DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

Just started watching the Rumble 92 show and the best thing is that it has the real Royal Rumble music with Vince listing the participants. I recall this being re-dubbed when it aired on CoD, so this surprised me.

Justin Credible and Jerry Lynn are two guys who couldn't get over anywhere but ECW.  Justin Credible, because he sucks, and Jerry Lynn because he has the charisma of a soggy bath mat.  Credible, who is about as bland as the back end piece of a loaf of Wonder bread is surrounded by Jason, who I forgot existed, Nicole Bass, who I wish I forgot existed, and Chastity, who I don't think I ever knew existed.  This was a fun little match, thanks mostly to Jerry Lynn, but Justin Credible gets the win.

I started to watch Spring Stampede '99 and guess who showed up?  Chastitiy, this is two shows in a row, that I know I've seen before, but I have no recollection of her at all.

This 10-man tag on Main Event this week was 17 different flavors of awesome. When did Cody Rhodes get so good at this? And Goldust has been great this whole run. And Los Matodores look like they're having fun, and thy do some cool stuff. Poor Heath Slater. 

Just started watching the Rumble 92 show and the best thing is that it has the real Royal Rumble music with Vince listing the participants. I recall this being re-dubbed when it aired on CoD, so this surprised me.

Always loved that music man. Beautiful touch. They should do it next year for old time sakes

Someone tell me if this link works: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31355631/milestone/31357229

So I searched "Juventud" and the first result was Juvi Driver vs. Blitzkrieg. And it was labeled, "Milestone." So I am wondering if this is a new feature.

Dayumn. First time seeing Rusev.. if he was born 10-15 years ago, McMahon would have given this guy a main event run, never mind the regional feds

Rusev needs to build a Flux Capaciter so he can make $10k a night working with Hogan. 

I turn on the stream during a lunch break to see a random Attitude-Era RAW where Dan Severn comes out to face Owen Hart, which of course immediately justifies any and all money that I have spent, am spending, or will spend in the future on this service.

I really enjoyed Severn in his short WWF run. He was a good striker and a very good mat wrestler. 

I am conflicted about this Attitude-Era crowd, however. They chant and are active, and they do politely applaud for Severn during a worked-injury angle. On the other hand, all the middle fingers. loud cursing at wrestlers coming down the aisle, and creepy signs about wanting to plow Divas are not a good look. 

EDIT: Then Vader comes out to wrestle Al Snow, and the reaction and chants for Snow/Head have just reminded me of the days when people actually cared about midcard wrestlers, which I miss quite a bit. There are so many midcard guys nowadays that people don't really care about as much as they could if those wrestlers were packaged correctly (Big E comes immediately to mind). 

Enjoyed this as well, lot of fun rewatching this one. Always liked Dan Severn and wished he was around WWE for longer

Watched Fall Brawl 97 last night. Pretty good show overall.

Jericho/Eddie was a high quality opener. I hate how they changed some of the music for these shows, but the match was still choice. Eddie stretched Jericho with some nasty submissions and took some crazy bumps. Good pace and both guys got to show a lot.

Steiners/Harlem Heat was a surprisingly fun match. Super stiff with all guys really eating strikes and taking some nasty head drops. There was no real heat segment or hot tag, just a lot of back-and-forth clubberin packed into a tight window.

Alex Wright vs. Ultimo Dragon was way too long. Had a couple decent moments, but it felt like Wright was working a chinlock for more than half the match. Crowd wasn't too into it either.

Jarrett vs. Malenko was a solid technical match. Lots of counter wrestling that ended with Jarrett being in the right position to clip Dean and snap on the figure four for the tap.

Mortis and Wrath vs. Faces of Fear is definitely a hidden gem kind of match that you hope to find watching random old shows. Another crazy stiff back and forth slugfest with a lot of good double team work from both sides. Even though both teams were heels, Meng got a killer hot tag and Mortis was eating his kicks like crazy. Meng also got a good a pop for putting James Vandenburg in the Tongan Death grip and not letting go despite Mortis kicking him in the face repeatedly. Wrath snuck in and hit his finisher on Meng during a Double Tongan Death Grip for the win.

Giant vs. Norton was ok. Really short and the only notable thing was Giant doing a rope assisted kip up.

Luger/DDP vs. Hall/Savage was a decent little tag brawl. Hall had some quality stooging throughout, especially attacking the refs. Ending was stupid with Zybysko interfering and counting his own fall on Scott Hall, but I guess I can see why the timekeeper and Penzer went along with it given how much WCW got screwed.

Wargames was good in a vaccuum, but in no way should it have been a ppv main in Flair country. Benoit was really intense, as was Nash. Bagwell, Konnan, and Syxx did their stooging and the Hennig turn was pretty vicious. Horsemen got a lot of offense early, but the ending totally killed the crowd. It would've worked better in just about any other setting, or anywhere where the Horsemen could believably get revenge later. Instead it came off like a total burial (which it probably was).

I turn on the stream during a lunch break to see a random Attitude-Era RAW where Dan Severn comes out to face Owen Hart, which of course immediately justifies any and all money that I have spent, am spending, or will spend in the future on this service.

I really enjoyed Severn in his short WWF run. He was a good striker and a very good mat wrestler. 

I am conflicted about this Attitude-Era crowd, however. They chant and are active, and they do politely applaud for Severn during a worked-injury angle. On the other hand, all the middle fingers. loud cursing at wrestlers coming down the aisle, and creepy signs about wanting to plow Divas are not a good look. 

EDIT: Then Vader comes out to wrestle Al Snow, and the reaction and chants for Snow/Head have just reminded me of the days when people actually cared about midcard wrestlers, which I miss quite a bit. There are so many midcard guys nowadays that people don't really care about as much as they could if those wrestlers were packaged correctly (Big E comes immediately to mind). 

Enjoyed this as well, lot of fun rewatching this one. Always liked Dan Severn and wished he was around WWE for longer

I had completely forgotten that they turned the Austin incident into a workshoot with Owen-Severn. 

Just finished Cesaro/Zayn from NXT Arrival, and now I've got Sting/Muta from Bash '89 queued up. 

I'ma just throw this out there: Between the Network, Daniel Bryan, Golddust ripping it up, The Shield, and the Wyatt's, I haven't been this stoked wrasslin' since I was a lowercase G. 

• Like 3

This network takes me back to being 10 and being at Blockbuster and just picking between TONS AND TONS OF TAPES. Only now, there's no tape, the VQ is crazy-good, I can record whatever I want with the touch of a button and it's only $10 a month. Whenever I want, I can flip between Hogan's OBSERVE THIS BROTHER, Booker's HOGAN, I'M COMIN FA YOU NIGGA greatness, then look at some Akira Hokuto stuff.

• Like 2