DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Has anyone actually seen the Saturday night heat shows on the network? Not a category and last I checked didn't see it on 12 days section

I have, yes. SNH doesn't have its own section, probably because only one episode was uploaded. That being the Fully Loaded '99 preshow. Though it seemed like, per the press release, we'd get those shows added to the library, we'll probably only get one more, maybe.

The Network's been pretty great recently.  The only issue I have is the Resume Watching option.  It is tremendous to keep track of where i left off, but when the show is finished it never clears off the list.  It says the show still has some time remaining.  I watch it all the way through so it shouldn't have this issue.  Would be nice to clear it off of the list manually.  Hoping for a fix, but compared to past problems I can live with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think in the case of the WCW ones, they're home video releases because the master isn't good enough/they don't have it. I'm not sure why some of the WWF events are the home video version instead of original PPV, but yeah, most are shown in their original form.

I'm looking at subscribing to the network in the UK, trying to access via my Sony smart blu ray player but can't find the app anywhere. I am a bit of a novice as far as these things go, any guidance would be most appreciated.

From the WWE website:

HOW TO WATCH ON SONY INTERNET-CONNECTED TVS AND STREAMING BLU-RAY PLAYERS

In order to experience WWE Network on Sony Internet-connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray players, you must be a WWE Network subscriber.

To use your Sony Internet-connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray player with your WWE Network subscription:

1. Scroll to the Applications row

a. Note: On Sony Blu-ray players the WWE Network app will appear under the Video category

2. Find and select the WWE Network App
  3. Select Member Sign In
  4. Sign in using your WWE account email and password
  5. Once your account has been verified, you will be taken to the home screen and can select programming from WWE Network that you want to watch.

Click here for a list of supported Sony Internet connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray players.

Hope this helps!

I'm looking at subscribing to the network in the UK, trying to access via my Sony smart blu ray player but can't find the app anywhere. I am a bit of a novice as far as these things go, any guidance would be most appreciated.

From the WWE website:

HOW TO WATCH ON SONY INTERNET-CONNECTED TVS AND STREAMING BLU-RAY PLAYERS

In order to experience WWE Network on Sony Internet-connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray players, you must be a WWE Network subscriber.

To use your Sony Internet-connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray player with your WWE Network subscription:

• Scroll to the Applications row

a. Note: On Sony Blu-ray players the WWE Network app will appear under the Video category

• Find and select the WWE Network App
  • Select Member Sign In
  • Sign in using your WWE account email and password
  • Once your account has been verified, you will be taken to the home screen and can select programming from WWE Network that you want to watch.
Click here for a list of supported Sony Internet connected TVs and Streaming Blu-ray players.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, have seen this, the problem seems to be that wwe network does not come up under the video category, there are 31 various icons on there including YouTube, dailymotion, Amazon, Netflix, BBC iPlayer but there does not seem to be a way to search for or to add new icons. The player is a bdp s1200 which is compatible according to the wwe website...

They are the original live broadcasts like 95% of the time. There are some that are the home video release and I'm not sure why.

I think in the case of the WCW ones, they're home video releases because the master isn't good enough/they don't have it. I'm not sure why some of the WWF events are the home video version instead of original PPV, but yeah, most are shown in their original form.

OK, thanks. I have most of the older WWF PPV's on either VHS and/or DVD (the Silvervision tagged classics), some of which are edited down to 2 hours though like WrestleMania 1 & 2 for example, so it would be interesting to see the original broadcasts. I don't know what the original broadcast version of WrestleMania 1 would be like as I think that was closed circuit. I'm not familiar with closed circuit, so would the first Mania have originally aired live in like theater(s)/cinema(s) and it be essentially like watching wrestling at a movie theater on the big screen?.  

Also from what I remember reading when WWE bought WCW and their tape library, some of the tapes were unlabeled and some in a bad condition and it could be that they haven't come across the masters for the events yet. Or it could be they were just poorly stored, which would have caused them to degrade in quality and that's why they are using the home video versions. I have some of the WCW PPVs on VHS too and ones like for example Superbrawl I is edited down to 2 hours, I think Future Shock '89 is edited down to like 110 minutes, so it would be better if they did maybe clean up the masters if possible, or find them and put them on there instead. Was wondering, are they going to add the old Coliseum videos like the Best of the WWF etc? as I think there might be some matches on them that I'd assume are not on the Network currently.

Anybody else having trouble with the resume playback feature? It's not working for me on PS3, mobile, and PC.

Yeah it did for me last night cut out in the middle of NXT Takeover and shows nothing in my continue watching section when it should have like 6 or 8 things in there.

They are the original live broadcasts like 95% of the time. There are some that are the home video release and I'm not sure why.

OK, thanks. I have most of the older WWF PPV's on either VHS and/or DVD (the Silvervision tagged classics), some of which are edited down to 2 hours though like WrestleMania 1 & 2 for example, so it would be interesting to see the original broadcasts. I don't know what the original broadcast version of WrestleMania 1 would be like as I think that was closed circuit. I'm not familiar with closed circuit, so would the first Mania have originally aired live in like theater(s)/cinema(s) and it be essentially like watching wrestling at a movie theater on the big screen?.  

Also from what I remember reading when WWE bought WCW and their tape library, some of the tapes were unlabeled and some in a bad condition and it could be that they haven't come across the masters for the events yet. Or it could be they were just poorly stored, which would have caused them to degrade in quality and that's why they are using the home video versions. I have some of the WCW PPVs on VHS too and ones like for example Superbrawl I is edited down to 2 hours, I think Future Shock '89 is edited down to like 110 minutes, so it would be better if they did maybe clean up the masters if possible, or find them and put them on there instead. Was wondering, are they going to add the old Coliseum videos like the Best of the WWF etc? as I think there might be some matches on them that I'd assume are not on the Network currently.

Closed circuit is exactly as you imagine. Around here in the US, there are still some theaters that do that for UFC events. Not sure if any still do it for wrestling.

Yeah, WCW didn't store their footage as meticulously as WWE. I think on Great American Bash 89, there's a part where a disclaimer pops up and just says, "we cannot show this part in full due to quality issues" or something along those lines. Still, better than the VHS tape. It seems like WWE tried to go with the original PPV broadcasts as much as they could, but a few events are still the edited home video versions (I think Halloween Havoc 90 is an example).

• Like 1

My Roku has no This Week in WWE shows added for 2015.  Also, shows that have been added, I get a message "this content is unavailable at this time". 

I am still getting the message for shows.  The new 24 show and latest episodes of Superstars and Rivalries the "unavailable message" comes on.