DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

We had the best audience so far at The Producers tonight. Almost every joke got huge laughs and they were wild for all the numbers. It was so much fun, the first time we killed with the entire crowd. This theatre has a long rep as a place where it's pretty much only the family friendly classics so a lot of the regular type of crowd has been uncomfortable with a lot of the content or aren't fans of Mel Brooks type comedy. We've had some great crowds but tonight was heads and tails the best. And we totally didn't have our best performance, and a few set changes didn't go as well as normal, to put it mildly. But, man, it's such a high when you're part of a team making a crowd laugh and crushing.

• Like 1

I just published my first article in the new Aspen Institute Journal of Ideas

Teen Mom Effect

Looks like Time Magazine agrees that Phil's article rules!

Time.com's best ideas of the day

Fuck yeah, that Phil guy seems pretty cool.

• Like 1

Just had an unofficial reunion with my friends I worked with at the Daily Texan at UT back in the day.

On a whim, I posted on Facebook that I wasn't excited for my high school reunion - I'd rather have a DT reunion. People came out of the woodwork unexpectedly and it became a reality last night.

Hadn't seen the crew in 15 years. It was fantastic. So bizarre how everyone changed, but we're all the same, and it was heartening to see how successful we've all been.

It was a great night.

• Like 1

Happy birthday to me!

Despite my body's habit of hating me, I have made it to 39.

You're a year and two days younger than me. Happy belated B'day.

My body has never hated me. I've been lucky :)

Fuck Surge.  Vault was a better failed Coca-Cola "MDK"

But if anyone can get PepsiCo to bring back Crystal Clear, let me know.

And if anyone can get Dr. Pepper to bring back Red Fusion, I will kiss your feet (or at least bring back my Dr. Pepper avatar...)

Well, regular Cherry Coke and Wild Cherry Pepsi are still all over the place.

I think Cherry Dr. Pepper and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper are both still out there as well.

Pepsi Vanilla was actually pretty tasty mixed with vodka or rum.