DVDVR Message Board

TNA Destination X

In my mind I don't think TNA could've put their world title on a worse guy than Sabin. I can't adequately express how shitty of a professional wrestler I think Chris Sabin is. When he was teaming with Shelley in the Machine Guns he dragged Shelley down from legitimately being one of the best wrestlers in the world to being a shitty Chris Sabin clone and thus unwatchable.

However, Kurt Angle's idea to turn Sabin into Pigpen from The Peanuts was terrific.

This was an outstanding show. Everything other than one three way delivered the goods. Glad to see Sabin with the title. Shame it didn't happen in a better match. Great way to cap off a fun birthday for me today.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/07/tna-impact-7-18-13-destination-x.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r7p31j2ajow4l54ybc1r5t3ywbs87zey

• Like 1

Mickie James is so good right now in this new heel persona. Too bad they've gutted the division.

Yea, she's totally been rejuvenated. Hopefully, they bring some more women in because she's pretty much "been there/done that" with all but Tessmacher.

Yea, she's totally been rejuvenated. Hopefully, they bring some more women in because she's pretty much "been there/done that" with all but Tessmacher.

Mickie/Taryn would be a fresh new feud as well.

Mickie James has only had a couple of matches with ODB in TNA and nothing as part of an extended feud. TNA can easily dip once again into the well of "wrestler disrespects referee" and have ODB return to competing regularly when Mickie James pushes her too far.

It seems to be his real last name. It doesn't seem like a good business practice to let guys come in and use their real names.

Well, it makes a perfect amount of sense if you aren't using the guy long term, and/or cannot afford to trademark names right now *and* pay everyone.

Honestly, how many guys that are worth a damn in TNA are using gimmicks TNA trademarked/owns? Brutus Magnus?  Robbie E? What difference does it make, when if they jump to WWE, they would get a new name anyway. 

Apparently this show did the best Impact # in a long time in terms of total viewers, so there was interest in Sabin challenging for the title and a show advertised as X-Division centric

I thought Sabin's title win was a nice moment to reward him and the longtime fans of the promotion.  It will be a short reign, but there's nothing wrong with that at all.  Bully Ray wasn't setting the world on fire, and this might establish Sabin as someone for the casual fan to care about

I thought Sabin's title win was a nice moment to reward him and the longtime fans of the promotion.  It will be a short reign, but there's nothing wrong with that at all.

I'd like to happen to Christopher Daniels at some point. Never thought Chris Sabin would ever become TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Well, it makes a perfect amount of sense if you aren't using the guy long term, and/or cannot afford to trademark names right now *and* pay everyone.

Honestly, how many guys that are worth a damn in TNA are using gimmicks TNA trademarked/owns? Brutus Magnus?  Robbie E? What difference does it make, when if they jump to WWE, they would get a new name anyway. 

Well I mean the only reason WWE or TNA trademark names is so they can own wrestlers. It is the closest they can get to having indentured servants. 

Well I mean the only reason WWE or TNA trademark names is so they can own wrestlers. It is the closest they can get to having indentured servants. 

I agree 100% that this is an aspect of it, but I honestly think that it was originally a by-product of the merchandising end of it.  They wanted to own the way a guy was presented and looked, so that it was consistent with the merchandising model.  I think THAT turned into "characters", which then became "intellectual property".  I think that for a lot of the naive guys in the business (most of them), the threat of having to start "from scratch" with no "name" if they leave is a very real thing. 

I know I'm tardy to the party and all, but Chris Sabin for my money might be the worst "World" champion ever. Obviously guys like David Arquette or Vince Russo would be "worse" but as far as legit wrestlers... I seriously can't think of anyone over the past 30+ years any worse.

I know I'm tardy to the party and all, but Chris Sabin for my money might be the worst "World" champion ever. Obviously guys like David Arquette or Vince Russo would be "worse" but as far as legit wrestlers... I seriously can't think of anyone over the past 30+ years any worse.

Jack Swagger has to be up there for worst ever.

Mick Foley in 2009 and Mike Rapada in 2000.

Please explain why he is the worst. It would help if you gave examples of other wrestlers in the bottom five and explained how Sabin is worse than the others.

Sabin's not even the worst TNA World Champion.

Foley.  Anderson twice.  Hell, Bully Ray.  He was great for most of 2012.  He's pretty much been the shits since he got the title though.

Hope they let Sabin run with it to BFG.  He can drop it to emo Styles and move that storyline forward already.

They can toss Bully into some kind of multi-man with A&8 against the MEM and put everybody out of their misery and finish off the Aces & Eights storyline.