DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

I watched Wrestle War 89 as the first ppv since i got the network working on My PS3. It played great with no buffering at all. The show was good with Flair/Steamboat of course being the best match. I thought I had seen all the Flair/Steamboat matches but I guess not. The chops were just brutal and I liked the judges angle. Also the thud when Terry Funk piledrives Flair on the table is sickening. I also liked the SST/Dynamic Dudes matches. The Bullrope match was disappointing but had a good finish. Why wasn't Flair/Steamboat the main event? Seemed like most of the crowd left after that match and didn't stick around for the Oak Ridge Boys. Good ppv overall.

Too bad Muta/JYD didn't happen.

Man, that Bret/Shawn documentary they have up is fucking incredible. It's funny how they talk about how they "worked themselves into a shoot", then a few minutes later after airing out more of the issues they had with each other they basically do it again when Bret takes a dig at Shawn doing a "striptease" with kids in the ring. As Tony Schiavone would say, you could have cut the tension with a knife right there.

Shawn is really interesting to watch in this one. Whenever they bring up losing his smile, forfeiting titles, backstage shit he said to Bret he basically goes full retard with the hemming and hawing. "AHH..UGH....AW...EGHHH...WELL, I MEAN..AGH..UGH...YA KNOW, EH, LOOK, I MEAN.. I CANT REMEMBER..YOU KNOW... HEY, IF HE SAID IT HAPPENED, IT HAPPENED, YA KNOW."

Shawn is really interesting to watch in this one. Whenever they bring up losing his smile, forfeiting titles, backstage shit he said to Bret he basically goes full retard with the hemming and hawing. "AHH..UGH....AW...EGHHH...WELL, I MEAN..AGH..UGH...YA KNOW, EH, LOOK, I MEAN.. I CANT REMEMBER..YOU KNOW... HEY, IF HE SAID IT HAPPENED, IT HAPPENED, YA KNOW."

No kidding. First time I watched it I remember posting on the old board something along the lines of, "watching the two of them, you'd think HBK was the one who suffered the stroke." Bret's recollection of details was amazing while Shawn seemed out of it - granted, in those days, more often than not he probably was.

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think The Z-Man is totally kickass.

After watching a bunch of early 90s WCW, I was gonna post something similar but didn't want risk saying something like that in public. The Zenk/Pillman tag team was REALLY good.

Then again, Pillman was just tremendous in everything he did. It's a shame about the drugs and the injuries because can you imagine the run he would've had in the Attitude era?

• Like 1

During the Flair/Fujinami match at Superbrawl 91, is that Austin in the front row on the hard camera side? He debuts soon after, so could be?

At the risk of a really unpopular opinion, I think the Wrestlewar 91 war games is very overrated. The Pillman aspects are pretty good and put him over huge, but the rest of it is nothing out of the ordinary. It'd be like saying the 94 Rumble was ***** due to the Diesel aspects of it.

No kidding. First time I watched it I remember posting on the old board something along the lines of, "watching the two of them, you'd think HBK was the one who suffered the stroke." Bret's recollection of details was amazing while Shawn seemed out of it - granted, in those days, more often than not he probably was.

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think The Z-Man is totally kickass.

After watching a bunch of early 90s WCW, I was gonna post something similar but didn't want risk saying something like that in public. The Zenk/Pillman tag team was REALLY good.

Then again, Pillman was just tremendous in everything he did. It's a shame about the drugs and the injuries because can you imagine the run he would've had in the Attitude era?

People are reevaluating Johnny B Badd elsewhere. Feel free to do the same with z-man. I mean i'm not going to, but you have at it.

People are reevaluating Johnny B Badd elsewhere.

That happened earlier in this thread.

There is no way Guido or Shane Douglas were as good as Lance Storm, Tajiri, or Jerry Lynn during their ECW runs. 

Jerry Lynn is so hilariously overrated.

Can you please elaborate? I think in ring wise he is definitely up there, I can see how one can argue that he is bland personality wise.

I think Jerry Lynn is like a poor man's Dean Malenko. More of a mat based wrestler who could fly and was a great base for more spotty workers. Both were lacking on the mic and in the personality department, although Dean was effective enough as the Ice Man. I like to think both guys have a lot of similarities, Dean's just better than Lynn at pretty much all of them.

