DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:21 PM, ChrisM said:

It's hard to imagine the Cheap Heat podcast without Shoemaker. We'll see how long it lasts. 

I think it will last, if only because Rosenberg will need an outlet to soft-brag about being friends with Mark Henry and the Bella Twins because he can't do that as much at Hot97 or ESPN

"Scripted bullshit....everything looked so scripted and fake.  You know I can say it all looked like phony bullshit.  It made someone like me that likes real wrestlin' stick my finger down my throat and go 'I just can't stand this phony bullshit.'  Its such shit.  Just pure shit."

-Bret Hart on The Rock angle at Wrestlemania

Bret might take the cake for most bitter ex-wrestling personality with a podcast. Its a burial of everyone on there (except Shaq and Tatanka, oddly).  Hilarious.

I'm not one bit surprised that not only does Bret have a podcast but he'd be bitter about WM.  Might have to give it a shot.

Surprised it hasn't been brought up in here, but man did MVP fuck up.  He was an agent with Lucha Underground and thought he could do interviews with some LU stars.  So not only does he reveal Jeff Cobb is Matanza (yes, a lot of us already knew that), but spoilers were being dished out left and right.  So for unintentionally violating the NDA LU's parent company fired him.  I knew listening to the episode he'd get in trouble, but damn was it a fun listen (has since been pulled)  Oh, and Catrina's voice is hypnotic, I loved listening to her.  Though she did give away a spoiler I wish I didn't hear.

But MVP handled this pretty damn well.  He knew he fucked up and owned up to it big-time so good on him.

5 hours ago, NickMD said:

I'm not one bit surprised that not only does Bret have a podcast but he'd be bitter about WM.  Might have to give it a shot.

Surprised it hasn't been brought up in here, but man did MVP fuck up.  He was an agent with Lucha Underground and thought he could do interviews with some LU stars.  So not only does he reveal Jeff Cobb is Matanza (yes, a lot of us already knew that), but spoilers were being dished out left and right.  So for unintentionally violating the NDA LU's parent company fired him.  I knew listening to the episode he'd get in trouble, but damn was it a fun listen (has since been pulled)  Oh, and Catrina's voice is hypnotic, I loved listening to her.  Though she did give away a spoiler I wish I didn't hear.

But MVP handled this pretty damn well.  He knew he fucked up and owned up to it big-time so good on him.

Was wondering what that was about. I avoid any and all LU rumor/spoiler type stuff so I was thinking maybe MVP was debuting later in the season when I started seeing all these headlines of "MVP FIRED from Lucha Underground!" I hadn't even known he was involved.

Another thing I worry about is if Catrina could get in trouble because revealed a key spoiler on there.  It's pulled and might not matter now, but when she said it I was like "Aww, damn, why did you have to say that?"  I don't know if they're going to change that now or just roll with it.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The latest Jim Cornette Experience features a fantastic burial of Lance Storm by Brian Last. It's also in the first five minutes of the episode for anyone that finds Cornette annoying (but the Ricky Morton interview that follows is also quite enjoyable).

Cornette's co-hosts have gotten progressively worse, which is quite a task considering how dreadful Alice Radley was. This new guy has one of the most unpleasant speaking voices I've ever heard, and sounds like he's struggling to breathe, let alone speak. 

On 4/18/2016 at 10:35 PM, KDWI said:

The latest Jim Cornette Experience features a fantastic burial of Lance Storm by Brian Last. It's also in the first five minutes of the episode for anyone that finds Cornette annoying (but the Ricky Morton interview that follows is also quite enjoyable).

You couldn't pay me to listen to Cornette's show.  What's the problem with Storm?  Was it his kind of dumb but not hugely offensive eulogy for Balls Mahoney?

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You couldn't pay me to listen to Cornette's show.  What's the problem with Storm?  Was it his kind of dumb but not hugely offensive eulogy for Balls Mahoney?

I think Lance's lone sin was defending his friend Chris Jericho on Twitter, which caused this wheezy sounding Last guy to become righteously indignant.

