DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

I started watching Superbrawl 1 around 5 am and made it an hour through before I decided to go to sleep. I have it on tape, but the tape has not held up over the years so it's nice to see it in good ol' broadcast quality again.

I am really sad that they dubbed over what I think might be one of the greatest intro's ever with Diamond Dallas Page bringing out The Freebirds. You can still hear him, but the generic music really drowns him out (which is amazing).

I left it off during the Dustin vs. Taylor "computer" match. I love The York Foundation's intro. "Hey...you four guys...go get a suit jacket. You're the new board of directors for this quarter". 

I'm starting my WWF British exclusive PPV run right now, with 1998's Capital Carnage. It's pretty bad so far, more or less just background noise for me. Opens with Gangrel/Al Snow, then goes to Headbangers/Animal & Droz. One two punch of horrible matches. Plus they recapped the Hawk suicide attempt. Just horrible. During Goldust's entrance for his match against Val Venis (another horrible angle), you can clearly see a "RAPE ME" sign.

I watched WCW Souled Out 1997 last night before I lost interest after a Ray Traylor match. The only good thing I have to say about the event is the nWo announcer being the ring announcer. That was pretty cool. And the Jericho/Chono (?!?!?) match was pretty good for the little amount of time they had. DiBiase & Bischoff aren't too bad on commentary either, but that's way too much nWo for one event.

I want some late 90s RAW episodes, damnit!!!

So I just watched Raw ep 4. What the hell did I just see?

- The show starts with "We Want Flair" chants a week after losing the Loser Leaves WWF match with Perfect. Everybody wanted Flair!

- Three bros facing the hard camera have replica championship belts(?). Not the cheap foam ones they started selling in the early 00s, real authentic looking belts fifteen years before WWE Shopzone sent you an email blast trying to sell you one for five hundred bucks.

- The "Uncut" "Uncensored" "Uncooked" catchphrase Vince, Macho and Rob would do reflexively every 15 minutes or so is such a hokey idea.

- High Energy is out for a jobber squash and IRON MIKE SHARPE IS ON MY TV... still doing jobs in 1993?

- Brutus Beefcake returns after 3 years on the shelf. He does a shoot interview(?) where he talks about his mother dying of cancer, his dad dying of grief, his wife leaving him for a drunken hook-up and then getting bashed in the face in the para-sailing accident. The crowd has no idea how to react to any of this.

And to class it up even more, the director keeps cutting to shots of people in the crowd picking their nose. Seriously.

- Vince puts a Headlock on Hunger. Flair, who left WWE, is right there ringside when Bret presents the Red Cross a check for Somalia.

- Dibiase and IRS come out to challenge Beefer to a match on next week's Raw - which in turn set up the Maniacs-Money Inc tag title match at Mania 9.  Dibiase tries use the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme in his promo but MESSES UP THE WORDING. Good thing he didn't work in the heavily scripted promo era.

- Where did they get these ring girls? I've only been to NYC once but it was like the Movie World in Last Action Hero. You couldn't throw a stone without hitting a model-looking chick. These girls holding the ring cards, well, let's just say some shouldn't be wearing bikinis on national tv.

- Speaking of card girls, amusing spot as Luger comes out doing the Narcissist gimmick and the crowd just loves him. To goof on Lex, they send out a fat girl (Bertha Faye I think?) to do ring cards for him.

- Finally, we have a ten bell salute for Andre the Giant. A very nice and classy memorium, unfortunately the first of many many to come.

Bruno Sammartino vs. Spiros Arion.  Msg soemtime in 1975??

This seemed like it had a lot of promise.  The atmosphere was incredible.  Of course everyone was insane for Bruno and I don't know the backstory too well, but I guess Arion had roughed up Zbysko or something and now was coming for Bruno.  He had clearly done some shit because people in the crowd wanted to murder him and at least two tried including someone lunging at him during the match.

Promising also is that Arion is managed by Freddie Blassie who is dressed like Dolores Umbridge and is stomping around the ring like something huge is about to go down.  This was all pretty exciting.  The ring was lined with VIPs and the ref took his time dealing with everyone and Freddie made a meal out of the pre match jabbering.

Then the match started.  It was pretty bad.  I'm sure I'm missing some stuff that you are supposed to pick up on.  There seemed to be something with Arion and an atomic knee drop.  Like, maybe that's what he's been hurting people with and he went for it twice to big reactions, but never got near hitting it.  This was not the match for that and maybe it would happen another time as this ended up clearly just being a setup for a bigger match later based on the ending.

