DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Is it okay to promote one's own podcast on here? Myself and three of my friends have recently started a podcast called the Figure Fourcast. Some of our shows work as a MST3K or Riff Trax concept because we watch a show on the WWE Network and discuss/commentate it. Our first episode (Episode Zero) covered WCW Clash of the Champions X. The other style we do is take a wrestling topic and discuss it. Episode 1, which will be available this Saturday at 6:05 EST is entitled "Why DId WCW Win The Ratings War For So Long?"

If it is alright to self-promote with links and such, I will do so, but I didn't want to step on any forum rules.

Thanks

Magnum T.A. on the Ross Report is really good. Seems like a really smart dude. Did enjoy Ross saying at the opening that the WWE needs to decide whether or not they should be a heel company or a babyface company. I mean, he acknowledged that they've always been babyface but I doubt that formula is ever changing.  

I'd like to second the love for Magnum on JR's podcast.  It was fun listen, crazy to learn he only had a 6 year run...

- The fact that he's married to Tully's ex-wife and was raising his kids was fucking weird

- Jimmy Garvin telling him to go confront Buzz Sawyer of all people... I not sure how good of an idea that is.

7qzi7XSe.jpeg

Episode Zero: We watch WCW's Clash of the Champions X and "discuss it like adults". -- http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/3083439

You can follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/FigureFourcast
Our Instagram SN is FigureFourCast

If you use Stitcher Radio to listen to podcasts like I do, we're on there, too! - http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/figurefourcast/figure-fourcast?refid=stpr

Oh, and we're on iTunes.

Enjoy (hopefully)!

Has JR lightened up on the whole "heels should be heels" thing, or does he still talk about the same shit with every guest he has? I'm curious about the Hansen interview but I don't wanna listen if it's gonna have stuff like JR asking a 3 minute question about closed fists.

MSL, next time you have Disco on, I would love for him to present some of these findings.

My booking philosophies are very very different from Disco's, but I do agree with him that typically, long matches are bad for ratings. There is plenty I don't agree with, which is why it's fun for me to chat with him. He comes from the Vince Russo school of booking. I come from the Pat Patterson school of booking. Since I bite my tongue a lot of the time, Disco may have no idea just how different my views are.

A local promotion just hired me to start booking their shows and Ed is going to come to the show with me this weekend. I'm going to pick Ed's brain and see where our thoughts differ.

Happy to see that there are several people on DVDVR that listen to the podcasts. I've stated it before on the show, but I'll say it again. My youth was consumed by RSPW and DVDVR and I try to proudly represent the wrestling trolls of the world. I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I never stopped reading and I love all of you guys.

Speaking of RSPW,whatever happened to Mike Sorrow?

He went to film school in Miami and then moved to LA to work in the film industry. I only talk to him maybe once every two or three years. I always got a kick out of people on RSPW thinking Mike and I were the same person.

I just listened to both the Ferrera and Russo episodes yesterday, because I'm a fucking masochist I guess. The Russo thing where he said internet fans only hate him because of his character he protrayed on WCW was teeth-gnashingly bad.

Is it okay to promote one's own podcast on here? Myself and three of my friends have recently started a podcast called the Figure Fourcast. Some of our shows work as a MST3K or Riff Trax concept because we watch a show on the WWE Network and discuss/commentate it. Our first episode (Episode Zero) covered WCW Clash of the Champions X. The other style we do is take a wrestling topic and discuss it. Episode 1, which will be available this Saturday at 6:05 EST is entitled "Why DId WCW Win The Ratings War For So Long?"

If it is alright to self-promote with links and such, I will do so, but I didn't want to step on any forum rules.

Thanks

BFG 14 was an okay show thus far- but now the Velvet match is up next and I have zero interest in that and the main event, I'll give your show a listen as I've been a long supporter of the riff trax/wrestling connection. If/When TNA goes belly-up and WWE decides to purchase its library- the only accurate way to show TNA to future fans is through riff trax. Nothing else will do.

Edit: website looks slick.

Thanks

BFG 14 was an okay show thus far- but now the Velvet match is up next and I have zero interest in that and the main event, I'll give your show a listen as I've been a long supporter of the riff trax/wrestling connection. If/When TNA goes belly-up and WWE decides to purchase its library- the only accurate way to show TNA to future fans is through riff trax. Nothing else will do.

Edit: website looks slick.

I've been saying that I hope Vince buys TNA sooner rather than later, so we have a ton of new material to choose from.

Thanks for giving us a listen.

Going back to the Kevin Sullivan episode on the MLW podcast, was the unnamed character Sullivan talked about, the one who bailed on a huge opportunity due to having his driveway blacktop redone, Scott Norton? A big, limited guy making money in Japan - sounds like Flash. If so, man, whut da hale was he thinking?

I'll bite; what was the opportunity? WCW deal?

As Johnny said, he was a guy working for both New Japan and WCW. Sullivan had written a bunch of tapings to put him over a number of guys, including taking out a handful of dudes in one match before getting to name opponents on Nitro. I always wondered why Scott Norton didn't get more over as a US Title level kind of guy in WCW but I can see why now if that story is true.

It is Norton.  Pretty sure I've heard Sullivan tell this story before so I don't know why he's protecting him now.  Think the plan was to build Norton up for a program with Savage for the World Title.

BzIq8EmCMAAFj7z.jpg

You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram - @FigureFourcast

Or check out our brand new (and still in its very early stages) website: http://www.figurefourcast.com/

Great show, Please do more topics like this.

Thanks! We are going to go back-and-forth between commentary episodes (where we watch a show on the Network and discuss it as it happens), and episodes like this one where we're just talking about a random topic. This Saturday we'll be posting an episode where we come up with a list of the top 4 most underrated wrestlers. It was pretty fun to record and our top 4 will unlikely be what anyone will agree with or expect.

Glad you enjoyed! Hope you'll stick around and keep listening.

• Like 1

B0OxJ1kIAAAt99g.jpg

On our newest episode, we decided the 100% Official, Non-Negotiable, Master and Ruler of the Universe-esque list of the Top 4 Most Underrated Wrestlers of All Time. You won't agree with us. Hell, I don't agree with us! It was an interesting and fun conversation to have, and a good way to kill some time. Check it out on our new and improved website: http://www.figurefourcast.com/

We're also on iTunes and Stitcher radio.

For you Husker Du fans - Was listening today to a Bob Mould interview on Marc Maron from the week Robin Williams died, and at about an hour in he talks for around ten minutes about wrestling, including technical details about working gorilla in WCW, meeting Hogan and hanging out with Nash. Whole interview is great, if that's your scene.

Any good pure wrestling podcasts with Mould?

• Like 2