DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

I'm watching the first Survivor Series, and they're showing DiBiase talking about Thanksgiving in a video package. DiBiase kicking that basketball away from the kid right before he gets his fifteenth dribble still infuriates me. Fuckin' DiBiase. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the first Survivor Series, and they're showing DiBiase talking about Thanksgiving in a video package. DiBiase kicking that basketball away from the kid right before he gets his fifteenth dribble still infuriates me. Fuckin' DiBiase.

Isn't that kid Rob Van Dam?

November 2 Remember 97 is awful. And missing the tag title match. Sabu vs Sandman may be one of the worst matches I've ever seen,

That's a shame -- I was at N2R 97 and the tag title match was the best on the show.

Agreed about Sabu vs. Sandman - I kept thinking, "shouldn't this match be a lot better?"

I'm watching 12/21/93 (I think that's the day) episode of ECW TV and it got me wondering, just how long does Jay Sulli exist? Was he a holdover from the Eddie Gilbert reign? He seems so out of place.

• Like 1

No. IIRC, the dribbling kid from the basketball skit was African-American.

RVD did do a skit with DiBiase but it was at a house show. Evidently he recreated the challenges at house shows.

Paul Heyman on the 12/23/93 ECW TV is just amazing in his insults of Terry Funk:

"Did you ever notice how your two daughters look like Dick Murdoch"  :lol:

Also watched an old ECW that featured the legendary Willie "Scoop" Watts.  Yeah he was just as awful as people say he was.  I assume that was Heyman's racial joke toward Bill Watts who was probably fired at the time for his comments on Hank Aaron.

No. RVD kissed his foot. It's actually part of the video vault now.

No. RVD kissed his foot. It's actually part of the video vault now.

http://youtu.be/EXCy4NyadQ8

Watching Cornette's RAW invasion right now. It's brilliant having Heenan run into the ring and gush over him. It immediately puts Cornette over as a guy to be hated. (and he gets to talk up SMDub a little bit)

So great seeing two bad guys so happy to see each other

On this currently-streaming episode of World Class, Iceman King Parsons pins Buddy Roberts in thirty seconds and escapes through the crowd, where the camera catches a joyous black woman cheering and patting him on the back before turning to the ring and flicking off the Freebirds in full view of the camera.

After that, the crowd deliriously chants GO HOME FREEBIRDS.

This was basically awesome as fuck and I'm a better person for having seen it. 

• Like 3

And Kevin Green is knocking on the door. He was pretty awesome too. Reggie White, well...

I know Greene is a position coach in the NFL, but I'm surprised he never tried to be a pro wrestler after retiring from football. He seemed like a guy who legitimately loved the professional wrestling and was one of the most competent 'celebrity' wrestlers ever. Maybe he just felt that late 30's was too old to really get started.

Same here. He seemed like he legit loved being in the ring and took it pretty seriously.

Maybe he just wanted to try it out, did so, realized the sacrifices it would take, and figured it was best to not try it full-time and just enjoy being someone who gave it a shot and was damn good too. He had a ton of physical charisma, was intense, and did a lot for a guy who was still active in football at the time. It's amazing that even in '98, the NFL let him wrestle.

November 2 Remember 97 is awful. And missing the tag title match. Sabu vs Sandman may be one of the worst matches I've ever seen,

That's a shame -- I was at N2R 97 and the tag title match was the best on the show.

Agreed about Sabu vs. Sandman - I kept thinking, "shouldn't this match be a lot better?"

Sabu/Sandman from Novermber 2 Remember 1997 is terrible. Didn't the crowd start chanting "Go home"?

Since the Chamber went up today, I watched Wyatts vs. Shield again, then rewatched Wyatt vs. Bryan from the Rumble. Both matches are still amazing, and Wyatt is two for two on having PPV match of the night this year.

Two best matches this year with the Wyatts vs. Shield rematch on RAW.

I'm watching WCW Greed right now. Had never seen that one. Quite a decent ppv and could've been a springboard for a "new" WCW.

WCW had a surprising uptick in their last couple ppvs before death.

What have you seen from Sabu and Sandman would make you think they should have a good match with each other?

Hey now, early-mid 90's Sabu was a whole lotta fun.

EDIT:

In case anyone was curious, they've updated Heatwave 99 and Buh Buh Dudley's promo is now uncensored. I haven't checked it out yet, but that's what someone on the WWE Network reddit said.

What have you seen from Sabu and Sandman would make you think they should have a good match with each other?

Hey now, early-mid 90's Sabu was a whole lotta fun.

EDIT:

In case anyone was curious, they've updated Heatwave 99 and Buh Buh Dudley's promo is now uncensored. I haven't checked it out yet, but that's what someone on the WWE Network reddit said.

I don't hate either guy but from what I've seen out of them, there's nothing that would lead me to believe they'd mesh well. Sandman kinda needs someone to reign him in and Sabu ain't that guy.