One Night Stand 2005

Lance Storm v. Lionheart Chris Jericho open up and the crowd is already hot.  Dawn Marie is with Storm and looking like that hot chick you used to work with that wouldn't give you any.  Then you see her a few years down the road and she has a few kids, by a few fathers, and you feel lucky that you didn't go there.  She is in full hot chick at work mode here though.  Loud Chris Candido chant, and Jericho hits a Tiger Suplex.  These guys are putting on a pretty good technical wrestling match, and based on the participants what else would you expect.  Jericho gets the walls, and Dawn Marie distracts the ref so the Impact Players can run in and hit Jericho with a kendo stick Singapore cane.  I've always hated the Impact Players as a stable, disrupting this match doesn't help.  Seriously, I know they are trying to get everybody in, but did we really need to see Jason? 

ECW Remembers Rocco Rock, Terry Gordy, Mike Lockwood, The Original Sheik, Mike Lozansky, Pitbull Anthony Durante, Big Dick Dudley, and Chris Candido. 

Tajiri v. Super Crazy v. Little Guido in a three-way-dance.  Tajiri is out with Mickey Whipwreck and Sinister Minister.  FBI out with Little Guido includes Big Guido, Tracey Smothers, The Italian Stallion J.T. Smith, and Tony Mamaluke.  WWE is just giving money away.  Super Crazy is out by himself, and I don't think we are going to get that good of a match.  Super Crazy walks past a black woman, who I suppose is an usher, and she has a llok on her face that says, "where the fuck is he going?"  Moonsault off the balcony, and I wish they would cut back to her face to see what she thought about that.  The F.B.I. is interfering which leads to a Whippersnapper from the top rope, eliminating Guido.  This could have been a really good match, except we had to have a bunch of guys that no one gives a fuck about getting paid to drag it into mediocrity.  Super Crazy gets the win, and I have a feeling that this show is only on this list for nostalgia sake. 

Psicosis v. Rey Mysterio Jr. in an extreme lucha match.  Psicosis enters in a mask, but quickly takes it off.  WCW should be ashamed of the unmasking of the lucha guys.  There just was no need to unmask guys who weren't going to be any more or less over without the mask.  These guys are wrestling a mat based match, and the crowd is getting restless.  No one wants to see Psicosis and Rey if they aren't flying around.  Psicosis decides he is going to shut the crowd up the only way he knows how, by trying to kill himself and Rey.  Leg drop from the top to the back of Rey's head who is draped over the safety rail.  Psicosis hits the rail and goes over the safety rail landing face first in the lap of a woman who looks like Torrie Wilson with a drug habit.  Rey then hits a seated senton into the crowd.  The crowd is no longer booing.  Rey back in and we get a 619 followed by a springboard hurricurana.  This is supposedly the first time these guys have wrestled in 5 years and it shows.  These guys have put on probably 100 better matches. 

Smackdown guys come in and the crowd is not happy, and neither am I.  If you are going to have a show celebrating ECW, let it be that, adding an anti-ECW group kind of goes against the point.

Kurt Angle and JBL berate the crowd and it just seems unneccesary.  These people are here to see an ECW reunion, and their time is being wasted by people they didn't come to see.  RVD comes out and cuts the best promo of his career, all about how much he appreciated working for ECW.  Then Rhino spears him out of his knee brace…lihgts out…impromptu match.

Sabu v. Rhyno and Sabu's body is being held together by tape, but he still decides to do a triple jump plancha out of the ring.  Serious question, can Sabu still walk?  He seems like someone who would have huge problems moving around these days.  Rhino seems like he should have been around longer, he was a big guy who could work well with just about anyone.  Rhyno spears the ref, and RVD limps in to dropkick a steel chair into rhino's face.  They put Rhyno on a table and Sabu hits the Arabian Skull Crusher for the win.  Sabu had some really bad ass entrance music.  This was about as good as you could ask for from these two, not a technical classic, but a pretty good Sabu jump off of everything in an attempt to kill himself match. 

Now the Raw Anti-ECW group comes out and the crowd is ready to riot. 

Benoit v. Guerrero, and it is so fucking sad to see these guys at this point in their lives and careers.  These may legitimately be the two best wrestlers I've ever seen, and within two years of this match both would be dead.  This was OK, these guys were capable of so much more, but neither guy seemed all that into it. 

Now we get Eric Bischoff, who is basically the most anti-ECW person who has ever lived.  This is basically the worst thing they could do on a show like this.  This was supposed to be a onetime ECW reunion and it could have been something unique and special, but they had all the people who were on TV on the time shit all over it. 

