DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

What's the story with this Conrad guy who co-hosts Ric Flair's podcast? Love the job he does but I'm just curious if anyone knows his background. I was listening to the JJ Dillon episode and Flair went on a rant about how Conrad should never get married, and he made it sound like the guy is some multi-millionaire. 

Frankly, Conrad, more than any other sort of co-host I've heard, comes off as someone who would post around here.

What's the story with this Conrad guy who co-hosts Ric Flair's podcast? Love the job he does but I'm just curious if anyone knows his background. I was listening to the JJ Dillon episode and Flair went on a rant about how Conrad should never get married, and he made it sound like the guy is some multi-millionaire.

Frankly, Conrad, more than any other sort of co-host I've heard, comes off as someone who would post around here.

Don't let Ash the Fish Expert know about the board.

• Like 1

I assume that he's one of Flair's creditors and that in lieu of asking Flair for money, he gets to co-host Flair's podcast.

Probably. Sounds like they are pretty good friends though. They seem to know each other's families and whatnot. And Conrad mentioned something about a story Flair told him while they were watching a football game together last year.

i checked out the Flair podcast a week ago since the reviews were so good. Listened to the Lex Luger one and it was outstanding. I was done with podcasts after listening to the Jim Ross show with Sting as the guest. Turned out the Flair show is exactly what Jim Ross was trying to accomplish with his show. Coming off as a conversation rather than an interview. Ross failed since his idea of a conversation was humorless complaining. Without letting the other person speak. The Flair shows I've listened to were so good that I even voluntarily listened to a show this week with Cornette as the guest. Even that wasn't the same old same old. I did skip the one with JJ Dillon after reading that Flair did that show while eating. So you can hear chewing the entire show.

So it sounds like i made the right decision not to download the latest ep.  I did like that on the Cornette episode it seemed like it wasn't a case of old guy saying "Man, these kids don't know how to have fun", they at least acknowledged that "In the age of cellphones, there's no way we could have done half the shit we used to do without getting divorced immediately or arrested.".  Favorite ep is still the Funk episode, but I have really like the episodes as a whole.  The show has the feel of getting to listen in as two old friends reminisce in a bar.  Given the occasional "We can take it out if you don't want to talk about it." it seems like Jericho's Flair is more out to have an entertaining show rather than scandalous or groundbreaking, but at the same time, still a ton of fun.

I'm a couple weeks behind on Woo Nation but having Madden on a skippable episode means I can catch up. Still got to listen to the Cornette episode. I tried to listen to the JJ Dillon one, but couldn't stand the sound of Flair  chomping on what I assume what must have been a golf ball sized wad of chew.

Yeah Madden told a story about how Vince and Hunter brought him into an office and basically told him that Greenberg's version of the book sucked and Mark needed to make it good.

I imagine that's where a lot of the controversial stuff that got Flair in trouble with so many people and sounded like HHH and Vince's ideas came from. The Foley and Bret stuff especially.

"Speaking generally -- I tend to trust acts of charity more when somebody doesn't call in a camera crew... And D-D-Me, every time he did something nice for somebody, always called in a camera crew."

-Mark Madden on Roberts/Hall getting DDP's help [Wooooo! Nation, 7/28]

Yeah... Fuck Mark Madden.

What's his beef with DDP? Was he jealous that Kim never gave him the time of day or something

He basically said that DDP was a no talent egomaniac, who only got his spot because he had friends in the right places. Says that everything he does, up to and including helping Jake and Hall get sober, is motivated by selfish reasons. It's pretty ridiculous.

What's his beef with DDP? Was he jealous that Kim never gave him the time of day or something

DDP got him fired from WCW. They talked about it on the the Flair podcast. DDP tried to get on Madden's show to promote DDP Yoga. Madden wouldn't have him on. DDP complained to Nash about it since Madden and Nash are friendly. "I tried to get on his show and he wouldn't have me on." "Uh yeah Diamond you got him fired from WCW." "You think he's still made about that?"

• Like 1