DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

My strange looking mole is... just a strange looking mole, according to my doctor. Nothing to raise alarms over.

Also I'm pretty sure I get to be shot with a laser in a couple weeks. I sure hope so. That would be cool.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a laser to the knee."

I would assume they keep track of that stuff and when they find one missing someone is going to have to pay the piper.

Two missing, and I doubt it. The reception was in one part of the hotel, and the bar was adjacent, and was also serving regular patrons that were watching football.

Putting this here instead of somewhere in the Movies & TV forum because it's not my thoughts about a movie:

I have a friend who does some film editing work, and he got me into my first Toronto Film Festival party yesterday evening.  It was late afternoon/early evening on a weeknight, so nothing crazy happened, it was just a typical get-together with people milling around drinking and talking.  And most of the people there were festival staffers and media folks.

But, after I got past the guest list people, literally the first person I saw when I walked into the party was Ti West.  And I got to shake hands with Joe Swanberg a little later on, and said to him "Keep doing what you're doing" (immediately followed by my brain telling me "What?  'Keep doing what you're doing? You idiot.").  So that was cool.

Handed in my notice to my current employer. Eff yes. Your best pal FSW is moving on up.

More quitting stories from anyone, please.

It makes me yearn for my day in the sun.

I was expecting to go in guns blazing, make a big scene about how incompetent everyone is and how I loved the company and wanted it to improve. Instead I went in and apologised and said how much I loved the company and was sorry to leave.

Handed in my notice to my current employer. Eff yes. Your best pal FSW is moving on up.

More quitting stories from anyone, please.It makes me yearn for my day in the sun.
When I quit my last job, I had the exit interview and expected it to just be a couple minutes. Then they asked me why I was leaving and the manager asked me for my honest input. 45 minutes later, I was done. I'm pretty opinionated at work and, well, I was that day :) The guy took it though, thanked me for my input, and offered me a job three years later. I used that offer to get a nice raise instead :)
  • Like 1

More quitting stories from anyone, please.

It makes me yearn for my day in the sun.

I was expecting to go in guns blazing, make a big scene about how incompetent everyone is and how I loved the company and wanted it to improve. Instead I went in and apologised and said how much I loved the company and was sorry to leave.

Bitch :P

• Like 1