DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/28/14

victor

Goddammit Batista, you need to pick a look and stick with it? Are you going with mid-00s metro, are you going to be a hipster, are you going to be an "MMA badass?" Come on, man...

I dunno, I'm pretty partial to this incarnation: Batista: World's Biggest Old-Timey Paper Boy: "Extrey! Extrey! Read all about it! Batista hates WWE universe!"

He's clearly wearing tap shoes, so I think he has to go right from there to his NEWSIES audition.

If Orton tried to troll him by revealing secret footage of his dinner theater obsession, I would buy Mania even though I have the network...just to support local theater.

Goddammit Batista, you need to pick a look and stick with it? Are you going with mid-00s metro, are you going to be a hipster, are you going to be an "MMA badass?" Come on, man...

I dunno, I'm pretty partial to this incarnation: Batista: World's Biggest Old-Timey Paper Boy: "Extrey! Extrey! Read all about it! Batista hates WWE universe!"

He's clearly wearing tap shoes, so I think he has to go right from there to his NEWSIES audition.

If Orton tried to troll him by revealing secret footage of his dinner theater obsession, I would buy Mania even though I have the network...just to support local theater.

Batista taking lessons from Aiden English writes itself.

It's crazy to me that every single taping now has 1-2 really good looking matches.

What's even better is that most of the boring guys are now on Main Event so the main two shows are mostly goodness. The fact that Sami Zayn could be added to the mix and Evan Bourne could return to make things even more great is so awesome. Just a shame that we didn't have the goddamn Briscoe Brothers and Chris Hero amongst it all.

Show peaked with the opening Big Dave promo. Batista-Dolph was okay, and Bray's promo ruled. The Shield-Wyatts standoff was good, but I thought having HHH tell everyone to just stop hurt things - even if it did build to Reigns going against him.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/sd-2-28-14.html

Screens -

083d5d311197905.jpg

da7474311197923.jpg

cb0f45311197961.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/brqq7hgtjf836ctwlw355vnofu1jt8u4

When HHH said he had a lot of money invested in all six of them weakened the Wyatt's gimmick, it was an unnecessary line imo.

How? Despite their backwoods craziness, they are a draw. It's best for business to book a rematch with a proper build. If you noticed, neither team really listened to what HHH had to say.

The spoilers didn't read as a complete heel turn for Batista. It still read as a John Cena "love me or hate me, you have the power to choose"

This was not that. It was a complete turn. Dave said fuck the fans and fuck these small guys who think they matter around here, etc... 

Good call to turn him. Now, what to do about Orton.... 

Batista channeling his 2010 heel run was tremendous, ''where are all the real men?''. I still see Bryan getting into the title match at Mania through some sort of stip' if he beats Trips, which would hypothetically rule out Orton returning as a complete face. Bryan speaking on backstage pass hinted to that anyway and would make sense for Bryan to do double duty on the biggest show of the year considering it's been a theme of his since the Summer.

When HHH said he had a lot of money invested in all six of them weakened the Wyatt's gimmick, it was an unnecessary line imo.

How? Despite their backwoods craziness, they are a draw. It's best for business to book a rematch with a proper build. If you noticed, neither team really listened to what HHH had to say.

Yeah that's why i think only that line bothered me, it just makes them look like too much of a product and kills their mystique imo. It's not a big deal since it was just a throwaway line, just felt a bit out of place considering who was in the ring.

I don't know..  you still have to assume everyone is under some kind of contract. As weird as it is to think about The Undertaker sitting down and negotiating a deal, you can't just dismiss the idea that he's making money from being there. Bray needs money to feed his propaganda/cult machine. It doesn't make him any less crazy to me.

• Like 2

I don't know..  you still have to assume everyone is under some kind of contract. As weird as it is to think about The Undertaker sitting down and negotiating a deal, you can't just dismiss the idea that he's making money from being there. Bray needs money to feed his propaganda/cult machine. It doesn't make him any less crazy to me.

Of course, but i prefer when they 'ignore' them with certain characters, just like Taker not making certain appearances in the past to help keep his whole mystique and stuff.