DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Mind you, Madden starts all this off with how DDP got him fired... takes a second, and then says that maybe DDP didn't actually get him fired but that's what he's thought for years.

Weird thing to say right before launching into trashing him and dismissing even the things he's done with Hall and Roberts.

Weird thing to say right before launching into trashing him and dismissing even the things he's done with Hall and Roberts.

If he insisted on going after them he could have brought up how the people that contributed to the kickstarter for their surgeries got shafted on the perks. I'm sure there are people that agree with him. Based on the reaction a few people had to Cena pointing out a kid with cancer in a promo. Just an odd fight to take on with little to nothing to gain IMO.

Going through all of them the past couple weeks, Flair's podcast is absolute GOLD.  I think its the quintessential documentation of the 80's and early 90's scene in NWA/WCW.   As an added bonus, if I am ever in any former NWA cities, there seems like some great restaurant and bar recommendations where the wrestlers used to chow down and get drunk.  Sabatino's in Baltimore looks to still be in business.

• Like 1

Going through all of them the past couple weeks, Flair's podcast is absolute GOLD.  I think its the quintessential documentation of the 80's and early 90's scene in NWA/WCW.   As an added bonus, if I am ever in any former NWA cities, there seems like some great restaurant and bar recommendations where the wrestlers used to chow down and get drunk.  Sabatino's in Baltimore looks to still be in business.

Jim Ross did a show in Baltimore and he talked in length about Sabatino's.  He went there while in town (along with Jimmy's Seafood, Chaps Pit Beef and Phillips.  Lucky bastard)  He was telling stories about him and Flair going to the second level in the 80s.  Flair would do the robe with nothing underneath trick.  Half the time it worked, other half ladies were repulsed.

That place is right near me and I've been thinking to go.  Pretty sure it's damn expensive though, but worth a one time trip.

If he ever takes calls on his show I'm going to be sure to ask him about that place.

Word. God, imagine working the territories back then. You'd either go crazy or ride the party out. I'd have been in my element

Jim Ross did a show in Baltimore and he talked in length about Sabatino's.  He went there while in town (along with Jimmy's Seafood, Chaps Pit Beef and Phillips.  Lucky bastard)  He was telling stories about him and Flair going to the second level in the 80s.  Flair would do the robe with nothing underneath trick.  Half the time it worked, other half ladies were repulsed.

That place is right near me and I've been thinking to go.  Pretty sure it's damn expensive though, but worth a one time trip.

If he ever takes calls on his show I'm going to be sure to ask him about that place.

I went to Sabatino's before whichever KotR PPV was in Baltimore (94 or 95),  The food was decent from what I can remember.  The place felt  really old and dingy then, so I can't even imagine what it looks like now.  I had no idea they were still around but it makes sense, as Baltimore has always been stuck in the 80s.  Nick, put on some 98 Rock and drive down to lit'l It'ly, hon.

• Like 1

That part of Baltimore is definitely stuck in the 80s.  And 98 Rock surely is as well.  I stopped listening to it years ago, but a friend told me it stays plays old stuff half the time.  Thank goodness for podcasts.

The Piper tribute was awesome.  Knobbs and Brisco were great, and damn if I don't love road stories.  If that's what they can say on air imagine what they can't say.  Really fun listen.  And for Ric's reputation of crying a lot he was fine as can be.  Need to hear the Dusty one to see if that's the case also.  But he has a damn fine podcast worth listening to.

Flair's podcast is ridiculously enjoyable considering it's 1) Ric Flair doing a podcast and 2) He seems to be hard of hearing.

Piper funeral episode with the Meng story in Japan.  Always thought it was the third floor instead of the second.  A little disappointed now.

"Did he live!?!"

"Yeah, they both lived."  Stated casually.

Was referring to the sex expert guest, figured it went without saying.

I'm kind of torn on the Schiavone episode.  He was on before and was fine enough but wasn't too interested in what he was saying.  Might give it a try if I absolutely have nothing to listen to, but there's a good amount to check out.

Shit, I remember I used to hear this thing called the radio.  Then it went to CDs and Ipod, then streaming music.  Now all I hear are podcasts.  Would like to listen to less of these and make time for music but there's just too damn much.

I'm kind of torn on the Schiavone episode.  He was on before and was fine enough but wasn't too interested in what he was saying.  Might give it a try if I absolutely have nothing to listen to, but there's a good amount to check out.

Not even gonna bother. Until JR gets off his whole schtick of "Heels don't act like heels anymore blahblahblahblahblah" I've stopped downloading his show.