Mike Awesome v. Masato Tanaka and this should be pretty good.  Mike Awesome being on a show celebrating ECW is problematic, which Joey Styles rightfully brings up.  Mike Awesome powerbombs Tanaka head first onto a table, because an Awesome/Tanaka match wouldn't be complete until one of them has a concussion.  After the powerbomb Awesome hits him with three nasty unprotected chairshots straight to the face, and if he didn't have a concussion before he has one now.  Tanaka covers Awesome's face with a chair and then hits that chair with another chair before dropping a chair assisted elbow from the top on to Awesome's chair covered face.  Awesome hits Tanaka with a top rope chair shot, once again unprotected, and Awesome goes out to get a table.  Tornado DDT through a table from Tanaka, and Awesome kicks out for 2.  Top rope Awesomebomb on a table with a jagged piece of metal sticking about three feet off the ground gets 2, and Tanaka could have died if that was about six inches to the left.  Awesomebomb from the outside in, followed by a plancha and Awesome pins him on the floor.  This was really entertaining, but at some point enough is enough, and this got to the point of being overkill.  It kind of makes everyone else on the card look like giant pussies because it took 275 powerbombs through tables, chairs, in the ring, outside of the ring, and off the top rope to finish Masato Tanaka.  Tajiri lost from a top rope moonsault.  Eddy Guerrero submitted to a crossface, Psicosis lost to a hurricurana, and it only took one shot with a Singapore cane to finish former undisputed champion Chris Jericho, Tanaka lost after almost dying 13 times. 

Paul E. is out and he has a microphone, and there is no way that this won't be great.  He quickly points out to Eric Bischoff that he isn't at a WCW PPV, but he is at an ECW PPV…BITCH.  He calls Edge out for fucking up Matt Hardy's happy home.  He tells JBL that the only reason he was champion for a year is because HHH didn't want to work on Tuesday.  Paul E. could have pulled down his pants and taken a shit in front of this crowd and they would have cheered it and complimented him on its smell. 

The Dudley Boyz v. Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman.  We got every member of the F.B.I. come out with Little Guido, but only D-Von and Bubba Ray are here to represent the Dudley Boyz.  Sandman without Enter Sandman is really pointless.  Seriously, what is the point of having Sandman without the only part of his act that people legitimately like?  He has poured more beer on fans than he has in his mouth.  He pours beer on the drug addled Torrie Wilson look-a-like and then on Electra who is in the front row, and the years have not been kind.  His entrance has taken at least five full minutes, and with this crappy replacement music, it is much less fun than it should be, and Sandman, who looks about 7 months pregnant, may be drunk.  The bWo is out and Meanie's belly button is pretty much the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.  Kid Kash runs in, followed by Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney, and CW Anderson has to be pissed he didn't receive a check for this.  Kid Kash just did a huge flipping senton half way down the aisle, and Tommy has a cheese grater.  Backdrop from Bubba and the cheese grater goes across Dreamer's forehead and Tommy has already lost about a pint of blood.  The Impact Players come in and Justin Credible hit's the That's incredible on a ball of barb wire.  Francine and Beulah McGillicutty out next and we get a CCCAAAAAATTTTTT FFFFFFIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTT.  Beulah has held up pretty well, being that the best shot of Francine we got was of her crotch I can't confirm what she really looks like.   The Dudleys powerbomb Sandman through a table and hit the 3D on Tommy.  Bubba gestures torwards the locker room and their little brother Spike comes out with his pockets full of lighter fluid.  Bubba and Spike soak a table with lighter fluid and light it on fire and powerbomb Tommy Dreamer through a table that has to break every fire code in New York City. 

Steve Austin is out wearing an XFL jersey that looks a little worse for wear.  Steve calls out the entire ECW locker room and apparently Johnny Swinger, Roadkill and Danny Doring got a paycheck for this too.  The Anti-ECW guys come down to the ring, and out comes Taz.  We have a donnybrook and Taz puts Angle in the Tazmission of the floor.  Bradshaw is covered in blood after taking liberties with Blue Meanie, which is probablythe most cowardly thing I can think of.  JBL didn't go after someone like Rhyno or Sandman, who is obviously drunk off his ass, but he picked the one guy who couldn't defend himself if he tried.  With that said, as soon as he gets a beer in his hand Meanie still seems super happy to be there. 

