DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Prichard asserting that Gino Hernandez was murdered, based on Prichard's reasoning that Hernandez was in firm control of his coke habit and could not have possibly OD'd, is the most junkie of junkie reasoning ever.

"Gino couldn't have OD'd because he knew how to handle his coke" ignores the fact that he had years of abuse on his body in the ring and out, and it's like saying there's no way head drops will kill Misawa because he knows how to take head drops.  It's one of those cumulative things where everything is fine until the one time it's not.

I just discovered XPac's Podcast, He's I really good host, and t seems like everyone likes him. I just listened to the one with Bob Holly and it was interesting for him to have Holly on when Holly wasbt afraid to let it be known that he doesnt like Hunter or even Shawn. Kid is definitely the most liked Kliq member.

So I met Ric Flair this past weekend at Emerald City Comic Con. I asked him when/if the podcast was coming back and he said it wasn't, that it was too time consuming for the other stuff he does (conventions, WWE appearances, etc). He said he may do something with Sirius XM later in the year though. 

Bruce Prichard's Something to Wrestle With, has become my favorite wrestling podcast. Totally compelling and interesting stuff, every week. Meanwhile, the 605 Superpodcast has jumped the shark, badly. Brian Last's bitterness towards other podcasts has become tiresome. 

• Like 4

I haven't seen it referenced on this thread, so apologies if it's been discussed and I just missed it, but anyone listen to Solomonster Sound-Offs? I'm a huge fan of that podcast. Jason Solomon has a great voice and it sounds really professional. That's the thing that takes me out of The Masked Man the most, it just lacks polish. 

The irony of Solomonster being so enjoyable is it's either on the same network or partners in some way with Don Tony and Kevin Castle, which might be the single WORST wrestling podcast out there. 

Prichard has surpassed everyone, I believe, in podcasts. Steve is hit or miss, Jericho is good, but more entertaining when he's got the Talkin' Shop or other wrestlers on, but Bruce is very entertaining and Conrad is a great host. The shows are long, have great stories, and other than money, are straight forward. 

Schiavone's show is great, but, it's still getting it's feet wet. Same with Storm/Cyrus. 

**post edit**

Prichard's Johnny Ace impression on this Piper episode is hilarious. Time stamp: 2:27:50. 

• Like 2

Agreed that Prichard's podcast is in a league of its own. Must-listen for me every week. Makes the drive home from work on Friday entertaining. 

Conrad is great too. Would love to see Bischoff/Conrad on the WCW version instead of Schiavone. Bischoff's reaction to conrad's grilling would be worth it alone.