DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

For those needing their New Jack ECW matches:

When the WWE Network launched, a number of ECW PPVs featured segments involving New Jack edited out. At the time, we reported that this was due to a musical rights issue as WWE did not have the rights to the iconic Dr. Dre/Ice Cube song "Natural Born Killaz" which ECW used for years as Jack's theme song. Complicating that was that WWE was unable to edit the music off without losing the original commentary audio, so the matches were removed.

Over the last 24 hours, the ECW PPVs featuring Jack's matches were pulled from the Network and replaced with a new version of the show. Jack's appearances have returned, but with a new hip hop style instrumental song playing during his brawls and new voiceovers from Joey Styles replacing the old commentary, which originally featured Styles and Cyrus.

Actually removing Cyrus from the commentary may be an upgrade 

Can they go back and have Joey redo the commentary of *every* ECW PPV and remove Cyrus?   That'd be great.

I only watch on the weekends, work all week, but I'm still waiting for them to add more WCW shows or any WCW shows. 

I've never heard of the PWO board, but I'm curious about this Will guy someone mentioned. 

Hell, a new PPV per month is worth the price alone. Plus, NXT. I guess I can understand not being into the current product but.. well actually I can't understand it. The in-ring content is amazing every single week. You give me any roster over time and I might still go with WWE in 2014. Its that fucking good.

Yeah. I mean, I have a billion DVDs of everything too, but it's still ten clams a month for every PPV. It's saving me money.

So someone on the WWE Network reddit pointed out that somehow, WWE actually uses alternate (improved) camera angles for certain shows. Some examples include: Bret v. Owen from the WrestleMania 10 rewind with the overhead ladder usage being used, Daniel Bryan v. John Cena from SummerSlam with the hard cam showing Bryan hitting the running knee, and Rock vs. HHH from Backlash 2000 with a different shot of Austin hitting Vince McMahon with the chair, apparently cutting to HHH coming in with a chair after Austin's hit as opposed to the original which showed Austin struggling to get up.

Personally, I think that's fantastic. I mean, maybe it takes away from the 'purity' of everything, but I'm fine with new/alternate camera shots if they're an improvement over the original shots.

Anybody with a Roku (Specificially, I'm using the Roku 2 XS) having trouble watching SummerSlam 92? It works fine on my laptop but not on the Roku. Each time I try to watch the event from the beginning, it shows the final second before fading to black. I tried logging out and logging back in but it didn't fix the issue. I removed the channel and added it back, still didn't work.

So someone on the WWE Network reddit pointed out that somehow, WWE actually uses alternate (improved) camera angles for certain shows. Some examples include: Bret v. Owen from the WrestleMania 10 rewind with the overhead ladder usage being used, Daniel Bryan v. John Cena from SummerSlam with the hard cam showing Bryan hitting the running knee, and Rock vs. HHH from Backlash 2000 with a different shot of Austin hitting Vince McMahon with the chair, apparently cutting to HHH coming in with a chair after Austin's hit as opposed to the original which showed Austin struggling to get up.

Personally, I think that's fantastic. I mean, maybe it takes away from the 'purity' of everything, but I'm fine with new/alternate camera shots if they're an improvement over the original shots.

But it's fucking ridiculous that now Wrestlemania X-7 ends with Steve Austin beating the hell out of The Rock with a walkie-talkie.

• Like 4

This week's schedule looks horrible, in terms of old shows.  I just got done watching the RAW with the IC Title Battle Royal and now I want to see Martel/Ramon and I've got to wait until at least next week.  Of course, it is Mania week and they've got a lot of live stuff but I'd still love it if they'd put a couple old shows up.

Bix initially brought this up on Twitter, and he's right, WWE really needs to add some sort of recently added feature. Would make it a lot easier to find stuff than scrolling through the vault and wondering if certain things are new or not.

Actually, I looked on Reddit and they added several ECW TVs, so I stand corrected.  I just want my damn Martel/Ramon, I guess!

EDIT:For anyone wondering, just search for the subreddit, wwenetwork.  Someone usually posts what is new every day there.

fuck, they've taken out the crowd chanting/singing "Enter Sandman" during ONS 2005. I get the music being taken out, but the fans chanting along to the song really made that entrance feel special.

I'm surprised it was there to begin with. Usually when there's music dubbing going on, they're unable to keep the actual crowd reactions and have to insert a generic audience track.