DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Is the Demolition interview good, or is it more of JR's tired old "Heels don't act like heels anymore" shtick?

It was all right.  A bit more stilted and less chummy than a lot of other wrestler podcast interviews.  (I don't think JR and Eadie or Darsow's paths have crossed all that often).

Has anyone been following this MLW drama?  I know MSL reads the boards so I won't speak for him but I'm totally on his side in his beef with Konnan that resulted in MSL voluntarily leaving the podcast.  He was an interesting presence that will be missed and if Alice Radley (ugh) starts appearing more often, well this makes it easier to trim down my podcast listening....

MSL was kicked off all MLW shows. He's claiming that Konnan's a bully and hypocritical over the whole deal, but Konnan's take on this week's MLW says it all. Konnan admits that he might be overreacting and that shit with him blows over eventually with his bi-polar condition, but he was flat out sick of MSL. He was tired of MLW being a weirdo, how he avoids taking about his real life, how he even avoided something as simple as giving out his real name to Konnan.

The straw that broke the camel's back was some photos from a Brian Cage custom apartment wrestling session, where MSL replied in the group email "niggas gotta eat."

Konnan didn't care too much for MSL saying that, called him out on it, MSL apologized and replied back on how Jews are the real minorities over Hispanics (joking, probably) and it was went straight to hell. Court said that this has been brewing between them for a while though.

I haven't listened since the end of last year, but does this mean Kevin Sullivan's done with them as well? He seemed very tight with MSL. I was kind of on the fence about subscribing and just powering through all of the Helluva Deals I've missed. Would suck if we don't get to hear more Sullivan wisdom.

MSL was kicked off all MLW shows. He's claiming that Konnan's a bully and hypocritical over the whole deal, but Konnan's take on this week's MLW says it all. Konnan admits that he might be overreacting and that shit with him blows over eventually with his bi-polar condition, but he was flat out sick of MSL. He was tired of MLW being a weirdo, how he avoids taking about his real life, how he even avoided something as simple as giving out his real name to Konnan.

The straw that broke the camel's back was some photos from a Brian Cage custom apartment wrestling session, where MSL replied in the group email "niggas gotta eat."

Konnan didn't care too much for MSL saying that, called him out on it, MSL apologized and replied back on how Jews are the real minorities over Hispanics (joking, probably) and it was went straight to hell. Court said that this has been brewing between them for a while though.

Thanks for summarizing.  Which episode had the blowup?  I must've missed that one.

I like MSL enough but his gimmick of being odd just to be odd and never giving a straight answer for anything is really tiresome.

Also, where the hell is this show and why does the website update free shows like a week late, if ever?

Oh man, if less MSL means more Alice, no fucking thanks.  She is creepy and sounds like Underdog Lady.

• Like 1

I like MSL enough but his gimmick of being odd just to be odd and never giving a straight answer for anything is really tiresome.

Also, where the hell is this show and why does the website update free shows like a week late, if ever?

Oh man, if less MSL means more Alice, no fucking thanks.  She is creepy and sounds like Underdog Lady.

She is Underdog! By saying 'Underdog Lady' shows you are no worse than Stern himself!

• Like 2

MVP is now with MLW doing a VIP Lounge show (way too many abbreviations in that sentence)  So far it's good, but I have to power through Alice being on there.  I pretty much block out whatever she says anymore.  MVP defended her last night unaware of people not liking her.  But she just seems pretty damn clueless.  Hoping things pick up in time, maybe a discussion she knows a lot more about would help matters.

And the idea of a Talkn Shop drinking game horrifies me.  Sounds fun, but if you actually followed it you'd be dead from alcohol poisoning.

I remember seeing MSL in FIP recently and he has a stable.  One look at him and I immediately thought "That's EXACTLY what I figured MSL would be like"  I don't hate the guy and really didn't listen to that much MLW radio.  But the times I did he sounded pretty damn annoying.  Always liked Konnan and Court was/is fine.  But from what I've read it's hard to side with anybody on this.  It did sound like this would happen, was just a matter of time.

Bischoff went strong on Luger on the Flair podcast. I haven't really heard anyone that high profile speak on the Liz situation in quite some time. Eric has said he's finally moved on but you can tell he's still troubled by it. Flair's so funny whenever he talks about Lex. He was one of the few Lex treated well because he was making him look good but that in turn got Ric a bunch of heat from everyone else.

I thought it was also interesting hearing him talk about Sting at Starrcade against Hogan. Bischoff had the exact same thought as many of us did at the time when he saw Sting in his gear. What has this guy been doing for the last year? Why is he not in shape for the biggest match of his career? He took ownership over changing the finish to a screwy finish and feels it was botched because it was a last minute change instead of Hogan paying off Nick Patrick.

• Like 1