DVDVR Message Board

TNA Destination X

Why is Khali even being mentioned? He's a 7'3 400 lbs monster that can crush basketballs with his bare hands and knock out The Undertaker with an overhead chop. How is he in any form not a credible world champion?

Meanwhile, Dolph Ziggler has a smooth .000 win percentage as world champion and the only person he can defeat is Kofi Kingston or Heath Slater.

• Like 2

My biggest gripe with Khali as champ was I thought it should've been Mark Henry since it was leading to a title match with Batista and Mysterio and they could've played off Henry putting Batista out when he had to surrender the title which Mysterio eventually won at WrestleMania.  I also thought it should've been Henry instead of Angle defending against Mysterio and Orton at that WM though.

Ziggler really might be the worst Kay Fab World Champion.  Two title reigns, zero clean title wins and zero succesful title defenses plus he sat out a month including missing a scheduled defense.

Without cuasing major drama all I was trieing to say is at that point in time maybe he wasn't who WCW needed as champ yeah I know Bret had a concussion and Beniot had abruptly left but what about WCW "lifers" like DDP or Sting

My biggest gripe with Khali as champ was I thought it should've been Mark Henry since it was leading to a title match with Batista and Mysterio and they could've played off Henry putting Batista out when he had to surrender the title which Mysterio eventually won at WrestleMania.  I also thought it should've been Henry instead of Angle defending against Mysterio and Orton at that WM though. Ziggler really might be the worst Kay Fab World Champion.  Two title reigns, zero clean title wins and zero succesful title defenses plus he sat out a month including missing a scheduled defense.

Henry was put in big positions in early 2006 and bombed terribly.

Things were really bad and nobody wanted to be the face of the company at that point. I remember reading that Jarrett refused to win the title.Which is strange since things were worse when he won the title months later.  

Henry was put in big positions in early 2006 and bombed terribly

The Rumble match with Angle was bad, but that was Angle refusing to change his match template. The Taker casket match was good. 

Things were really bad and nobody wanted to be the face of the company at that point. I remember reading that Jarrett refused to win the title.Which is strange since things were worse when he won the title months later.  

Henry was put in big positions in early 2006 and bombed terribly

The Rumble match with Angle was bad, but that was Angle refusing to change his match template. The Taker casket match was good. 

I watched the latter match earlier in the year. It's underrated.

To follow up on my point from a few days ago about Sabin being an awful champion...

• I'd take Dolph over him. Dolph is at least over with the crowd. He is a superior worker. He has more charisma. Literally every tangible aspect of pro wrestling, Dolph is light years ahead of Sabin.
  • Khali as a worker is horrible, but in his original build up to winning the title he was presented in a way that made him credible. I have no problem with him having the relatively short reign that he did.
  • I'm not going to count "world" champions like the Colorado Kid. The NWA title from '94 on isn't worth talking about in this discussion.
  • If you want my top 5 worst world champions of the last 30 years, here you go (in no particular order): Sabin, Swagger, Ezekiel Jackson (if you count his ECW title win), Justin Credible, and Xavier.

Sabin just has nothing that makes him world champion material. He has virtually no charisma. He's an above average worker, but not a great worker by any stretch. He's not a great promo. He's not one of those guys who the hardcore fan base has been begging to see "break out" for years. He didn't have a great build up or storyline leading into the title win. Everything about him screams, to quote Kevin Nash, "vanilla midget."

• Like 1

Miz is awful, but still much more credible than Sabin.

Sabin headlining Bound For Glory as Champ would be TNA's equivalent to Miz headlining Wrestlemania as Champ and Sabin feuding with Al Snow for the title will be their equivalent to Miz feuding with Lawler so both will most likely happen

Sabin is at least a talented wrestler, and his offensive charisma is at least white-bread-boring instead of Miz's garbage-heap-in-the-sun obnoxious.  So I don't see where people get off throwing Sabin under the guy who might be the worst talent on the WWE roster.  Especially when Sabin just won it.

As for how awful Bully was with the title, I think that can be chalked up to how God awful the Crazy Eights storyline has been and how directionless the overall show is.  Bully's reign was 130 days.  Cena is currently at 111, and he had a lengthly feud with Ryback, a monster-of-the-week with Mark Henry, and is gearing up for a feud with Danielson.  What notable obstacles has Bully overcome?  One match with Sting?  Bully probably deserves less blame for how lousy he's been than TNA creative does.

Sabin is at least a talented wrestler, and his offensive charisma is at least white-bread-boring instead of Miz's garbage-heap-in-the-sun obnoxious.  So I don't see where people get off throwing Sabin under the guy who might be the worst talent on the WWE roster.  Especially when Sabin just won it. As for how awful Bully was with the title, I think that can be chalked up to how God awful the Crazy Eights storyline has been and how directionless the overall show is.  Bully's reign was 130 days.  Cena is currently at 111, and he had a lengthly feud with Ryback, a monster-of-the-week with Mark Henry, and is gearing up for a feud with Danielson. What notable obstacles has Bully overcome? One match with Sting?  Bully probably deserves less blame for how lousy he's been than TNA creative does.

A TLC match against Hardy and the No DQ match against Sting were his only Title defenses before losing it to Sabin. But in all fairness to Bully, eversince TNA dropped the monthly PPVs they have not being doing many Title matches.