DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is good news, or completely stunning news, but...I just had a great experience with Comcast customer service - online, on the phone, and in person. My eight year old modem kept turning into a pumpkin and I was cleared to swap it out without any headaches. This is stunning.

What? What am I doing wrong? I have no judgments about her whatsoever. I don't care what she looks like -- a cute girl is a cute girl as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to share too much on here about her.

We talked for a bit and I found that I had a lot in common with her and I wanted to get to know her better, so we exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up.

I mean, it's just meeting up for coffee, what am I doing wrong?

We've been down this road for you before.  And not once has it ended well.  It tends to go--

1.)  I met a new girl.  She's not my type, but she seems nice.  I'll give it a chance. We're going to hang out soon.

2.)  I hung out with the new girl, and what a hag. She laughed at me/gave me a fake phone number/has a boyfriend that she was trying to make jealous/cusssed at me/has crappy friends.  It was bad.

3.)  I shouldn't have bothered.  She's a fatty/not that good looking/kinda ugly and so not my type.  Eff her. What  a waste of time.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I say this as someone who can empathize with the lack of social skills.  I'm awkward as hell.  But you can't go into these situations with pre-conceived notions.  If someone isn't your type, then why bother getting to know them, and then use that against them when these quasi-relationships go bad?  You're picking on them and setting yourself up for failure.  Thing is, I think you enjoy it, as though you're channeling your energy toward these negative scenarios.  That's not healthy.

I don't mean to psycho-analyze you.  Hell, I don't know what I'm talking about and I sure as hell don't have room to point fingers.  But when do you stop to say it's not them but maybe you?  We all have likes/dislikes and things that push our buttons.  Seriously, I've straight cussed out people on this board.  But not everyone.  And based on what you post here, every girl you've met over the past several months has had some defect.  It's belitting toward them but more importantly, it's taking away from your chance to form meaningful friendships.

He should take chances, he just should not announce it early or at all. 

I rarely ever mention anything good that happens to me, because I know shit will rain soon enough and there is no need to tempt fate. 

And I mean, I think we all know deep down we're the problem. But you know, I gotta live with myself and I can only take so much bile. 

After a 12+ hour drive (PA to AL), my girlfriend and I arrived safe and sound at her grandmother's house. Chattanooga at rush hour was annoying, but the storm that had everyone worried gave us nothing but flurries.

• Like 1

Bittersweet good news: the GF that left me for dead after my concussion...clearly I'm retarded for the girl, as she begged and I took her back. It only lasted two weeks but I escaped unscathed.  Pretty certain I've gotten that bullshit out of my system now. Probably. Yeah...most likely. 

Good news in the form of a bunch of things that could have happened but didn't:

The lump we had cut out of my oldest dog's eyelid didn't turn out to be cancer.  It was just a benign tumor.

The cop that pulled in behind me with his flashers on after I drove past him going 80 in a 65 didn't pull me over.  I was already in the process of pulling over when he changed lanes to get the truck next to me.

The big one - my wife wasn't seriously injured when she easily could have been.  We had our annual family shootout the day after Thanksgiving, protecting the world from the threat of clay pigeons, plastic bottles and pumpkins.  She had fired 3 or 4 shots from my 9 mm when the brass on one of the bullets failed catastrophically - the whole side just came apart.  Chalk it up to Sig making a really sturdy gun, because it took almost all the damage.  She wound up with only minor powder burns on her right hand, and on her cheek below her glasses.

Plus my Aggies didn't lose Sumlin to USC, and probably won't to anyone else with the extension and with the way the team shit the bed the last two weeks.

• Like 1

The were reloads purchased a while back.  Obviously they didn't inspect that round closely enough before they did it.  We'd used about 1500 of the original 2000 rounds without any problems.  I'm chucking the rest though - not taking chances on that again. 

My father-in-law's health has gotten worse over the past week; but my wife, brother-in-law, and mother-in-law went to the hospital and discussed options of care (or deciding to die) with him and the doctors.

He decided he wants to live. Even if it means a tracheotomy, an oxygen regimen for life, and relocation from his hellhole of a residence, he decided he wants to live and cooperate. I'm surprised because of the nature of how he got there, but I always thought this guy would outlive all of us out of pure spite, so maybe it's not too shocking.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

The people of Ukraine finally smashed the remaining Lenin statue in Kyiv.  Warms the heart, except for the communist fuckers on here who are probably weeping right now. 

A whole bag of them.  Eat them. 

It's been fun.  I'll catch you the flipside.

• 2 weeks later...