DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

83 Weeks has quickly devolved to "Everyone is full of shit except for me", with a dose of "Meltzer is an idiot" thrown in.

Yeah it was funny when Eric said that when Conrad qoutes from wrestlers or who evers books, everyone needs to remember that everyone is just giving there view point or spin on it. My first thought was...um Eric didn't you write a book? Isn't this podcast just you giving your spin on things?

And would it kill Eric to do some research? He said Bret's book was ghost written (it wasn't) and Jericho's was published by the WWE (it wasn't). Just take a few minutes and try to recall and write notes before the recording.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ace said:

Storm did Figure Four Daily this week, covering for Tom Lawlor. He said he doesn't have the time to devote to Killing the Town.

I dropped it last week. Figured I could always pick it back up if lance returns. 

Wait, some of you think Conrad is actually mad and legit screaming? He's doing it for laughs. It's the same shit he does on What Happened When and he sometimes does it with Bruce. It's just schtick if you want to call it that.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Wait, some of you think Conrad is actually mad and legit screaming? He's doing it for laughs. It's the same shit he does on What Happened When and he sometimes does it with Bruce. It's just schtick if you want to call it that.

It's schtick that's annoying as heck and makes me not want to listen to the show. So... great job, I guess?

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I feel like that's a shirt. 

Now that's schtick that I can deal with. It's nowhere near as uncomfortable and intimidating as "man screaming about something inconsequential out of nowhere".

I mean, maybe the shirts are uncomfortable. I don't know.

14 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I've really been really enjoying What Happened When recently. The MST3K-esce episodes are really clicking for me.

Go back and watch more. I think these are the best of the Conrad podcasts because him and Tony appropriately shit all over things that deserve to be shit on instead of defending them (like Eric and Bruce), they're funny when they both cut promos as whoever, they praise the stuff that should be praised, and Tony still adds insight to each episode. Them watch Barely Legal was really good because it was Tony's first time seeing that (and it may have been his first time seeing ECW period). 

• Like 1

Wow. Uh, so I wonder if this was the last week for 83 Weeks. It only took a handful of weeks for Bischoff to drive Conrad crazy with his bullshit, but it finally happened. I'm only 12 minutes in and this shit is really uncomfortable.

Nevermind, they both cooled down and were fine. Even still, you can tell Conrad doesn't have much patience for Bischoff. I think they're friends and all, but Conrad's approach to these interviews is very fanlike where he wants to take Eric to task for killing WCW and every other dumb decision made in WCW. In theory, that should work, but in execution, it makes for really uncomfortable moments.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, Craig H said:

On 6/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, Craig H said:

Wow. Uh, so I wonder if this was the last week for 83 Weeks. It only took a handful of weeks for Bischoff to drive Conrad crazy with his bullshit, but it finally happened. I'm only 12 minutes in and this shit is really uncomfortable.

Now you finally get why I was so bothered by this "just for laughs" screaming over nothing schtick. It's difficult to listen to, even if it's just schtick, and it can be especially difficult if you grew up in an abusive household with someone who sounds exactly like Conrad when he's screaming.

I've seen a lot of talk of the same podcasts, but I'm curious if anybody else listens to the STORE HORSEMAN podcast. A few stand up comics (Including Joe Rogan regular, Tony Hinchcliffe) get together at the Comedy Store and podcast about current wrestling. I'm a fan of Hinchcliffe, but it took me a few episodes to "get" each of the other comics' humor. They actually scooped Stone Cold and had Enzo on about a 3 weeks ago. Most of the same news was talked about. I didn't listen to Austin's, but from what I read on here and elsewhere it sounds like he went into much more detail on the way his day went on the day of RAW25. He did talk about the Cass relationship or lack of there of today. He also told a pretty great story about being the original "American Vandal" and drawing dicks on the trainer board at the PC while in NXT. 

It was the week going into MITB cause the comics were going through their picks and Enzo gave his thoughts on the guys as they went through the card. He put over a lot of guys. 

I've also fallen into the Bruce Prichard podcast. I checked out the network version first, enjoyed that and added the podcast to my podcast app. I'm really digging the BTS stories, even if they are from the POV of Bruce always defending Vince and co. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...