The best match on the show is Awesome v. Tanaka, but this was much more about celebrating a lost love than it was about finding a new one.  I was a pretty big ECW fan at one point, and this had the atmosphere of an ECW show, until the Anti-ECW Crusaders came out to shit on everyone's fun.  Every show on the countdown so far was technically better than this, but I see why they put it on the list.  It was basically a love letter from the ECW alumni to the ECW fans.  While it could have been better in the ring, it was something we never really get as fans.  For a wrestling show it was pretty average, but for fan service this was fucking awesome.

Top 5 matches so far…

1. Austin v. HHH
  2. Austin/Goldust/Shamrock/LOD v. The Hart Foundation
  3. Cena v. Lesnar
  4. Hart v. Diesel
  5. Mysterio v. Psycosis

Next up Summerslam 2013

Rumble '07

Color me surprised that Cena can wrestle. This is the first match of his I've seen post 2003-2004, and it's a pretty nifty brawl. He sells really well, and Umaga comes across as an absolute monster.

You are missing out. Cena became a top 5 worker in the company at one point.

Cena is probably the best main event worker they've had not named Steve Austin or Shawn Michaels.  He has put on great matches with a more varied group of guys than just about anyone I can think of, I can't think of a time where he didn't mesh well with whoever he was working with.  You can say what you want about him and his time at the top, but he is about as reliable as they come in the ring.

Watching Hardcore Heaven '97.

• It's always good to see Rick Rude!

• Candido/Taz was a nice match where after a bit of nice matwork, both guys just threw bombs, and in between those bombs, Candido was doing some awesome heeling. Love him cursing at the ref and the crowd before swinging around to try and rush Taz (which of course didn't work). I love Candido's cockiness causing him to turn his back on Taz and get beaten, too. Fun opener where they just rocked one another with suplexes, backdrops, and powerbombs. 

• RVD and Sabu beating up ICP is something that would only happen in the 1990s. I think this is one major reason why ECW is so enduring. I came of age in the 1990s, and watching this show takes me right back because this is the Nineties-ist promotion one could possibly create. 

• Bigelow/Spike Dudley was great because Bigelow had like NO regard for Spike's health. He just launched Spike right on his neck in an utterly nasty toss. Bigelow asking the crowd where they wanted him to throw him while the crowd chanted "OVER HERE" was pretty funny as well. Then came that much played launch of Spike into the first few rows of the crowd where Spike comes up bleeding like a motherfucker...holy shit. This match was just some of the nastiest shit I have seen in wrestling. BBB didn't even have mercy enough not to kill Spike on the Greetings from Asbury Park! I looked up Spike Dudley on Wikipedia after I saw this match and the dude is married with kids and working successfully as a financial planner. Knowing that, I can say that I TOTALLY enjoyed this ridiculous beatdown instead of being worried that he got a pill addiction and died in an alleyway due to injuries from this match. 

• Al Snow/RVD didn't do much for me. They did a bit of mat wrestling at the beginning, a bit of brawling, a bit of high-flying stuff, and none of it was that compelling to me. I did like Snow backing all the way up the ramp to get momentum for a ringside clothesline, but then he did it again a few minutes later and predictably missed, which annoyed me for some reason. Anyway, Snow kicks out of most of RVD's arsenal until a Van Daminator gets him. Eh, whatever. 

• The camera moving in and out on this Jerry Lawler promo is making me sick. Bret and Lawler making good for a minute to share a hatred of ECW and for Bret to suggest Lawler using the Sharpshooter to win made me laugh, though. Lawler is basically awesome. 

• It's Joel Gertner! Also Jenna Jameson. ICP, Jenna Jameson - yep, it's 1997. 

• Dudleys/PG-13 is next. PG-13 is one of those tag teams that I never think about or would even mention as a tag team I enjoy, but then I see them wrestle and I really enjoy them pretty much every time. "Mama Dudley must be a HO" followed by Bubba having to hold D-Von back was great..and then "You're so fat, if I told you to haul ass, you'd have to make two trips" followed by D-Von having to hold Bubba back genuinely made me laugh for a good while.