Too many shifts in momentum.  And every time the heel was in control all he did was kick Bruno...kick kick kick kick kick.  It went on like this forever.  Bruno had too many comebacks, but I guess the crowd was so hot for him they would never get tired of it.  Weirdly Bruno worked kind of heelish.  He got Arion out of the ring and kicked him in the head or shoulder when he would try to get back in.  That along with the crowd literally attacking him, and the ref. actually screwing him at the end (counting the pin fall even though his foot was on the ropes) made for a slow, unsatisfying, weirdly booked match that led to nothing.

Worst part was that Freddie was gone, man, gone.  Didn't see him anywhere after the match started.  Vince's announcing didn't help.  He let me know a few times that "Both of these individuals clearly want to win!"  Cool.

Dullsville, man.  The crowd was having a blast though.

• Like 1

Bruno Sammartino vs. Spiros Arion.  Msg soemtime in 1975??

Dullsville, man.  The crowd was having a blast though.

The match was from 3/17/75 and is supposedly a Texas Death Match yet is worked as a No DQ match. I couldn't agree more that this doesn't work for me and looks more like a real fight (in a bad way) than a wrestling match.

So I just watched Raw ep 4. What the hell did I just see?

- The show starts with "We Want Flair" chants a week after losing the Loser Leaves WWF match with Perfect. Everybody wanted Flair!

- Brutus Beefcake returns after 3 years on the shelf. He does a shoot interview(?) where he talks about his mother dying of cancer, his dad dying of grief, his wife leaving him for a drunken hook-up and then getting bashed in the face in the para-sailing accident. The crowd has no idea how to react to any of this.

Yeah, smart fans hijacking the show existed in 1993 too.

And you clearly missed the part where a fan screams "KILL YOURSELF" and Beefcake actually addresses the area where he heard it and then never recovers.  I even remember watching it as a kid and thought how painful it was. 

Just finished World War 3 1995. More bullet points!

- Mean Gene does his WCW Hotline shill and the come on is "Breaking news in the WWF Steroid Trial!" Holy shit! I can't believe they had the balls to mention that...especially when half their roster was jacked to the gills.

- Hogan burns his Black Costume - was somebody on the WCW booking committee reading Spider-man comics? - then rants against the Observer. Says "the internet" has all the scoops, brother. Well, he was right about that but the entire segment was bizarre, especially when Hogan claimed Meltzer was wrong about Savage being hurt and the announcers spend the next 3 hours talking about how Savage is hurt.

- Hokuto and Nakano vs Ozaki and Cutie - I know people were talking about Hokuto several pages back. The match started kinda sloppy and slow - at first I was thinking Thursday's Paige-Emma match was better. Then Nakano missed a moonsault and Ozaki/Cutie did this cool flying stomp sequence and from that point shit got real. First, Ozaki tries a Burning Hammer on Hokuto and nearly dumps her on her head, then Hokuto tries a German on Ozaki and does drop her on her noggin'. These girls are NUTS.

Hokuto does some sweet aerial moves but I really liked Cutie. Now I know why they call her "Cutie." An awesome match.

- Benoit vs Sasaki was decidedly less than awesome. Actually, it was kinda boring. Seemed like they were going through the motions.

- Log on to Compuserve! It's "electronic chat" you know! The Hulkster says that's where you get scoops! I love seeing stuff from when the internet was just starting to catch on.

- Interview with Sullivan and The Giant. Mean Gene to Big Show: "Your father would be so disappointed in you." I heard they initially claimed he was Andre's son but never actually saw it. I can't believe somebody thought that was a good idea.

- They recap Flair turns on Sting part 343. I wish the Nitros were all online because the build-up looks fantastic. This time, Flair wrestled Arn to prove he was at odds with the Horseman. Actually, this whole angle looks tremendous with Flair begging Sting for help and Sting being wary because, well, it's Flair. I want to see this stuff.

- The Sting-Flair match was, of course, awesome. Tremendous spot right off the bat as Sting no-sells Flair offense and then Flair bails to another ring to do his strut while Sting looks for him. Loved the way they used the three ring set-up to tell the story of Flair running away whenever he sensed the tide turning. Sting got by far the biggest face pop on the show, too.

