DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Great, but why the fuck are there still gaps? This is episodic TV. They babble on about that all the time. I just don't get it. Why keep pushing forward instead of giving us episode 29 or 31-35 or whatever else we're missing. 

• Like 1

Great, but why the fuck are there still gaps? This is episodic TV. They babble on about that all the time. I just don't get it. Why keep pushing forward instead of giving us episode 29 or 31-35 or whatever else we're missing. 

This is very disappointing, and it's why I've held off on the WCCW and ECW TV they've uploaded so far. I'm finally going to start watching the 93 Raw's now that they filled in the current gaps.

Just watching on my computer a bit more recently, I'm having constant problems with anything that I'm selecting to watch on demand dropping out and forcing me to reload. And the most frustrating part is it doesn't resume from where the video cut off and I have to find the spot I was at again. Also the video quality drops have been an issue too, but I'm more tolerant of that as long as the videos actually play. Is anyone else experiencing this consistently?

Just watching on my computer a bit more recently, I'm having constant problems with anything that I'm selecting to watch on demand dropping out and forcing me to reload. And the most frustrating part is it doesn't resume from where the video cut off and I have to find the spot I was at again. Also the video quality drops have been an issue too, but I'm more tolerant of that as long as the videos actually play. Is anyone else experiencing this consistently?

watching Rumble 2014 last night this happened a number of times. the most infuriating was with 6 minutes left in the show and down to the last 3 competitors.

It seems like a big problem they are going to run in to is the amount of people who will try streaming WrestleMania on crappy machines or with an insufficient connection who are going to put the blame solely on them.

When I'm watching on my high end laptop from work or at home with a wired connection, it's perfect pretty much all the time.  I've tried the same connection with shittier laptops at work and with our not-so-fabulous wi-fi and there's a lot of issues I see people complaining about.

The feature they really need to put in is being able to choose between SD and HD so those worse situations can still get a smooth stream.

My computer is in top shape and my internet connection is never a problem for any other streaming, downloading, etc that I do. I'm trying to watch NXT now and I couldn't get 10 minutes in before the stream cut out and forced me to reload, and now it's dropped down to abysmal video quality. I know the majority of people can't be experiencing problems this consistently though, or else there'd be a lot more internet outrage.

edit: now I'm getting an error at the top of the player "WWE Network video content is currently not available for viewing at this location." Outstanding.

I just wish my Roku would show the 1995 ECW Hardcore TV episodes and some of the other Old School episodes that I can access fine on the intertubes but not on the Roku.

You can find them through the search feature. Still annoying though.

I tweeted roku and asked about that issue a week or so ago. They said it was being worked on.

• Like 1

I just wish my Roku would show the 1995 ECW Hardcore TV episodes and some of the other Old School episodes that I can access fine on the intertubes but not on the Roku.

You can find them through the search feature. Still annoying though.

I tweeted roku and asked about that issue a week or so ago. They said it was being worked on.

I tried searching, didn't have much luck. Also some of the legends of wrestling episodes, don't show up either

I'm having a few people over to watch the show, so if it doesn't work... we'll be pretty disappointed. I'll be watching via my Roku which I have hard wired into my router. I also have a really good internet connection (100Mbps down, 30Mbps up), so I'm hoping I'll be OK.

Got an update on my 360. Seems like it's working a little better than it was with less buffering and such. Still works better on my laptop than on the xBox, though, so to be safe I'll be watching Mania via the laptop plugged in to the TV rather than the xBox.

• Like 1

Plan A: My friend's Xbox.

Plan B: My ps3.

Plan C: His laptop

Plan D: Uh... My phone?

You may joke, but the constantly smoothest live stream I've ever gotten has been on my phone.

• Like 1

I'm not too sure on how I feel about tomorrow's live stream.  Lately, I've had problems with VOD stuff a little and I have to imagine anywhere from 100,000 to 500,000 people will be logged in tomorrow night.  This could end up a big disaster.  MLB.tv is a good company but I highly doubt they have that many people watching a live game at once.  They probably have their most users during the free game of the day but I can't imagine it's going to be as many as Mania will have.