• PG-13 starts off hot. They are fun to watch when in control. They cut a nice pace with the Dudleys and have some nice double-team moves and such. The Dudleys in control work Ice's arm, drawing in Dundee to get the space to cheat while doing it...and then after a reversal, D-Von, who is nonchalantly not looking while he hits repeated arm breakers the first two times they do it to JC Ice, misses seeing that Ice reversed and does it to Bubba's arm. OK, D-Von slowly turning around as he realizes what he's doing and then Bubba angrily slapping him was fantastic. This match has some really funny comedy spots. Now Jenna Jameson, who Dundee slid out and kissed during a criss-cross (while D-Von had a great "Which way did he go look" on his face), tripped Dundee in delayed revenge. So, I really like this match a ton. There's good comedy, nice double-team moves, and spots lead logically to other spots. This is becoming a heck of a paragraph, so I'll have to cut it short, but the finishing run is really nice and I think this might be my favorite match of the show so far. 

• Jerry Lawler shows up in the ring, insults people, shills for IYH: Ground Zero (which I remember was a good PPV; I should watch that next). He recaps most of his promo from before and then tells Tommy Dreamer to come out and get his ass whipped. Basically, this was awesome.  

• I think Beulah McGillicuddy is tied for the best looking woman in wrestling ever with Kimberly and Woman, but this could be in part because those three ladies were around when I was becoming less of a boy and more of a man. However, I have seen all three ladies with fresh eyes while watching PPVs and ECW TV this past few weeks, and I hold to that opinion even today.

• Lawler and Dreamer have a nice brawl that gets wild early, Lawler starts bleeding early, it goes into the crowd, and basically it's pretty much awesome. This PPV has had so many different types of matches already with tons of different styles that have been worked well for the most part, which is the best way to get me to really like a show as I love variety in my wrestling shows. Lawler's "getting strangled while bleeding" face is fantastic. Also, Lawler is one of the best shit-talkers in the history of wrestling. Lawler's choking Tommy and mimicking a crowd member yelling COME ON TOMMY before bashing Dreamer into the guardrail.

• Lawler's interacting with the crowd is great and his heeling is awesome, even though the match slows way down during Lawler's control segment. Then, after Dreamer regains control, Rick Rude comes back after the lights go out and, just by his mere presence, livens things up again. Dreamer gets control after Rude wrecks him and then the lights go out again before fucking Jake the Snake shows up! and DDTs Dreamer before threatening Lawler, who he was feuding with in WWF at this time. This is fantastic! OK, so Dreamer kicks out of a DDT now and I'm excited to see who else is coming out here to ruin Dreamer's shit. YEAH IT'S SUNNY WITH A CAN OF HAIR SPRAY! NOW BEULAH JUMPS HER! This is great. Anyway, then Beulah junk taps Lawler, who gets DDTed for the loss. This was great. Honestly, I think they should have done like two more run-ins before the finish just because it was great seeing who would come out and help Lawler cheat. Now THAT is how you overbook an ending to a match. 

• The triple threat elimination match between Sabu, Funk, and Douglas starts off great because it lampshades the problem with triple threat matches - why wouldn't you just duck out and let two guys go at it while you chill and wait for your opportunity - and Funk gets punished for trying it when Douglas stops mid-fight with Sabu and points out that they should go beat the crap out of Funk for trying to avoid a fight. Also, since it's an elimination match, two guys can logically do double-team moves to the other guy without worrying about having to break up a pinfall. ECW knew how to do triple threats without that annoying "guy gets taken out, one-on-one match" formula that WWE uses. Anyway, lots of plundah gets involved and the match is super-good because I have probably been typing too long already. There are contrived, but awesome spots and Sabu dives onto people a few times and of course is awesome while doing so and Sandman finally shows up after jacking an ambulance and ruins Sabu's life, guaranteeing a new champion. You should watch this because it's very fun. 

So, I think I had seen bits and pieces of this show, but never the whole thing. It is a great PPV. The worst match is RVD/Snow, which never clicked for me but isn't actively bad. Everything else was fun, and with the variety of matches on this show, you will find something that you like. Great, great show. 