- Main event 60 man three ring battle royal. Okay, this was a clusterfuck but it was a helluva spectacle to see such a mass of humanity battling it out. It reads like one of those "Good on paper, not so good in practice" ideas. You couldn't really follow anything so I can't tell you if any cool mini "Kerry vs Flair in the Rumble" moments happened. I did enjoy Hogan eliminating Mr. Wonderful just to stick it to him one last time for old time's sake.

The end was pretty great with Luger and Sting eliminating the Giant to a huge face pop only for Hogan to toss them both out in the guise of "helping." Then Giant drags him out under the bottom but they claim he went over the top and declared Macho the winner and new champ. Hogan throws an EPIC TEMPER TANTRUM, just bitching and whining over and over until the crowd - which was already kinda tepid towards him - starts to turn openly hostile.

Hogan was such an obnoxious dick at this time I can see why he pretty much had to turn heel less than a year later.

Super Brawl I features the debut of Oz. I've seen this gimmick before, but never this exact skit...wow was it even worse. There's an extended skit, not backstage, BUT ON THE RAMP, with Dorothy, the Scarescrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion talking TO OZ. It's also got the debut of the Diamond Studd. Toothpick, curl...yeah WWF had no real claim on that for the lawsuit. Sid's out for a stretcher match with El Gigante...urge to fast forward rising...Eh, it's only two minutes. Terrible match, and of course the stretcher match ends by pinfall, or submission, or something based on the clawhold slam. The fans AND JIM ROSS are singing the goodbye song to Sid. YAY DOOM CAGE MATCH. I've only seen clips of this on Megaslams before. Digging Ron's RS lightning bolt gear - it's nice to see tome outfits on an early '90s show that don't reek of early '90s. Pretty fun match. Ron bleeds, which he almost never did, and won a solid match with a snap powerslam.

Hype vid for the Luger/Sting-Steiners tag title match. The music for this is beautiful and makes this seem like a big deal. Luger's got the revamped U.S. title design that Rude and Sting fought over that they later expanded in '93. The same basic design, but it looked a bit more important - there's less depth on the faceplate of the bigger one though. Scott Steiner's tights are entirely too tight - like Flanders's snowsuit. LOVE Rick bouncing off of Luger and doing a mid-air flip off of a simple shoulder block. This is a great match...until Luger hits a thing resembling a Russian Legsweep. The fucking Sandman's looked better. STING WINS A TOMBSTONE REVERSAL BATTLE! Nikita Koloff runs down and KOs Sting with the sickle. Steiners win and Luger's pissed. Now Sting and Nikita are brawling outside. Arn's out as TV champ. Wow, they were still using the silver and red belt in '91 - although I think Austin might've actually had this one and then transitioned into the newer one. ROCKET LAUNCHER FROM ARN TO BOBBY ON THE FUCKING RAMP OH MY FUCKING GOD YES! AA spinebuster gets 2! Arn sells a swinging neckbreaker perfectly. Alabama Jam hits despite Barry trying to get involved. THE CROWD GOES CRAZY! Fujinami's robe is amazing. CHOP TO THE BACK FROM FLAIR! The fucking state of Fujinami's chest here. Ref bump to Tiger Hattori leads to a schoolboy with the tights and a fast count from Fonzie. BULLSHIT.

Antonio Inoki gets a plaque. Crowd ignores him. Regal insults him. Inoki takes his coat off to fight him. Suddenly crowd LOVES it. Christ Regal was great at being hated.

Bunkhouse Buck and Terry Funk w/ Robert Parker and DAMONSTERMENG vs. Arn Anderson and Dustin Rhodes. Surely now Dustin will get his revenge, and nothing else terrible can happen to him, right?

