DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

What was funny/sad/indicative of our can-do spirit was how we all migrated to Twitter and Facebook.  I friended a couple of DVDVR regulars on FB, and the blasted site suggested like 25 more DVDVR members to add!  We're clearly a small but mighty congregation.  Keeping it 300!  :D

Well, here's some good news.  I'm finally about to move out to an apartment in Baltimore.  It's pretty much done, just have to clean it up and move stuff in.  The fact that this is by Fells Point means my poor liver's gonna take a beating (Max's Taphouse nearby?  Oh, man...)  On top of that, my new job starts Monday and it's gonna be pretty awesome.  Then there's the wedding that's coming up next year.  Definitely feeling the positive vibes this all brings.

Fuck. That. Shit.

What the hell Piranesi.

From the Wiki-poo:

Soon afterward, it became clear that there was something eerie about the doll. Eugene's parents said they often heard him talking to the doll and that the doll appeared to be talking back. Although at first they assumed that Eugene was simply answering himself in a changed voice, they later believed that the doll was actually speaking.

In the night Eugene would scream, and when his parents ran to the room, they would find furniture knocked over and Eugene in bed, looking incredibly scared, telling them that "Robert did it!". In addition, guests swore that they saw Robert's expression change before their eyes.

When Eugene died in 1974, the doll was left in the attic until the house was bought again. The new family included a ten-year old girl, who became Robert's new owner. It was not long before the girl began screaming out in the night, claiming that Robert moved about the room and even attempted to attack her on multiple occasions. More than thirty years later, she still tells interviewers that the doll was alive and wanted to kill her

I've been working a temp job for the past 3 months and I got offered a permanent position yesterday.  I'm getting a raise, paid vacation, insurance, the whole schmear.  And a bunch of people I work with went out of their way to tell me what a good job I've been doing and how much they appreciate it.  That shit has never happened to me before.  After 4 years of being un- and under-employed it feels good to have some security.

One of my friends from HS is getting married this weekend, so I'm going to see a bunch of friends that I haven't seen in years.  Two of my best friends from back then are on the way over to my house right now to grill steaks and shoot the shit.  Doesn't get much better than that.

And I'm glad to see all of you people again.  I've been reading this board for going on 15 years now and the internet just wasn't the same without it.

• Like 3

I welcomed another nephew into the world Thursday morning. So far reaction to my nicknaming him "Slurpee" hasn't been good, but damn it I'm keeping it until his personality grows and dictates something better.

If everyone's connected on FB, y'all need to join the DVDVR page on there. I think there's about 3-4 members right now.

• Like 1

Well, after our first pick for a new home fell through (the owner had no interest in negotiating), I think we finally found someplace that will work, though it's going to need quite a bit of work to make it accessible for Denese. Yay!

Now if I could just find a goddamn job >_<