Mike Awesome v. Masato Tanaka and this should be pretty good.  Mike Awesome being on a show celebrating ECW is problematic, which Joey Styles rightfully brings up.  Mike Awesome powerbombs Tanaka head first onto a table, because an Awesome/Tanaka match wouldn't be complete until one of them has a concussion.  After the powerbomb Awesome hits him with three nasty unprotected chairshots straight to the face, and if he didn't have a concussion before he has one now.  Tanaka covers Awesome's face with a chair and then hits that chair with another chair before dropping a chair assisted elbow from the top on to Awesome's chair covered face.  Awesome hits Tanaka with a top rope chair shot, once again unprotected, and Awesome goes out to get a table.  Tornado DDT through a table from Tanaka, and Awesome kicks out for 2.  Top rope Awesomebomb on a table with a jagged piece of metal sticking about three feet off the ground gets 2, and Tanaka could have died if that was about six inches to the left.  Awesomebomb from the outside in, followed by a plancha and Awesome pins him on the floor.  This was really entertaining, but at some point enough is enough, and this got to the point of being overkill.  It kind of makes everyone else on the card look like giant pussies because it took 275 powerbombs through tables, chairs, in the ring, outside of the ring, and off the top rope to finish Masato Tanaka.  Tajiri lost from a top rope moonsault.  Eddy Guerrero submitted to a crossface, Psicosis lost to a hurricurana, and it only took one shot with a Singapore cane to finish former undisputed champion Chris Jericho, Tanaka lost after almost dying 13 times. 

You think Styles regrets saying, after Awesome hits a suicide dive, that Awesome should have committed suicide.  You can tell even Foley gets pretty tired of Styles shitting on Awesome.

Hey supreme, they DID use "Enter Sandman" when the ECW PPV aired lived. And the whole crowd sung along with it. It was the coolest moment of that show.

And even more awesome, the Dudley's were singing along too

but did we really need to see Jason? 

Glad I saw this.

I'm watching ECW N2R 97' right now. Justin Credible and Mikey are on and Jason is of course at ringside. What was Jason's whole deal? Was he a worker? Was he a backstage guy? What was he? Also, Mikey and Justin were 21 in 97? Whoa.

Also, on these WWE edits of ECW shows, it seems the crowd noise is much louder than I remember. The edits of the entrance music is hysterical. Seeing 97 ECW crowds react to WWE stock music edits is very funny.

*Stock music hits crowd shits pants*

Me: Oh yeah, that's not the original music.

but did we really need to see Jason? 

Glad I saw this.

I'm watching ECW N2R 97' right now. Justin Credible and Mikey are on and Jason is of course at ringside. What was Jason's whole deal? Was he a worker? Was he a backstage guy? What was he? Also, Mikey and Justin were 21 in 97? Whoa.

Jason was the World's Sexiest Man. He was a wrestler in the early days of ECW who didn't have a lot of success and ended up as a manager for The Impact Players/Justin Credible and, my memory might be failing me, but a neverending string of pretty unmemorable ECW goons.

Spending my Sunday watching:

1) I watched The Shield vs. Cena/Sheamus/Ryback from EC 13. That match was awesome. I missed this PPV. Just a textbook Shield classic. I love Cena's face at the end of this -- looked like when a NBA team loses a game at the buzzer. Great job.

2) Followed by The Shield at WrestleMania last year, which I also missed. Another great match but not their best. I don't know how much of that was their fauly and how much was because Orton and Sheamus weren't really feeling being in an opening card match.

3) Now watching Sting's Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance at War Games! I haven't seen this in... man... I have no idea.

Oh yeah, I watched Rey/Eddie from Hollywood Havoc '97. That match is still so, so, so, so great. I keep harping about what developmental means for the WWE -- where character work is as big as in-ring work. I think the shining examples they are showing guys of how they want them to perform as is Regal and Eddie. This match is just perfect. Rey looks SO small in that match, too. Eddie's gassed out of his mind. Rey's worked a WWE style so long that I completely forgot how revolutionary he was when he broke through in ECW and later WCW. He was just the most graceful, fun and insane workers of his era. Eddie was such a great foil.

I'm going to be watching the debut of DOOM from whenever that was later on. That's my favorite ring entrance debut ever -- "Her Strut" with stern ass Woman walking down as a skull drops with a ton of dry ice with two bad masked dudes. That was one of the highlights of my childhood.

Rumble '08

Edge versus Rey is okay, but I'm really glad I missed all the Vickie Guerrero stuff because it seems just awful. However, at one point they list all the titles Edge has held, and it's something like 2 time world champion, 5 time intercontinental champion, and 16 time tag team champion. It got me to thinking, as I've been out of things for a bit, but have they reigned in the title changes at all? It seems to me that longer title reigns would be better for the value of the titles, but maybe that doesn't fly in a world where the majority of people seem to have short attention spans.