DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

I thought it had something at first to do with Lance being on vacation in Hawaii.  But then he came back and unless the wrestling school's busier than before don't see why he's not around.

Two asses got kicked on the episode of 83 Weeks this week. Bischoff kicked Russo's ass up and down and Conrad shut down Bischoff pretty hard when Bischoff tried dragging Meltzer's name through the mud. Bischoff did the same tired "Meltzer doesn't know anything because he's never run anything and has never run a wrestling promotion." Conrad brought up how Meltzer does run a podcast, website, newsletter, etc., but then also dropped a hammer on Bischoff saying, "apparently you don't know how to run a wrestling company either - you lost $80 million dollars!" and then he got Bischoff to concede that he basically didn't give a shit about WCW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Picked up back STWW after a long hiatus. Bruce is still Bruce so your patience may vary but I gotta say that Conrad has gotten really good at hosting these shows. The British Bulldog and WMIV shows were a lotta fun. 

Also, gotta say that Cornette's deep dives into his SMW/WWF runs that he's doing are a blast. His Q/A podcast is fun, too. 

Id love to see Cornette do a Conrad podcast...but it will never happen as Cornette wont give up the politics talk.

So "The hobo Army" talk on this weeks STWW..they talk about a message board...is that here? 

I would be tempted to give up the Cornette pod if it became a Conrad show. Last does a good job of generally staying out of the way or asking a few questions or clarifications. Certainly much better than when Alice was co host. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Brian Last also doesn't scream "I'M TRYING TO DO A FUCKING SHOW HERE" like whenever Conrad gets upset that someone won't go along with an internet rumor.

It probably helps that Brian has his own show, not just the ones where he co-hosts, and can do whatever he wants on the 605 pod. Plus he and Cornette have known each other for a while and are pretty much in agreement on the politics thing.

I dont know Last, but I definitely enjoy most of his corner of the podcast world, with the shows with Cornette, Bowden and Fuller. It's a little surprising he is not hosting the jarrett pod. 

On 5/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, dokdoyle said:

Id love to see Cornette do a Conrad podcast...but it will never happen as Cornette wont give up the politics talk.

So "The hobo Army" talk on this weeks STWW..they talk about a message board...is that here? 

It wouldn't surprise me if Conrad at least reads this board. 

On Bowden’s pod, Jarrett said that Mushnick offered to give Lawler a brief title reign (a la Tommy Rich) but Jarrett turned it down, figuring it would do him/them more harm than good.  If true,I would agree.

I gave 83 Weeks a shot with this week's episode about the DX invasion angle, because I kept hearing the show in general was good. I stopped listening when Conrad completely flipped out because Bischoff's timeline confusion about when DX was at the building. Bischoff originally said that he was in the ring when they arrived, which was clearly him making something up on the spot, and Conrad went off because there was no way this was possible because the sun was up during the DX promos and that meant it would've had to have been done during daytime. This fully encapsulated why I don't like Conrad's shows. It's like... dude, you're doing shows with known bullshitters in Bischoff and Bruce Prichard. Is it really worth screaming at known bullshitters over whether or not the sun would have been up? It's minutiae, and it's uncomfortable listening to hear someone yelling at the top of their lungs over something simple like this.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, Sasha said:

I gave 83 Weeks a shot with this week's episode about the DX invasion angle, because I kept hearing the show in general was good. I stopped listening when Conrad completely flipped out because Bischoff's timeline confusion about when DX was at the building. Bischoff originally said that he was in the ring when they arrived, which was clearly him making something up on the spot, and Conrad went off because there was no way this was possible because the sun was up during the DX promos and that meant it would've had to have been done during daytime. This fully encapsulated why I don't like Conrad's shows. It's like... dude, you're doing shows with known bullshitters in Bischoff and Bruce Prichard. Is it really worth screaming at known bullshitters over whether or not the sun would have been up? It's minutiae, and it's uncomfortable listening to hear someone yelling at the top of their lungs over something simple like this.

Maybe I need to re listen cause I feel asleep during it but I thought Conrad's issue was Bischoff kept changing when he said they got there. But in Bischoff's defense, the first time I noticed it was when Bischoff was talking about what was happing on Nitro when Raw showed the DX Invasion. And Bischoff said "I was in the ring doing a promo." then Conrad talked about Hall or Nash talking about arriving to the areana and being made to go in a diffrent way or seeing a crowed and it was the DX crew.

3 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

Maybe I need to re listen cause I feel asleep during it but I thought Conrad's issue was Bischoff kept changing when he said they got there. But in Bischoff's defense, the first time I noticed it was when Bischoff was talking about what was happing on Nitro when Raw showed the DX Invasion. And Bischoff said "I was in the ring doing a promo." then Conrad talked about Hall or Nash talking about arriving to the areana and being made to go in a diffrent way or seeing a crowed and it was the DX crew.

I think he was flipping out because Bischoff originally thought the DX thing was aired live, and Conrad was screaming IT WAS FUCKING DAYTIME THE SUN WAS UP IT HAD TO BE A PRE-TAPE. Like... why does that matter? Is it worth screaming about?

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It is funny that he would use that line because almost everyone who worked for him had to get goverment assistance to survive because his payouts were so shitty  (remember his son telling Austin that his meager check wouldn't grow by staring at it? And yes Jeff did live to regret making that remark).

20 hours ago, Sasha said:

I think he was flipping out because Bischoff originally thought the DX thing was aired live, and Conrad was screaming IT WAS FUCKING DAYTIME THE SUN WAS UP IT HAD TO BE A PRE-TAPE. Like... why does that matter? Is it worth screaming about?

It also took place in June. We get natural sunlight until at least 9:30 pm here. They could have done the DX stuff at 8:30 in the evening, and it would still be sunny in June.