DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Is the search feature working well for anyone? I continue to get very few matches. No returns for guys like Dan Spivey, Lenny Lane, Steve McMichael, and both of the Villanos. I'm sure there are dozens more without returns. Limited returns for just about everyone else. I would have hoped the network would have fixed it by now.

I would imagine that this is something that will get updated and improved once they start adding more and more marker points for individual matches on shows. Looking forward to it as this is definitely a feature I would definitely use a lot once it is up to speed. Also on a side note, props to you for searching Lenny Lane!

No clue. Did you try searching for them, as in using the search function instead of looking through the WCW PPV's? I know the Roku doesn't always properly display all the stuff that's been uploaded.

I wish they'd update the system and add the following features:

- Have "chapters" on all shows and a "previous/next chapter" button so it's just like watching a DVD. Would make navigation a lot easier and faster.

- Have a quality/resolution button to choose from for people with slower connections, just like Youtube or any other video streaming sites.

- Have the full cards written on the descriptions of the shows, specially for the more unknown ones.

I'm sure they'll be streamlining it and improving it as time goes on.

Watching Wrestlemania IV: no surprise that Don Muraco's theme from Jesus Christ Superstar is edited out but was surprised to see that Slick's theme had been edited out when he comes out with Butch Reed. Anybody know why? I always thought that was a Jim Johnston theme.

I wish they'd update the system and add the following features:

- Have "chapters" on all shows and a "previous/next chapter" button so it's just like watching a DVD. Would make navigation a lot easier and faster.

- Have a quality/resolution button to choose from for people with slower connections, just like Youtube or any other video streaming sites.

- Have the full cards written on the descriptions of the shows, specially for the more unknown ones.

I'm sure they'll be streamlining it and improving it as time goes on.

This would be wonderful.

I'm watching Halloween Havoc 96. Just finished DDP v. Eddie and was surprised to hear DDP's theme was dubbed with some stock music. I could have sworn that he came out to Self High Five on Classics on Demand.

Was logged out on the PS3 for some reason. Tried to log back in, but when I get to the continue button it won't let me press it. Attempted to access the Network on my laptop and the general Network page won't load any videos, and when I tried to access the my account page it just goes to a "the webpage is not available." Anyone else having these issues?

They use the nWo music for Hogan at Spring Stampede '98 and the overdub is so bad you can still hear Voodoo Chile playing in the background. Audio gets noticeably louder when Hogan yells at the camera, too.

Watching Wrestlemania IV: no surprise that Don Muraco's theme from Jesus Christ Superstar is edited out but was surprised to see that Slick's theme had been edited out when he comes out with Butch Reed. Anybody know why? I always thought that was a Jim Johnston theme.

They pretty much just slapped the DVD release onto the Network for IV. Jive Soul Bro and many other WWF themes were gone from the Mania DVD releases as it really seemed that they didn't know what they owned. WWF mentions are still gone from IV, too.

-J\/\/

Hard to tell whats to blame at the moment - given I'm using Unlocator in Australia to access the Network.

Have no issues watching on laptop (aside from it always freezing with <10 minutes left on a show) or Ipad. PS3 coverage is shitty as fuck. Hoping it'll improve once I can cut out the middle man, but it gets annoying.

Twice now I have tried to watch Wrestle War 89, and both times my PS3 has frozen up immediately after selecting it. Anyone else having that problem?

I haven't had a problem with any specific show, but once or twice a week that will just happen when I try to load something for no apparent reason, but as soon as I turn off the PS3, turn it back on, and get back in, it works fine.  Annoying, but not a deal breaker.

Although I also have not thus far tried to watch WW 89.

I noticed something weird while watching a filler match between the FBI and Doring/Roadkill from ECW Massacre On 34th Street on the live stream a few minutes before the Raw Pre-Show came on that they didn't dub over either teams entrance music. So I went and checked it out on the VOD library and found that both themes are dubbed over on there. What the hell?