I really should watch Slamboree '95 - I never got to see it as a kid and loved the whole Legends Reunion/HOF deal. What the fuck, might as well do it now. Nastys-Heat starts off with a great Heat promo talking about delivering whoopings. WE'RE THE BOYS, WE'RE THE NASTY BOYS. Fun theme. Thank God, no Knobbs - this is actually a pretty fun little match. Knobbs as a hot tag-y works for me. Knobbs's catch of Sherri off the top was fine, THEN HE JUST THREW HER ONTO STEVIE OVER THE TOP ROPE. She had a rough landing against the railing and damn, this was vile. Nastys win with the powerslam>elbow. Punk's elbow MIGHT've been better than Sags'. EARL ROBERT OF EATON. I demand an on demand section of just wacky WCW skits with continuity. If Vince is really pissed at Mick, throw the Lost in Cleveland stuff in there. After years of TNA skits, they're honestly not all that bad after watching them on Worldwide via CoD. Sullivan's promo on the Butcher is pretty solid. Gene is much better though describing the Butcher  "Look at what you did to this man, HE'S NOW TOTALLY USELESS!" The Man With No Name is the Man With a Bad Theme and The Man With an Orange Tan. Sullivan's theme has sirens! More themes need sirens - Ryback's was so much better with a siren. Stuff. Sleeper is broken up with something generously resembling a jawjacker. Nice overhand slaps to the chest from No Name. Stinger splash misses, leading to the tree of woe knee strike to the belly welly and the double stomp for the win.

Hogan's cutting a promo about the MACHOMONSTERMANIACS BROTHER. Fuck Hogan. Poor Arn gets ANGELO POFFO as his foil for this whole deal. Angelo went from looking like a 50 year old in shape in Memphis to about 70 in '95. Now that's fair because he was, but damn did this make the heels seem weak. Nice little promo from Angelo though. The legends matches having a black and white filter absolutely sucks. This was never done in '93 and '94, and just makes everyone seem old. Wahoo hailing from "the University of Oklahoma" in the AWA was hilarious then, and even funnier many years later here. Heenan and Solie work shockingly well together, and you'd think that combo wouldn't work out well because they're so different, but it's great. Each one is still fantastic at their own style. Murdoch's body looks so much older here than in '93. Wahoo is aided by always looking 1,000. Hard to believe Murdoch was only alive for a year after this. Love the 3 Stooges selling of the chop from Murdoch. Murdoch doing a slow fall onto his ass to sell another one ruled. Murdoch was such a music between the notes kinda guy. He wasn't all about moves, but getting the most out of everything he did. So he may not make for a great video game character, but he's damned fun to watch. Murdoch's mouth is busted up. CALF BRANDING by Murdoch! Murdoch's elbows still look great. Wahoo wins with a chop. Wahoo did what he could here, while Murdoch ruled!

Passionate promo from Big Bubba Rogers - this suit look worked great for him. They should've just gone with this when he came over to WCW. MUTA'S OUTFIT IS AMAZING! And he's facing Orndorff...I sense a clash in styles. MUTA GETS A LIVE DRUM INTRO! Sadly no swank '89 theme for him here. And this is an IWGP Title match for God knows what reason. Muta's black and red paint looks great. Bischoff comes off really knowledgeable talking about Japan, jet lack, and the like. Holds. Holds. More holds. Thankfully, he finally hits the handspring elbow. Backbreaker moonsault combo gets the clean win. Muta just gets the generic WCW Japanese theme song, which is pretty solid, but nowhere near as cool as his '89 one. Great Arn-Wright video package. Boy was it a mistake to not give Wright the belt here. Arn just lost it a month later to the fucking Renegade, and Wright had no momentum for ages after this. Nice promo from Arn with Flair and Vader. Flair's in super-high pants and is apparently going to work in street clothes. I love Flair basically saying that Hogan and his buddies have ruined WCW by bringing WWF bullshit into it. Vader naming his biceps Itsy and Bitsy THE PYTHON EATERS is great. Terry Funk cuts a promo about not being sure if he's a legend...wow. Terry looks shockingly similar now to how he did here.

THE ALEX WRIGHT DANCE. Good lord, I thought that was just the coolest thing then. At least I was only 10 or so. Arn Anderson is THE MAN. He exudes tough working guy who will work hard and kick whatever ass needs to be kicked to accomplish a goal. I love the side headlock>rollup 2 count stuff. That's a really simple thing that should be brought back. Northern lights doesn't get a count because he gets up. Missile dropkick gets 2. Nice bodyshot by Arn in the corner. Great fakeout for the left hook leading to the snap DDT to a huge pop and a win. Arn's character was such that you may not like him, but you at least had to respect him. This network is so great for going on an Arn marathon. According to Heenan, THE FACE TEAM WAS FOUND BY SECURITY TRYING TO FLEE THE BUILDING VIA THEIR DRESSING ROOM WINDOW. Glorious.

