DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

That's what I thought about Idaho. All it takes a is a lawsuit against the state and for it to be filed in Federal court to start the dominoes falling.

They never addressed the central equal protection issue directly (Carolene Products Footnote #4 I'm looking at YOU). Which means it will inevitably come back to SCOTUS unless Congress enacts legislation similar to 1964. And even then...

Alabama and Mississippi would rather burn than accept gay marriage.  Or interracial marriage.  Or people who don't want to marry their cousin.  Or people who don't want to get married at all.  You get the picture.  Those two states will be dead last when it comes to this.

Weekend alone - Mrs Red and baby C are having a girly weekend with baby C's nursery friend and her mum in Norfolk...

So, The Last of us, Arkham origins, beer, pizza and wings are on the menu.

Oh and maybe some lawn mowing.

• Like 1

Successful semester, despite bronchitis, drama, late nights of unrelated art, and routinely feeling like I am far too old/stupid to be there. I've never been more relieved to be a B student. I'd fill this board with stupid student stories if I wouldn't rather eject them from my memory. I'd also burn all my biology notes if San Diego wasn't on fire*.

*do not worry, I am quite far south of all fires

• Like 1

I got paid.

A friend and I made a commitment to go see Swans (w/ Carla Bozulich) opening in September.

I go to check tickets, and it was sold out. Fuuuuck.

I lay down, and fail to sleep (full of energy with nowhere to put it now that the semester is done).

Stir, look at my internet, and see that Swans added a date the day before.

I'd like to see your insomnia pay off like this.

Hooray! My mom can still speak! and taste!  She's having her usual minor reaction to the anesthetic (we noticed it when the had to operate on her arm last year) but she's recovering rapidly!

• Like 12

Hooray! My mom can still speak! and taste!  She's having her usual minor reaction to the anesthetic (we noticed it when the had to operate on her arm last year) but she's recovering rapidly!

Good to hear, Mike. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Went to Spain. Rented a car and drive all over the country. Had one of the greatest nights of my life in Pamplona.

Arrived at the Philly airport today at 3. Got through customs and security at around 3:30. Texted my wife to let her know I was safe on the ground. Checked email to see my debut card had been compromised to the tune of $500 in Internet purchases from Nike, Ralph Lauren, Dolce and Gawhatever it is called and some children's clothing store.

Flat broke, sitting in the Philly airport on a 6 hour delay with no food because bank shut down my card. Watching thunderstorms come through and cancel flight after flight.

So why isn't this in the Fuck You thread?

Because no matter what, I am going to see my wife and three dogs soon. Happy days.

• Like 6

Glad to hear it, man! Wonderful news, indeed.

The mic slipping out of your hand cuz you're drunk doesn't count.

And how would we know about being drunk, Mr. Tabe? ;)
Be bitter all you want, no postcard for you.

The funny thing is I don't drink enough in a year to get drunk once - combined.

The web series I worked on, Strip Club, premieres next week, with episodes one and two dropping on May 31st.

It's about comics, not wearing pasties and shit

Watch for my fight scene in episode two. Bruce Lee shit, sirs.

Trailer here:

• Like 1

The web series I worked on, Strip Club, premieres next week, with episodes one and two dropping on May 31st.

*pulls singles out of wallet, this calls for a sexy party!*

It's about comics, not wearing pasties and shit

*returns singles to wallet, you gotta work for my money*

• Like 1

My wife and I put in a bid on a new house tomorrow. Hopefully it works out.

Our current house is a lovely starter home. We moved in here seven years ago or so. It's a very solid 3-BR, 1-bath house that is very livable. But since we both make more money now than we did when we first got married and bought our house, and we've retired most of our student loans, we figure we could buy something bigger/with more character. Philadelphia has an abundance of houses with charm and character, so we decided to start looking.

We really discovered that house-hunting made us really think about who we are and how we want to live our lives. Buying our first home was sort of a necessity -- we just got married, we had a lovely apartment but were running out of room, etc. But we had a pretty tight price range. That sort of limited it to the general Philadelphia rowhome. We looked at some really nice, old places that were amazing but felt way, way, way too fancy for us (even though the prices are affordable).

We also realized that where we live now has all sorts of great advantages. Wissahickon Park might be the best park in any city in the United States and an entrance is just a block away. We have a train station that gets us downtown in 15 minutes or so. We have a bus at the end of my block that gets us downtown in just a little bit more. It's a 10 minute commute from my wife's workplace. It's right by the highway so I can get to my office. We can walk to our beloved ice cream stand and to the restaurants in the commercial strip by us. It's really safe. It's just a great little neighborhood and we love it.

It took maybe leaving the neighborhood to make us realize how much we'd miss it. So we started looking at houses around here and found one we really love in our price range. It's two block or so away. It was built 115 years ago and has all of these really unique little antique things like a clawtub and a non-working steampipe that was used to heat the bedroom. We start the whole bidding thing tomorrow and hopefully it works out.

But even if it doesn't, we both realized that the little 15-block or so section of Philadelphia we live in is where we want to stay for the next 10 years of our lives or so. That's a great feeling.

• Like 3