DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And on that note definitely check out this week's episode.  It's a 2-hour tribute to Hawk since it's been 14 years since he passed.  He seemed like he was a super nice and caring guy that had his demons, but it's well worth a listen.

The other tribute episodes they've done (one for Candido and one for Bad News Allen) were both very well done, the Bad News one in particular. I only knew Bad News from his time in the WWF as Bad News Brown, but hearing the stories that they told about him was really cool.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

The other tribute episodes they've done (one for Candido and one for Bad News Allen) were both very well done, the Bad News one in particular. I only knew Bad News from his time in the WWF as Bad News Brown, but hearing the stories that they told about him was really cool.

Yeah, the Bad News one was great. Callis, having been pretty close to him really made it better. They’re apparently doing a Bam Bam one soon. 

• Like 1

I tried listening to Kevin Sullivan's podcast the other day and it was tough. He has some good insights but his accent and speaking cadence make it a really hard listen in my opinion. Don't like the co-host too much either. 

Would highly recommend Prichard’s podcast this week talking about Bret Hart’s 1996/97.

Looking for some new podcasts....any suggestions?

Currenlty listening to both of Conrad Thompson’s podcasts, Cornette’s, Raven’s, and Russo’s castrating the marks (guilty pleasure).

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Would highly recommend Prichard’s podcast this week talking about Bret Hart’s 1996/97.

Currenlty listening to both of Conrad Thompson’s podcasts, Cornette’s, Raven’s, and Russo’s castrating the marks (guilty pleasure).

Edge & Christian’s, Killing The Town, Our Vantage Point (if for nothing else I love the Rushmore/Death Valley stuff) Ron Fuller’s Studcast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

Stevie Ray is an interesting listen. JJ Dillon's is quite good as well.

• Like 1

So I took the plunge and listened to an early episode with Jim Duggan, then a later one without.

Definitely did not miss Duggan rambling and going HOOOOO every few seconds.

The second episode I listened to was with Bruce Prichard and really, really enjoyed it. They talked about different things, not the same kind of topics/style that Bruce would normally do on Something To Wrestle With, and makes me want to hear a podcast solely about Lord Alfred Hays some more. Both had really great stories to tell about the WWF crew at the time.

• Like 1

Unless you are working a contrarian gimmick I don't know how you could hate that show. The Black-Dream match might be my favorite match I've seen all year, and I've seen all the big NJPW matches so that's high praise.

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I would call it refreshing. Not the usual "the boys worked hard but the match was not booked well." As on a lot of pods.

I thought their criticisms were warranted. I enjoyed the show but I can also see why they hated the stuff they did. Also, the Disco stuff at the beginning of the podcast was unbearable. I skipped through most of that.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I always skip the Disco stuff. Lately, there’s a lot of the show to skip for me. I usually just listen to the news bits and the. Awesome/awful or ECW segment. A lot of the interviews tend to be folks that don’t interest me. 

Same here. I wish that they'd get better guests b/c Lance and Cyrus are pretty good interviewers and are easy to listen to in general.