Burgundy LaRue

Here's a conversation in the car Saturday night;

Amy: Whatcha doin', daddy?

Me: I'm driving the car, Amy.

Amy: Whatcha doin', Mommy?

Becca:I'm sitting in the car, Amy.

Amy: Whatcha doin', Amy? RAWWWWWWRRR!!!

• Like 1

I joined a gym. For maybe the first time in my life, I'm actively going to do something to make me healthier.

First thing I found...hitting a treadmill/bike is a fabulous way to blow off a shitty day. Meeting with their in house instructor next week to put some sort of routine in place.

• Like 1

Not my good news, but there is a nice pay-it-forward style story happening in Canada this week.

On Tuesday, a man walked into a Tim Horton's in Edmonton and paid for $500 worth of coffee for whoever came in. Then in Calgary yesterday, the same thing happened. It happened again today in Ottawa, Red Deer and twice in Edmonton. On one of the occasions in Edmonton, a woman bought $1300 worth of coffee. Awesome story, though the more cynical of the population are theorizing that it must be part of some kind of publicity stunt by a radio station or something. Tim Horton's have said they know nothing about it.

Not my good news, but there is a nice pay-it-forward style story happening in Canada this week.

On Tuesday, a man walked into a Tim Horton's in Edmonton and paid for $500 worth of coffee for whoever came in. Then in Calgary yesterday, the same thing happened. It happened again today in Ottawa, Red Deer and twice in Edmonton. On one of the occasions in Edmonton, a woman bought $1300 worth of coffee. Awesome story, though the more cynical of the population are theorizing that it must be part of some kind of publicity stunt by a radio station or something. Tim Horton's have said they know nothing about it.

This has now happened in at least 20 Tim Horton's across the country.

I got a free growler of beer. 

So now I'm walking around with two growlers of beer on my back. One is called Black Power. The other is called Eugene.

Fuckin' look out mane.

• Like 2

And, because I'm apparently a masochist, I will be banging my head into the brick wall that is "auditioning for The Voice" once again in about a week and a half. I don't know, man. I mean, never say never and all that, but I think this may be the last time I try this. Here's hoping I don't embarrass myself.  <_<

Kyle - when and where are you doing the try outs?Someone I know is trying to get in today at the ones being held in NYC at the Javits center. Of course she is all I NEVER WATCH THE SHOW BUT SINGING!! FUCK YEAH!!!

And, because I'm apparently a masochist, I will be banging my head into the brick wall that is "auditioning for The Voice" once again in about a week and a half. I don't know, man. I mean, never say never and all that, but I think this may be the last time I try this. Here's hoping I don't embarrass myself.  <_<

Kyle - when and where are you doing the try outs?Someone I know is trying to get in today at the ones being held in NYC at the Javits center. Of course she is all I NEVER WATCH THE SHOW BUT SINGING!! FUCK YEAH!!!

I was going to be going Sunday, and yeah it's at the Javits center. But Denese and I discussed it, and the timing is just really bad from a financial perspective, so I'm not going after all. Bummer, but I'll be going for sure next time.

Yeah, I know. I thought about pulled pork right after I submitted the post. But in my defense...my good news that I posted about last night left me cloudy and disoriented today.

Also I'm a low hung fruit kind of guy.

So a few months back I was posting occasional updates on my attempt to lose weight. I'm now down to 231.6 this morning, down from a start of 260 in March. My original goal was 225 by the end of the year, but I didn't actually think I would get there in this short a time. I think it's probably time to shift exercise away from 100% cardio and more toward a mix of that and strength building, but I remain thoroughly intimidated by the weight machines in my complex gym and can't currently afford to go to a proper place with trainers and shit.

• Like 5

FUCK YEAH TO 30 POUNDS.

If you're not comfy with the machines I suggest your basic calisthenics. Pushups, lunges, squats. etc etc etc. You'd be amazed at what you can achieve with just these exercises. This will probably get you more confident so you can go on to lifting with the machines. Depends on what you want to achieve with your muscles. I've lost 80(and still a ways to go) and it's been primarily off of Hindu Squats and Pushups. I feel stronger than I ever have in my life. 

I think it's funny that you feel intimidated. You've just found out that you can lose this weight in like half the time you thought you could, so don't let some bolts and bars scare you. OWN THAT SHIT.

Good luck!

First and more important, HUGE congratulations to Doktor Control.

FUCK YEAH TO 30 POUNDS.

If you're not comfy with the machines I suggest your basic calisthenics. Pushups, lunges, squats. etc etc etc. You'd be amazed at what you can achieve with just these exercises. This will probably get you more confident so you can go on to lifting with the machines. Depends on what you want to achieve with your muscles. I've lost 80(and still a ways to go) and it's been primarily off of Hindu Squats and Pushups. I feel stronger than I ever have in my life. 

I think it's funny that you feel intimidated. You've just found out that you can lose this weight in like half the time you thought you could, so don't let some bolts and bars scare you. OWN THAT SHIT.

Good luck!

I think the intimidation is a product of a couple of different things.  First, my visual impairment tends to make me very shy around large devices that can conceivably injure me badly if I use it improperly.  Second, the drastic increase in time commitment.  I've done pretty well spending 30 minutes on a stair climber five days a week, but weight training is going to require more time and more work and I'm kind of afraid of trying and fucking it up in such a way that I stop dropping weight and don't get any muscle gain either.  As for what I'm trying to accomplish, I just want to put on a little bit more lean mass so that as the flab vanishes I don't wind up with saggy empty flesh.

Just bought BOLA tickets for myself.  Got me a front row seat on night 2.  This is very good.

edit: And apparently Davey Richards just dropped out of the tournament.  My cup runneth over!

• Like 2