DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

I can't believe they edited out the Missy Hyatt/Madusa bikini contest from Beach Blast 92.

They didn't. At least, it's still there on my PS3 stream. It's just not indexed with a Dot of Doom.

There was some serious fucking around when they decided that they wanted to name a RAW jobber in 1993  BOBBY WHO (actually last name spelling on show).

My favorite jobber name is LA Gore. For some reason, that sounds like the most awesome indy-rific wrestler name ever.

Actually, I'm endlessly fascinated by the jobber crew from those early Raws. I've seen Justin Credible twice, Scotty 2 Hotty twice, Big Vito once and Dwayne Gill a bunch of times. Iron Mike Sharpe has also popped up a couple times.

Speaking of Iron Mike, if anybody wants to watch the Greatest Squash Ever! I suggest you check out Raw episode 16. I have no idea if Mike had heat with Curt Hennig or if somebody botched a move or what happened in that match but it starts off as your standard 1993 Raw squash and then Iron Mike throws a chop and then Perfect throws a chop and they just start smacking the shit out of each other. It's bizarre but awesome.

If I was to watch one Sting vs. Muta match today, which would you suggest?

I think you are only limited to GAB 89 and Starrcade 89, of which the Bash is the better match.

And while not a singles match, the Halloween Havoc '89 cage match is pretty awesome, too.

I just watched that one a little while ago.  Muta using his mist to help put out the fire was so cool.

Man no idea who came up with this countdown on famous backstabs but this list is a mess.   You have Andre turning on Hogan at 9 and Hogan joining the NWO & Montreal Screw job below the Rockers breakup?   and Matt Hardy turning on Jeff really didn't amount to much because how much of mess Matt was.   Pretty safe to say the fans aren't involved in this one.

I loved the line from PS Hayes when he talked about Triple H and Evolution. "Triple H was thinking about the future of the business.  His future" 

If anyone cares, I read they restored profanity on some of the ECW PPVs. I'm guessing these were aired on WWE 24/7 and that's why they were edited.

I don't care about the swearing but it is interesting that they bothered to do it. It sounds like they are listening to minor complaints and doing everything they can to make customers happy.

• Like 1

From WWE Old School - Toronto 11/10/85:

You know what's PRO WRESTLING, MOTHERFUCKERS? A dude in a wheelchair wheeling himself up to the front row to yell at the ref to let him know that Nikolai Volkoff pulled Dino Bravo's hair to take him down in the headlock.

Second favorite crowd reaction from the old days I've seen so far on WWE Old School, next to this:

Superstar Billy Graham vs Bruno Sammartino's Hairpiece: yeah, this match was SLIGHTLY over. This was back when they used cops for ring security and you could see them say "screw the crowd, I'm watching the match." Finish is a double DQ, which leads to one fan in the front row absolutely losing his mind over it, jumping around yelling "BULLSHIT!" I want all of my wrestling like this.

I can't believe they edited out the Missy Hyatt/Madusa bikini contest from Beach Blast 92.

They didn't. At least, it's still there on my PS3 stream. It's just not indexed with a Dot of Doom.

UGH! Stupid iPad scrubber, skipping it.  OnDemand stuff wasn't working for me yesterday on the PS3.  Thanks for checking this out, Pip

Just caught Vince Russo commenting on the network about the Bret-Owen feud. I threw up in my mouth a bit and im pretty sure one of my balls got sucked up into my torso.

This was such a "Whoa whoa wtf is happening" moment.

I lost my shit even more when Justin Credible started showing up on these. Such a random guy to pick.

Watched the Patriots ep of Legends. It was mostly a Sgt Slaughter episode, which I was okay with. Great stuff about his experience as the Iraq heel, especially the death threats.

Interesting how easy it was to turn him face with just one promo against Shiek, which they showed. The crowd was obviously very ready to cheer for him.

I think this is another sign of the divide between the olds and the whippersnappers: people watching this stuff for the first time and seeing guys like Credible show up as jobbers. I wonder if they know about Aldo Montoya yet. I can't wait for them to see the scrawny ass Hardys as jobbers.

Allegedly, it's all fan vote

They list the 10 they want to feature in a poll on WWE.com and the fans' vote determines the order.

The last ones I saw up were for Thunderous Returns and Best Tag Team.

If anyone cares, I read they restored profanity on some of the ECW PPVs. I'm guessing these were aired on WWE 24/7 and that's why they were edited.

I don't care about the swearing but it is interesting that they bothered to do it. It sounds like they are listening to minor complaints and doing everything they can to make customers happy.

Awesome! I think I've read somewhere else that some of the events they took down and eventually put back up also had stuff restored. That's great if they are legitimately listening to fan complaints, or just put up a bunch of stuff in the beginning to have it up there with the intention on going ahead and restoring them.

Awesome! I think I've read somewhere else that some of the events they took down and eventually put back up also had stuff restored. That's great if they are legitimately listening to fan complaints, or just put up a bunch of stuff in the beginning to have it up there with the intention on going ahead and restoring them.

They were really just afraid of Hollywood Cibernetico here organizing a CLASS ACTION SUIT! because he was promised unedited footage.

• Like 1

They were really just afraid of Hollywood Cibernetico here organizing a CLASS ACTION SUIT! because he was promised unedited footage.

I chuckled.

Next person to criticize Sid as a wrestler is taking a fist bump in the dick.

Legit question: Suggest me a PPV or two to watch for his good work.

Survivor Series 1996 vs. Shawn Michaels.