DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

I just started listening regularly to podcast recently.

The only real wrestling podcast I've been listening to is the Ross Report. I could do without the first half of the show since it's just him rambling most of the time of how he'd tweek John Cena, how TNA should focus more on in ring action and start the show on a match instead if a promo to differentiate it's self from WWE and ROH's horrible lighting.

His interviews are usually interesting.

X-Pac is by far my favorite guy to hear being interviewed in different podcasts. I've listened to him on a couple of podcasts and he always brings the cool stories.

I listened to some episodes of the Austin podcast, but I unsubscribed because he rambled about other topics that weren't of my interest.

Not exactly a wrestling podcast, but somewhat of it is Chael Sonnen's You're Welcome podcast. He interviewed Phil Baroni on the latest episode and asked him about him jumping the guardrail at a GFW event recently during a Chael promo and if it was a work or a shoot and what was the reason behind it. IIRC Baroni said there was no reason behind it and that he just got caught in the moment because the fans were chanting his name.

if nothing else, tonight we learned on twitter that Conrad is a fan of the monthly photo threads.

Conrad from WOOOO Nation.  I know he is a necessary evil to keep Flair on track but sometimes he takes away from the experiene.

X-Pac is by far my favorite guy to hear being interviewed in different podcasts. I've listened to him on a couple of podcasts and he always brings the cool stories.

Agree 100%, always mixes up different stories too, and really insightful about the current landscape. Kinda guy I wouldn't actually mind having his own podcast.

The flair / austin is great for old school hoss stories including people like Mulligan, Slater and Murdoch.

That story about Bob Roop trying to stretch Slater and being left in a puddle of blood was great. Then they followed it up with the story of the Japanese tag against Brody and Hansen with no one selling for 30 mins. Sounds like no one fucked with Dick Slater

• 2 weeks later...

It was a good listen, but made me think: if they replaced Randy Colley because everyone knew who he was, why replace him with Darsow, who's tattoo on his arm was a dead giveaway that he was Krusher Kruschev? I mean, even in one of the Apter mags, they pointed it out too. Was there more to this story?