DVDVR Message Board

TNA Destination X

Hopefully my thread gets deleted so I will just put what I said here :ph34r:

Am I wrong to think this was the TNA equivalent of Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan.  Bully Ray completely squashed Sabin and he needed a hammer to pin Bully. Then the celebration was almost an afterthought.

I will say that the build up to Sabin/Bully match was great with all the stories and the pep talks.  But the match just screams one or two week champion. 

Hopefully my thread gets deleted so I will just put what I said here :ph34r:

Am I wrong to think this was the TNA equivalent of Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan.  Bully Ray completely squashed Sabin and he needed a hammer to pin Bully. Then the celebration was almost an afterthought.

I will say that the build up to Sabin/Bully match was great with all the stories and the pep talks.  But the match just screams one or two week champion. 

I don't think you are wrong at all. Sabin got absolutely nothing in and the win looked like a total fluke.

The absolute best part of the show was the complete lack of Taz. Everything else with the exception of Gail and Mickie was downhill. But what else can you expect with a show dedicated to the division that TNA gives absolutely no fucks about? 

I went from thinking Sabin had no shot, to thinking surprise win and short reign when Bully spent forever working the knee, since a face with Sabin's backstory HAS to win, to thinking no-contest with all the run-ins, then back to two week (or whenever Bully cashes in his *sigh* rematch clause) reign.

EDIT: Oh, and it would be hilarious if TNA puts the X title on either Dutt (to fuck with RoH) or Trent Barretta (for the WHY DO THEY ALWAYS PUSH WWE CAST-OFFS?! freakouts).

So they're really going with Sabin, huh?

Just for a couple of weeks I'm sure.Personally I liked Sabin winning. I think, sorta like the Money in the Bank cash-ins, it was a necessity to get the "Destination X" gimmick over to have the first couple of guys (not just the very first guy) win the belt. Am sure he drops back to Bubba in a few weeks but who cares, it was the right call to get this gimmick over.

Was happy seeing Trent, Sonjay and Rubix back. Suicide II doesnt interest me at all. Aries/Roode was a good match. Main Event Mafia/Ace's and Eight's doesn't interest me at all. Kind of a mixed bag of a show but I really liked how they made the title match seem like a very big deal. Only thing I wish is they had primed the audience for Sabin more, like how they built Aries up for months prior to last year's cash in.

Now that I've got a PVR, I thought I'd finally watch Impact.  Missed the first half.

My quick, uninteresting thoughts

-I love the fact that a dude by the name of Rubix has puzzle pieces on his tights.  Jigsaw Puzzle pieces.  I know that his name is Jigswa, but TNA couldn't afford to buy him a singlet with a cube on it.  It comes across very indie.

-I enjoyed Trent Barreta's outfit (The Bill Murray kneepad SLAYED me) and wrestling but I don't know why TNA gave him such a difficult to pronounce and remember ringname.  I literally couldn't tell you what it was if you had  gun to my head (I wanna say Ralph Maraschino...Joey Mastroianni...).

-Now I know that Sting is the most trusting/dumbest wrestler of all-time, but did he have to make a group of the most trusting/dumbest guys of all-time?  "Hey, there's that guy we were gonna beat up, let's go into through that doorway where they're surely waiting to ambush us!" "Good idea, Sting!"  Also, why didn't Kurt just jump out of the back of the pick-up?  Surely that would be a better alternative to getting kidnapped?  Then when he came back I thought "Oh, here's the big swerve, Kurt's gonna join A&8s..." but, no, he actually just did escape.

-Whether the MEM sticks around or not, Magnus should continue to wear suits.  Dude looked like the biggest star in the ring.  I have a pretty healthy non-homosexual crush on him right now.

-Samoa Joe on the other hand, looked like a used car dealer.

-Didn't really care for the 3-way matches, way too much shit that looked like "Hang on, wait, let me pull this move off, now your turn!".  I thought the NXT 3-way was worked smarter and had more "Holy Shit!" moments (Except for Joey Buttafucco's crazy dive).

-Missed most of the main.  Was surprised they put the title on Sabin, but I can sorta understand why they did it.

Mickie James is so good right now in this new heel persona. Too bad they've gutted the division.

I haven't been watching TNA at all recently (For instance, I had no idea Bobby Roode had cut his hair...) and assumed when Mickie came out that she was still a face and the way she sold everything, like she truly believed it, it took me a while to figure out that she was actually a heel (Which is good for this gimmick!) until the announcers talked over it and hammered the point home with all the subtly of a sledgehammer.  So, yeah, I totally agree.  She's always been better as a heel, though, hasn't she?

I guess it depends. I've always liked her as a heel whether it's Psycho Mickie or this current character but as a face she used to receive the best crowd reactions of all the divas. If for nothing else, WWE should hire her back to work with the new generation of divas.

Exciting show with a hot crowd. Absolutely shocked that they actually put the title on Sabin.. he didn't seem to have near the momentum that Aries did last year. Match was kind of eh but I did like the build with Hogan's and especially Aries' pep talks. Guessing he won't hold it for too long maybe until next month's special Impact. Aries/Roode was a really good match.. love those two together. Great callbacks to last year's match and tons of great sequences. Also enjoyed the Mickie/Gail segment.. agreed that the heel turn has done wonders for Mickie, completely rejuvenating/refreshing her character.

Chavo was. Bobby Roode was doing a BfG series match.

Fine. But Styles, Daniels, and Joe are in the BfG series too. And since they repeatedly said Destination X was to celebrate "The past, present, and future of the X division", I don't know why you'd leave them out.

Fine. But Styles, Daniels, and Joe are in the BfG series too. And since they repeatedly said Destination X was to celebrate "The past, present, and future of the X division", I don't know why you'd leave them out.

Were I to guess, it was so they'd have something to pop the second taping with.

• Like 1

Am I wrong to think this was the TNA equivalent of Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan. Bully Ray completely squashed Sabin and he needed a hammer to pin Bully. Then the celebration was almost an afterthought.

I think they've always been high on Sabin and maybe teaming with Alex Shelley actually held Sabin back from a singles push that people wanted to give him? (Remember Kurt Angle's dirty Sabin idea?)

-I enjoyed Trent Barreta's outfit (The Bill Murray kneepad SLAYED me) and wrestling but I don't know why TNA gave him such a difficult to pronounce and remember ringname. I literally couldn't tell you what it was if you had gun to my head (I wanna say Ralph Maraschino...Joey Mastroianni...).

It seems to be his real last name. It doesn't seem like a good business practice to let guys come in and use their real names.