DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

Someone mentioned Dr. Pepper Red Fusion earlier, which was brilliant. I also really liked Pepsi Blue, but I know I was in the minority on that one.

Not sure if they still do it, but I'm pretty sure there was a Holiday Spice Pepsi as well, which...naw.

Is this the wrong thread where I say I just got a domestic violence charge dismissed?

(ducks)

(It was a bullshit ploy by a 250 lb. man accusing his 110 lb. ex-wife of slapping him during a child custody dispute)

(Mountain Dew Code Red is liquid meth)

• Like 1

Is this the wrong thread where I say I just got a domestic violence charge dismissed?

(ducks)

(It was a bullshit ploy by a 250 lb. man accusing his 110 lb. ex-wife of slapping him during a child custody dispute)

The more I think about it

Old Billy was right

Let's kill all the lawyers

Kill 'em tonight

Wait, what?

Congrats on the win.  I'm always gonna high-five you for getting not guilty clients cleared.  :)

• Like 1

My laptop's internal keyboard had been shot since last fall, thanks to an exploding beer. HD, touchpad, and fingerprint scanner were fine, so I figured I'd just stick it out with an external keyboard.

Fast forward to April. I decided to go all-in with this PC, and ordered a replacement keyboard. When I went to install it...one of the screws became stripped thanks to my own meddling. I really didn't try to install it again...until today. I hunkered down, bought a drill, got the damn stripped screw out...and installed the new keyboard, which I'm typing on right now.

Next order of business? Getting a fancy mouse. Then I'll get monitor number three.

• Like 1

So my nephew has been hellbent on getting a tattoo since he turned 18 six weeks ago.  I voiced my opinion on the topic - am not a fan of tattoos (no offense to any who might have one!), especially on somebody so young - but wasn't exactly going to brawl with him to get him to not get it.  Yesterday was his best friend's 18th birthday and they planned out a day to go get tattoos together.  The time for the friend to pick up my nephew comes and goes and he's nowhere to be found.  Phone calls ensue and it turns out he's misplaced his wallet.  More time passes and nephew starts getting worried that tattoo guy won't be around to do the work.  Seems he's normally closed on Sundays but was opening up to do these two a favor.  Calls to the guy went unanswered.  More phone calls and the wallet is now LOST.  Left on a bumper/fender while filling up and then friend drove off.  Nephew is getting upset and pissed as he sees his whole day going down the tubes. 

So why is this in the good news thread?

Friend's sister steps in and fronts him the cash for his tattoo.  They go downtown, the guy is there, they get their tattoos and have a great time doing it.  Smiles all around and pictures on Facebook, the whole nine yards.

Why is this REALLY in the good news thread?

After going to the tattoo parlor, they go back to the friend's house and...........find his wallet there.  Contents intact.  With a note from the person who found it.  Wishing him a happy 18th birthday.  

So a really great way to end what was a pretty darn great day for them.

Got a traffic ticket a few months back (right before my birthday, actually).  The policeman who issued the ticket wrote the wrong year on it - 2013 instead of 2014.  People told me to show up in court and fight it or whatever, but that seemed like a lot of effort, and you can just pay it online, so I paid it.

They refunded my payment today.

• Like 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

We won the corporate challenge 3 on 3 basketball tournament last night.  Been knocking on the door for a few years now and finally got over the hump.  Some good ball players in Bloomington, so I'm pretty chuffed. 

This reminds me. There really is an essay waiting to be written about how similar radio and wrestling are. To use wrestling terminology, they've strapped me to a rocket and are pushing me to the moon.

At this very moment, there are billboards, a car, and now t-shirts, with my face on them. Good news for my "brand?" Yup. Fucking weird for a kid from a tiny farm town? Yup.

Pics or it didn't happen.

At this very moment, there are billboards, a car, and now t-shirts, with my face on them. Good news for my "brand?" Yup. Fucking weird for a kid from a tiny farm town? Yup.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ok.....need to use that there photo bucket or some such photo account nonsense....

Been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. Last couple days they found one of the causes of when my heart goes scary fast and were able to fix it. Just got an internal defibrillator put in that will save my life should something bad go down, plus I won't have to wear a life vest, which I fucking hated.

The plan is to send me home Monday on meds to see how far they can get me before deciding on an internal pump or transplant.

• Like 7