DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

A bit over $100,000 actually. Dave Prazak was posting about that just yesterday. To anyone who listened to the show, does Katz have any real defense for "I funded an entire successful Kickstarter and then basically told all my donors to go fuck themselves"? I know he's offered some feeble excuses in the past about losing his money to crooked investments (why was he investing money which was earmarked for production?) and being depressed (which separates him from every other promoter in wrestling, how?), but none of that explains why he's had FOUR YEARS to edit his raw footage into a show and simply refuses to do so.

Regarding the MLW shows: is there still a way to download them from the site or is it now streaming-only?  I don't see any "right-click, save as" type links, just Libsyn players.

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/

I get the download links under the Libsyn player for the non-premium episodes

Unrelated, but noteworthy, Cheeseburger of ROH fame is going to be on Talk is Jericho Friday.

• Like 1

I kind of feel like if someone says, "Gimme some money so I can start a wrestling promotion," and you say, "okay," then you're at least partly to blame for losing your money if the whole thing turns out to be a scam.

Kickstarter's supposed to be different, though. Don't they have safeguards in place to prevent this kind of fraud?

Regarding the MLW shows: is there still a way to download them from the site or is it now streaming-only?  I don't see any "right-click, save as" type links, just Libsyn players.

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/

I get the download links under the Libsyn player for the non-premium episodes

Unrelated, but noteworthy, Cheeseburger of ROH fame is going to be on Talk is Jericho Friday.

Awesome, man.  Thanks!

A bit over $100,000 actually. Dave Prazak was posting about that just yesterday. To anyone who listened to the show, does Katz have any real defense for "I funded an entire successful Kickstarter and then basically told all my donors to go fuck themselves"? I know he's offered some feeble excuses in the past about losing his money to crooked investments (why was he investing money which was earmarked for production?) and being depressed (which separates him from every other promoter in wrestling, how?), but none of that explains why he's had FOUR YEARS to edit his raw footage into a show and simply refuses to do so.

Despite the fact the filmed it with entirely the wrong type of cameras (long story short, film cameras aren't good for live action), and I offered to edit the entire thing for FREE and they were like "nah it's cool",  I'm still really mad about it personally.

I don't think bix has plugged it here but the last two Episodes of the 605 podcast have had stories involving incidents with Mario galento and Jack donovan and Jerry Jarrett/Tojo/Fargo that have been fascinating. This week also has Beau James talking a bit about East Tennessee.

What a moral condundrum:  Austin announced on his podcast today that he was coming to my city next month for the Great American Outdoor Show.  I would really like to get a pic with him, but I'm opposed to the GAOS because it's been sponsored by the NRA.  There's some real peckerwoods in this part of the state(We're not known as Pennsyltucky for nothing), and I'm trying to rationalize in my head hanging out at that place, standing around a bunch of gun-toting yahoos. Yechhhh.........