Hawk-Meng is the SPECIAL SURPRISE BONUS MATCH! Hawk in his Hell Raisers gear is out. That gear ruled - easily the best overall look for the Road Warriors. THIS MATCH WOULD BE A MAIN EVENT IN ANY ARENA ON THE EARTH and it's here on WCW PPV as a bonus match. Yeah wow no way, Eric. "WCW and New Japan set the standard for pro wrestling" with the North Korea shows - well hell, might as well go big with that and put over what you can possibly take credit for. They clubber, they don't sell, and Hawk takes a helluva bump off a shoulder charge in the corner. Goes sailing right to the floor - it's a thing of beauty. YAY MORE CLUBBERING! Double countout. Whatever. Fun match.

Hall of fame time. Solie told a nice story about Wahoo getting seriously injured and put over him being an AWA and NWA tag champ. Wahoo's out in a nice shirt, tie, and blazer...and jeans. Pretty nothing speech from Wahoo though. Terry's next. Hard to believe he was already 51 here and is still working. Funk being in a bunch of Stallone movies is put over. HI MOM! Terry rules. He puts over his wife, daughters, and a 30 year career at that point. Damn, he's been working for nearly 50 fucking years. Solie somewhat sarcastically puts over Poffo for going into the HOF for doing situps. Lanny gets a mention, and he looks EXACTLY like his dad did in one of the historic photos. Terrible promo by Angelo about the main event. Solie's comparison of Inoki as being like a diamond - no matter what side you examine, his life reflects brilliance, was great. Ali-Inoki was put over as putting Ali in the hospital for 2 days. Collision in Korea clips are shown - including the card ceremony. Terrible echo for Solie here. Inoki is such a fascinating character, there's definitely no one else like him.

Solie breaks into tears talking about Big John Studd. His feud with Andre is put over, as is his focus on living in northern VA for 18 years. I was amazed to learn that when he died, he was only about half an hour away from me. Gordon's reading of a poem spoken at his service was fantastic. His son Robert is maybe 12-13 and is talking about his deceased father on global PPV and doing a damned fine job of it. Solie tells a story about Dusty digging ditches at 8 before being told then that there could be an American dream. Dusty's charisma is put over, as was the team with Dick Murdoch. A college course on the American dream was crafted due to Dusty. Dusty gets a MASSIVE POP with his arrival. CODY'S OUT THERE. He gives Cody the plaque and his daughter Teal the flowers. Puts over Dakota, Eddie Graham, his dad, and the fans. Dusty's scar tissue is honestly distracting even in '95. Dusty's surprise induction of Solie is amazing. Gene came out as a seeming fakeout. Gordon truly was amazing. He was a bit like Joe Friday in that he was so serious, but you took the man seriously when he said something. Gordon is in tears with this. Gordon's speech wasn't exactly smooth, but it was genuine and if there's one thing WCW did better than WWE does now is making the hall of fame seem genuine. It didn't have the pomp and circumstance, but dammit, it felt genuine and heartfelt.

Sting's an 11 out of 10 on the Roidy Magoo scale for this promo. LOLing at Gene saying IT'S TIME FOR TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION! Big Bubba's theme rules. Bubba brings out the world's oldest and shittiest-looking table to bonk Sting into. Bubba taps to the scorpion deathlock. "A Man Called Sting" isn't able to be used, so instead of using the vastly-superior "Turbo Charged", they go with generic shit. BOO! Main event time. WOO FLAIR! Flair's in purple, which helps him match Vader's purple trim. Fairly big pyro display for Flair. Vader looks like such a badass. This network is so worth it just to watch Vader demolish dudes whenever you want. I should really check out SuperBrawl V at some point just to see how Hogan-Vader actually turned out. The Mega Powered-Monster Maniacs get an even bigger pyro display. The Giant is shown briefly. HE'S THE KING OF HULKMANIA, HE IS HULK HOGAN! Perfectly fine little tag match here. Hogan and Vader works great in a tag match because Vader can do some stuff to him briefly, then get Flair in there to eat some offense. Vader's relying on way too many holds against Hogan - it's good for diversity's sake, but bad for the whole point of this character being to crush people. Vader bomb misses. Vader and Savage have some fine brawling outside - that'd be a fun singles match. Anderson's in...and that's not a DQ because why not. Big legdrop gets the win. Helluva return for Flair here. Great beating on Savage and Poffo. Poffo took a solid bump for the punches. Savage looks like he's ready to just wreck fuckers after this. As far as Hogan-era shows go, this was a pretty decent one. It had just enough of that WCW feel to not feel like WWF-lite even with that permeating into some aspects of the show.

