DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

Or is Jae going to make it a two day final? I believe there is precedent for it.

The famous Mark Henry robbery. When Jae Cutler disappeared until sockos pushed Punk over the line.

You're acting like that one guy in the Nightwatch who will play a role in events that I suspect will be towards the end of Season 4 of Game of Thrones.

Or is Jae going to make it a two day final? I believe there is precedent for it.

The famous Mark Henry robbery. When Jae Cutler disappeared until sockos pushed Punk over the line.

You're acting like that one guy in the Nightwatch who will play a role in events that I suspect will be towards the end of Season 4 of Game of Thrones.

"That one guy in Game of Thrones" is basically anyone in Game of Thrones.

I couldn't remember the details. Thanks for jogging my memory.

I kind of wish that The Shield had been in this as a group, only because I think it would have made the final four more wide open.  Having said that it is pretty amazing how it was obvious from the beginning that it would be these two guys in the finals.  I still don't think Cesaro has a prayer of winning, but at least I can claim a minor victory in the sense that he was a consensus number two, to a guy who is never not going to win this. 

I just got a PM from Rippa's office demanding a Dean Ambrose vs. Jaedmc grudge matchup, with the winner being inserted into the finals to make it the triple-threat Wrestlemania DREAM MATCH we've all been asking for!!!!

Just in case anyone doesn't believe me for any reason, I've pasted the message below:

photo-thumb-2.jpeg?_r=1385291128 Yo, Piranesi,

Jae is too busy crushing dreams, doodling Okada into scenes from SAY ANYTHING and changing Travis Wood's player ratings on MLB: The Show to do his damn job.  So, since you were the guy who ended the tyranny of the Waiter era for total likes, and have a likes-to-post ratio 2nd only to Jae (and we both know how he fixes that...It's shameful but we're powerless to stop him and, frankly, it's just embarrassing for all of us), I thought you should give him the following message:

Due to overwhelming demand and many many people coming to their senses and sending private requests, it is hereby decreed that Jaedmc stand to trial for his many many crimes against beauty and elegance in a facial-off against Dean Ambrose.  Since Jae only has the one Beckham facial, it's going to be tough for him, but that's Karma.

The winner of the facial-off shall be added to the Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro March Madness final.  I've also decided to put you personally in charge of keeping the vote totals accurate.  Also, the only wrestling criteria valid in this vote will be forehead-flesh-to-muscle ratio.  So, Jae, push all the buttons necessary to do all this stuff right now, okay?  Cool.

I'm assuming this will all happen pretty quickly.  Like, probably too quickly to bother having a big conversation about it...

• Like 1

I know some people say that Brock makes them watch more closely because anything can happen. I kind of get that vibe with Cesaro. You almost certainly know you're going to see something special. Which in and of itself wouldn't put him over Bryan, but he's also on Bryan's level or higher on so many other things. 

I think a really key thing to do is look at the way they built and changed the matches in the Zayn/Cesaro series and then look at Bryan's series with Orton and while the latter two had good matches, does anyone really want to see another one? 

On the other hand, who here still wants to see more Zayn/Cesaro? Pretty much everyone.

• Like 1

I kind of wish that The Shield had been in this as a group, only because I think it would have made the final four more wide open.  Having said that it is pretty amazing how it was obvious from the beginning that it would be these two guys in the finals.  I still don't think Cesaro has a prayer of winning, but at least I can claim a minor victory in the sense that he was a consensus number two, to a guy who is never not going to win this. 

Based on the year Bryan's had, I think jae is entirely within his rights to award Bryan the Daniel Bryan Memorial March Madness Trophy, and then signal to the back, leading to SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA THE SHIELD blasting out, leading to an impromptu Bryan vs. The Shield match.

To speak to Matt's point, did you really think you were going to see Cesaro grab Big E out of *mid air* and hit a tilt a whirl backbreaker? 

I know some people say that Brock makes them watch more closely because anything can happen. I kind of get that vibe with Cesaro. You almost certainly know you're going to see something special. Which in and of itself wouldn't put him over Bryan, but he's also on Bryan's level or higher on so many other things. 

I think a really key thing to do is look at the way they built and changed the matches in the Zayn/Cesaro series and then look at Bryan's series with Orton and while the latter two had good matches, does anyone really want to see another one? 

On the other hand, who here still wants to see more Zayn/Cesaro? Pretty much everyone.

This is really sums up the difference between the two for me.  Bryan has clearly settled into his formula, while Cesaro hasn't.  I don't expect to see much new, cool stuff in a Bryan match, but I do in Cesaro's.

Retiring Bryan from our best wrestler tournament because too many people think he's the best wrestler is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. All you'd be doing is setting up a paper champion. LEGITIMACY is the only thing holding March Madness together.

Retiring Bryan from our best wrestler tournament because too many people think he's the best wrestler is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. All you'd be doing is setting up a paper champion. LEGITIMACY is the only thing holding March Madness together.

It's less that and more an acknowledgment of his awesomeness, along with recognition that everyone else is playing for second place.

I'm working on putting you down here! Then all posts will be artistic masterpieces like ben! and Gregg and Piran.. does that guy have a name?

...I mean, I'd probably help you out, but the fact that you listed those names over mine is not helping.

vlcsnap2012051802h55m33.png

I am trying to decide who is more likely to own Brisco's pants.

I am leaning towards Jae - though they clearly are in Bears colors

I still have my pair.