DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

I'm listening to the podcast now and I've gotten teary eyed multiple times. This is really sweet and Tony's kids are great. I hope I have as much fun with my kid and she says nice things like this about me when we're older.

• Like 2

People were skeptical of how it would work because Bischoff's last podcast was terrible. Conrad said that Bischoff didn't see his questions ahead of time and had to answer things on the spot and it wound up being a mess. For this podcast, Bischoff will have the questions ahead of time and Conrad will work with Bischoff to be prepared.

We'll see how it works, but there's a ton to criticize Bischoff over and he isn't friends with Conrad like Bruce and Tony are.

• Like 1

Bowden had J E Double F on this week to talk about the amazing Bill and Buddy angle and some other early career stuff. 

For a guy who lasted so long in the business, it's funny his first angle was his best angle.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Bowden had J E Double F on this week to talk about the amazing Bill and Buddy angle and some other early career stuff. 

For a guy who lasted so long in the business, it's funny his first angle was his best angle.

To be fair, there was nowhere to go but down after the Bill and Buddy angle.

Not a whole lot of chatter in this thread but apparently Bruce and Conrad are getting a spin-off on the Network. Conrad was on the SI media podcast and says that the podcast won't be affected and the Network show will have no restriction. "I'm gonna mention Benoit, Chyna....read verbatim from the Observer if I want to."

Good luck with that, pal. 

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Not a whole lot of chatter in this thread but apparently Bruce and Conrad are getting a spin-off on the Network. Conrad was on the SI media podcast and says that the podcast won't be affected and the Network show will have no restriction. "I'm gonna mention Benoit, Chyna....read verbatim from the Observer if I want to."

Yeah, it kind of got lost in the Wrestlemania weekend hoopla. I personally don't expect too much from the show (and I still enjoy the pod) but I can't help but be happy for Conrad.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hagan said:

Chyna might not be that big of an issue depending on what he says.  But one mention of Benoit will get him kicked off faster than you can say "Damn, this episode's 5 hours?!"

It was pretty funny. Tony didn't have many insights as there were lots of people he'd never heard of much less worked with but I thought it was a good listen. Tony enjoyed it a lot more than I thought he would've as I thought he would've shit on a lot of it. He seemed to really like the Sabu/Taz match and thought the angle with Funk/Raven/Dreamer at the end was good.

Holy shit, I'm not even through an hour of today's What Happened When and this might be the best episode yet. Tony riffing as Mean Gene is hilarious shit. If that wasn't enough, then his constant digs at Conrad getting a WWE check now, Conrad getting in digs at Tony getting paid $.25 for MLW (and Tony later saying if you watch a month of MLW I'll make a $1), and then Tony riffing about Johnny B. Badd, DDP, and Col. Robert Parker is amazing.

I'm not sure I've ever laughed this much during a wrestling podcast and there's still 2 hours left.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit, I'm not even through an hour of today's What Happened When and this might be the best episode yet. Tony riffing as Mean Gene is hilarious shit. If that wasn't enough, then his constant digs at Conrad getting a WWE check now, Conrad getting in digs at Tony getting paid $.25 for MLW (and Tony later saying if you watch a month of MLW I'll make a $1), and then Tony riffing about Johnny B. Badd, DDP, and Col. Robert Parker is amazing.

I'm not sure I've ever laughed this much during a wrestling podcast and there's still 2 hours left.

All of this. I was crying from laughing so hard at the Okerlund bits on the way into work this morning. 

Yeah they did and they give it the highest of praises. It's a great listen even if they're riffing here and there. They made a great point about Steamboat vs Flair too where they're like, name the other great match from the Chicago or New Orleans matches between Steamboat and Flair and it's hard to. The undercard was fairly remarkable and that might have helped Steamboat vs Flair stand out that much more.

In this, you had the incredible Nastys vs Jack/Payne, Buck vs Dustin, and a hoss match between Vader and Boss Man. People tend to remember one of those matches, certainly less people remember the latter, but it's still remembered by some. Had the quality of the undercard been a little less than great, would Steamboat vs Flair been remember more by people? I never thought of that before, but I'm inclined to agree.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:11 AM, Craig H said:

This. I'm  generally not a fan of this podcast, but this episode had me in tears.