DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Okay - we need to split threads because this is ridiculous now.

This thread is for those folks who are still having issues logging on, etc and for folks who have general questions or comments and such

For Example of things that probably should be discussed here

1) For as far as folks can tell the ROKU app and the 360 app are still boned

2) Are all the old NXT episodes up on the Network to watch? I know that yesterday was the last first run episode of NXT on Hulu so I am trying to figure out when they will be gone on Hulu. So if they are already on the Network - that will make my choice easier

3) Someone (I think it was in one of the WON updates but it could have been PWInsider or Wade Keller) basically said that if you are planning on getting the Network to watch Mania - it's better to get in soon as opposed to waiting like day of... since there probably will be a 2nd crush of people trying to register.

@RhymesWithPen: For those of you having #WWENetwork issues via Roku. Uninstall and reinstall the channel, then reboot the device. I was told that fixes it.

I don't have Roku, so I can't test if this works or not, but I thought I'd copy it for some of you.

Yeah among "solutions" the usual ones that don't really work are:

1.  Remove and reinstall the channel (has never worked)

2.  If you are logged in on any device then logout and then try to access.  Like logging in your phone app would have any impact on your roku device   :rolleyes:

I purchased a Roku 2 XS leading up to the launch of the Network. A few weeks back I fiddled with it a bit. It really is a piece of crap.  

Netflix has been around for a while now and watching it on your tv is traditionally one of the main selling points of the Roku. The Netflix App itself looks like its circa 2010. There is a search feature that doesn't work. All you can do is pick things which show up on the main menu or exit the App and do a search of all Roku programming and hope what you find is on Netflix.

To get Netflix to stream properly I had to get a longer HDMI cable and move the Roku 10 feet closer to my router.  I also had to make sure no other devices (i.e. my PS3) were on and using bandwith. With this setup, Netflix works 80% of the time.

If Netflix, a billion dollar company which has been around for years can't get their search feature running on the Roku it's naïve to think that the problems with the Network are a quick fix.

I'm curious how the Network would work on the device if it was literally hooked up to the cable modem.

Yeah, I have two Rokus in my house. A Roku3 in the LR - hard wired to the router - and a Roku1 in the boudoir running on wifi, which is a few rooms over.

The low end Netflix interface on the Roku1 is definitely sparse, but I literally never have a problem with it unless EVERYONE is having issues with Netflix. I blame your router.

• Like 1

General question, but what's the state of older content currently? I've been getting back into pro wrestling lately, and the Network sounds like a great investment. But, I'm wondering if I should wait until they have more old WWF/WCW/ECW/WCCW/AWA, etc. content on the Network, or if a bunch of that is present already? Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I have two Rokus in my house. A Roku3 in the LR - hard wired to the router - and a Roku1 in the boudoir running on wifi, which is a few rooms over.

The low end Netflix interface on the Roku1 is definitely sparse, but I literally never have a problem with it unless EVERYONE is having issues with Netflix. I blame your router.

I have no problems whatsoever with my Netflix account on my Roku 1 box.  WWE network VOD is still giving it fits though.  Streaming is perfectly fine and very nice at times. 

General question, but what's the state of older content currently? I've been getting back into pro wrestling lately, and the Network sounds like a great investment. But, I'm wondering if I should wait until they have more old WWF/WCW/ECW/WCCW/AWA, etc. content on the Network, or if a bunch of that is present already? Thanks for the help.

Not much old tv yet. A bit of WCCW and ecw tv, some old raws. Some msg shows. As far as I can tell, no awa at all yet.

• Like 1

According to Meltzer, NXT will still be on Hulu but will air on delay there on Friday nights instead of Wednesday nights.

I feel all the more justified with the cat since losing NXT was my big worry.

Well this week is kind of an issue because I guess last week's show will show up on Hulu after the NXT Arrival show which kind of sucks.  

According to Meltzer, NXT will still be on Hulu but will air on delay there on Friday nights instead of Wednesday nights.

I feel all the more justified with the cat since losing NXT was my big worry.

Even though I am ridiculously behind - NXT is the tipping point for my purchase.

Once it is gone from Hulu, I better damn sure have the Network.

Not much old tv yet. A bit of WCCW and ecw tv, some old raws. Some msg shows. As far as I can tell, no awa at all yet.

Thanks, that's mainly what I'm holding out for. I have little doubt I'll eventually start paying attention to the present day stuff, but it's not a priority for me right now.

So has the XBOX version been fixed yet? Won't get home until later

Doesn't seem to be working yet. I tried again an hour ago and still get the Password error. I can't seem to find any info or official statements from WWE or Microsoft about it, so have no idea what's going on or when it will be fixed. Hopefully soon, though.

Matt you are killing me by posting this at PWO and not here :-)

Per WON

Essentially, the technical reason some things did and didn’t work, or didn’t work on different devices was because for both video-on-demand and live streams, WWE and MLBAM are using a content distribution network of a number of caching services in various locations around the country. These servers bring content geographically closer to a user requesting it. But they only serve what is expected to be the most popular content. That’s why the live stream has few problems, but some video-on-demand material that they didn’t expect there would be much interest in, such as WCW and ECW PPVs, have had more problems. When a user requests content not part of the local cache, the cache has to request it, taking time and server resources.

And Dave just posted this on the site

Clarification on PPVs on the WWE Network

Because of various rumors and questions being asked, this is the situation with pay-per-view replays on the network.

Essentially, all PPVs from this point forward will be on the network.  The 30-day window of not putting the show up that is the case with Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber will not apply to WrestleMania, or any shows going forward. 

Those two shows were part of previous agreements with cable companies that did not give WWE the right to put the shows up or release them elsewhere for 30 days.  Royal Rumble should be up on the network today or tomorrow and Chamber on around March 25th.

All shows going forward will be available as video-on-demand content shortly after the completion of the show.

And Dave just posted this on the site

Clarification on PPVs on the WWE Network

Because of various rumors and questions being asked, this is the situation with pay-per-view replays on the network.

Essentially, all PPVs from this point forward will be on the network.  The 30-day window of not putting the show up that is the case with Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber will not apply to WrestleMania, or any shows going forward. 

Those two shows were part of previous agreements with cable companies that did not give WWE the right to put the shows up or release them elsewhere for 30 days.  Royal Rumble should be up on the network today or tomorrow and Chamber on around March 25th.

All shows going forward will be available as video-on-demand content shortly after the completion of the show.

So will the ppv's not be available as they're on? So I'd have to wait a day to watch WM?