DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

On 1/22/2018 at 8:23 AM, cwoy2j said:

Listening to Bruce's new podcast on Royal Rumble 98. He's insufferable trying to defend the racial stuff HBK was doing at the time (eating bananas while making fun of the NOD, making monkey noises and gestures at a black fan, etc). 

" Listening to Bruce's new podcast on __________________________. He's insufferable trying to defend ____________" is a exactly why that show is such a waste of time.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Fuller's monkey story is as good as Cornette reviewing Raw 25 is bad.

Willie B was not a girl ape though.  I saw him when I was in like 2nd grade.  Just sitting in his cell watching the news on TV.  Then I saw him again in high school.  Just sitting on a rock in the outdoor habitat watching the other apes running around.  He didn't do any of those Australian monkey highspots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 5:41 AM, Technico Support said:

" Listening to Bruce's new podcast on __________________________. He's insufferable trying to defend ____________" is a exactly why that show is such a waste of time.

Luckily for Bruce, Conrad comes across as an unlikable know-it-all even when he's right. 

• Like 1

I almost had a heart attack when I didn't see Sean Mooney's podcast not on the MLW list anymore, but thankfully it's not going away, just on hiatus.

Last week's episode with Dangerous Danny Davis was pretty interesting. More about the man and less wrestling stories then you'd expect. Davis' HEAVY New England accent is amusing.

Anyone else listen to 6:05? I just started, and episode 83 has a fucking hilarious story told by Jerry Grey about Jake The Snake at a show in Zanesville, Ohio. Absolutely ridiculously fantastic. Jerry actually told a few pretty great stories. 

Schiavone's show in the final stretch (maybe?) as his daughter's wedding approaches.  Sad to see it go but realistically one had to see it coming in its current format.  There's only so many WCW ppvs out there and a lot of the storylines and performers of the Nitro era were pretty redundant for about a three year stretch.  

In regards to Sean Mooney, I listened to the Jim Johnston episode because who doesn't love 80's/90s WWF production music.  Probably the worst guest with the most potential in wrestling podcast land.  His Austin appearance a couple was a total dud too.  No memory and a tendency to drift into boring anecdotes.  You could tell even Mooney was getting frustrated.

11 hours ago, DukeCaesar said:

In regards to Sean Mooney, I listened to the Jim Johnston episode because who doesn't love 80's/90s WWF production music.  Probably the worst guest with the most potential in wrestling podcast land.  His Austin appearance a couple was a total dud too.  No memory and a tendency to drift into boring anecdotes.  You could tell even Mooney was getting frustrated.

I agree. My favorite parts were when Mooney would name his favorite themes or other famous ones and they were all Jimmy Hart songs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. I guess at his daughter's wedding Tony found out that his family, not just his friends, love him doing the podcast and that made him realize that it was worth continuing.

Honestly, I'm all for it. I really love What Happened When and you can tell that Tony is having a lot of fun with it.

• Like 1