0fffe0311559250.jpg

05c4f0311559354.jpg

283296311559423.jpg

ce1b70311559705.jpg

CODY!
1a0286311560296.jpg

I finished Superbrawl 1 earlier. God, that whole Oz segment is so fun to watch. That spinning power bomb is still awesome to watch. But thinking about it, it's amazing to think just what what...five years later Nash would be part of a group to revolutionize DA BUSINESS.

Pillman vs. Barry is still one of my favorite brawls. Wrestling needs more taped fist matches.

The Steiners/Sting & Luger hype video might be my all time favorite hype video ever. The music just made it seem like it was the biggest and most important match ever. Thank God Scott wore pink instead of flesh tone tights though. The ending also sets up the really awesome Sting/Nikita feud. 

I never saw the final two matches because the tape I had cut out right as Arn was making his entrance. I loved the story that people doubted Bobby could win a singles title because he was just a tag team wrestler. Jim Ross made it seem so damn huge and when he won the arena went ape shit. 

The main event was pretty good all things considered. I loved how Hiro Matsuda did his best Mr. Fuji impersonation just before they all went to the ring. Flair had the best entrance ever with the maids and butler. Who knew WCW had that kind of money for extra's. I guess Ted was just rubber stamping those expense reports. The thing that made me laugh was they showed a bunch of guys in the crowd with Fujinami signs. Those had to be plants, right? I can't imagine there were Japanese wrestling smarks who went out of their way to make signs. The match was great. I loved the work on the back of both guys. Fujinami trying and failing to bridge out was a really cool moment. 

It's so weird seeing Bill Alfonso as a respected referee. I miss that Fonzie. Great to see Flair win. Next up is Superbrawl 2 which I've only seen clips of because my video store back then never got it in stock.

Royal Rumble '97.

Vader is in the WWF is weird. 

Mini's match - Max Mini freaks out, El Torito Original sure as shit ain't Mascarita Dorada but is still alright, and Sunny wears a referee outfit with some rockin' hot pants. 

I fast forwarded the New Age Outlaws vs. whoever match because fuck DX.

Rumble - Cactus and Chainsaw Charlie beat the shit out of each other until someone new enters the ring for a while. They do us all a favor and toss Tom Brandi into the nearest tarpit upon arrival. DOA member #3 or #2 at least has the good goddamn sense not to wear white sneakers and have an undercut like Jax Teller. Steve Blackman just annoyed Kurrgan with a jumping spin kick. 

Funker and Mark Mero have a quick boxing match. Funk busts out of the fifth of bourbon selling and I think he should've gotten a quick 5-second jobber spot in Rocky 3. 

Headbanger Thrash or Mosh...man, pretty much every single heavy metal gimmick is total dogshit. I don't headbang or mosh in place in public. I save that shit for shows or when I come home drunk and fuck my bedroom up listening to Crowbar. Also, how about a Carcass or a Neurosis shirt on one of these fools? Most of the metalheads I know and am friends with are pretty sharp, funny people and are also pretty adept musicians. Which doesn't mean send one of us to the ring with Maxx Payne's Guitar Center riffs. 

I could watch Mark Henry club the shit out of Ahmed Johnson all day long. 

The NOD would've been way cooler if Kama had just stayed Papa Shango. 

Austin shows up and fights everyone. 

Later. 

what the hell was Faith No More Guy from ECW doing at the Royal Rumble 1997 in Texas? That's a little out of his comfort zone, isn't it?

Eh, Faith No More Guy and a lot of the ECW super fans went to a ton of WWF PPVs, regardless of locale. I know there's that one ECW fan, the really tall one who'd always wear glasses and a sleeveless shirt (I forget his name), that can be spotted at virtually ever major wrestling event in the 90s.

Headbanger Thrash or Mosh...man, pretty much every single heavy metal gimmick is total dogshit. I don't headbang or mosh in place in public. I save that shit for shows or when I come home drunk and fuck my bedroom up listening to Crowbar. Also, how about a Carcass or a Neurosis shirt on one of these fools? Most of the metalheads I know and am friends with are pretty sharp, funny people and are also pretty adept musicians. Which doesn't mean send one of us to the ring with Maxx Payne's Guitar Center riffs. 

I thought Maxx Payne was pretty good.