17 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Cornette's co-hosts have gotten progressively worse, which is quite a task considering how dreadful Alice Radley was. This new guy has one of the most unpleasant speaking voices I've ever heard, and sounds like he's struggling to breathe, let alone speak. 

I'm pretty sure this is Corny's way of getting Alice back and having her return be cheered by the hundreds of people who listen to his podcast. If so, it's the second most brilliant plan in wrestling today

So apparently Woo Nation is on "hiatus". Conrad said on twitter that he and Ric decided to terminate their contracts with CBS and are trying to find a new home for the show. 

Last's problem with Storm stems from Last making a comment about how much he hated Jericho going over AJ at Mania. Storm went on Twitter to blast Last (which included some really childish name calling) and Last fired back.

I like Brian and the 6:05 Super Pod is a weekly listen for me. If Lance is going to go around bashing everybody about Jericho winning at Mania, he's going to be really busy because that is one of the dumbest booking decisions in recent memory. 

• Like 1

If you want sort of an insight into the madness of the 500 complication, listen to goodwill wrestling greatest wrestler ever show with Dean and Rippa and Schneider.  Part 3 on the pwo-ptbn network.

18 hours ago, lovchunky said:

Last's problem with Storm stems from Last making a comment about how much he hated Jericho going over AJ at Mania. Storm went on Twitter to blast Last (which included some really childish name calling) and Last fired back.

I like Brian and the 6:05 Super Pod is a weekly listen for me. If Lance is going to go around bashing everybody about Jericho winning at Mania, he's going to be really busy because that is one of the dumbest booking decisions in recent memory. 

Not a fan of him rehashing it again this week and patting himself on the back for his gross outdated 1990's insult being turned into a hashtag and parody twitter account. You see, someone took a photo of Lance Storm's face and put it in a photo of a vagina because that's awesome and funny and totally with the times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't listened to a Ross Report in a good, long while. I could look past the shortcomings in 2014 because he was just starting, so I assumed he'd improve. But then the ad reads got longer and longer, the rants repeated, the awful impersonations droned on, and he showed zero interest in guests. 

Well, after a yearlong layoff, I can confidently say it hasn't improved! Highlights: 

- Bringing up hypothetically angry Twitter users. Guy gets thousands of mentions and is hung-up on a handful of "keyboard warriors." JR ain't about this social media life. 

- Derailing an interview to talk about himself, territories or Bill Watts. In this case, discussing intro'ing the Bullet Club in WWE, he goes into a minutes-long monologue about calling NJPW matches. "Dave Meltzer wrote that NJPW matches are better with Josh Barnett and me on commentary." 

- Dude HATES intergender wrestling. 

- He constantly uses "female" as a noun. This is probably incredibly nitpicky on my part, but I hate female as a noun. The adjective "Sasha Banks is a great female wrestler" = Fine. The noun "Sasha Banks is a great female" = Sorta creeps me out. Am I alone on this one? 

I'll be sure to check in again a year from now! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I noticed that 'Who's Next with Goldberg' seems to have vanished from Podcastone. I never listened to it, I thought his choice of guests were pretty average, plus his whole demeanour seemed weirdly antagonistic towards wrestling, but was there a reason for it to be taken down? Low downloads/ratings?

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit holy shit the part where Batista has an idea to come back for Summerslam on the presumptive success of Guardians of the Galaxy and HHH tells him, "well, we're not sure if the movie will even be a hit."  Wow, what a dick.  Also, wrestling bubble. 

Aside from the sheer dickishness of telling a guy to his face that his movie might suck and might not be worth promoting, this just shows an astounding lack of judgment and foresight.  It's a Marvel movie coming out in the Summertime and buzz for it was huge.  It's not like Batista was starring in some risky period historical biopic or art house film.  Damn. 

I hope Batista is finished with WWE for good.  Big Dave is too good to ever go back to that clownshow.

• Like 1