DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 110: Rampage vs. M'Pumbu (2/28/2014) - Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Bellator_110_Rampage_vs._M%27Pumbu_Poste

Bellator 110: Rampage vs. M'Pumbu

February 28, 2014

Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)

Light Heavyweight Tournament Semi-Finals: Quinton Jackson (206)*** vs. Christian M'Pumbu (199.75) - Jackson, KO (punches), R1 (4:34)

Light Heavyweight Tournament Semi-Finals: Muhammad Lawal (205) vs. Mikhail Zayats (205) - Lawal, DEC (unanimous)

Featherweight Tournament Quarter-Finals: Diego Nunes (144.25) vs. Matt Bessette (145.25) - Bessette, DEC (split)

Featherweight Tournament Quarter-Finals: Mike Richman (144.75) vs. Desmond Green (145.75) - Green, DEC (unanimous)

Spike.com/Unaired Preliminary Card:

Featherweight Tournament Quarter-Finals: Goiti Yamauchi (145.25) vs. Will Martinez (144.75) - Martinez, DEC (unanimous)

Featherweight Tournament Quarter-Finals: Daniel Weichel (145.25) vs. Scott Cleve (145) - Weichel, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:46)
Andrew Fisher (145) vs. Saul Almeida (146)** - Almeida, DEC (unanimous)

Egidijus Valavicius (204.25) vs. Atanas Djambazov (204) - Valavicius, KO (Knee and Punches), R1 (0:48)

Ryan Quinn (155.5) vs. Andrew Calandrelli (156)* - Quinn, DEC (unanimous)

Josh Diekmann (246) vs. Manny Lara (259.5) - No Contest (Lara Unable to Continue Due to Accidental Eyepoke), R1 (0:18)

Rico DiSciullo (135.5) vs. Marvin Maldonado (134.25) - No Contest (Maldonado Unable to Continue Due to Illegal Knee), R1 (1:53)

*Weighed in at 156.75 on first attempt

**Weighed in at 146.25 on first attempt

***Weighed in at 206.5 on first attempt

Rating: 880,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Josh Diekmann vs. Chris Birchler - Bout Nixed

Pat Schultz vs. Dave Roberts - Cancelled (Roberts Failed to Make Weight)

Josh Diekmann vs. Chad Herrick - Bout Nixed

Jake Smith vs. Rico DiSciullo - Bout Nixed

Bellator MMA: We're never giving up on trying to set up Rampage/King Mo.

Featherweight tournament looks good though. Glad they're giving Yamauchi a spot in it and glad they gave Nunes a spot too.

Who cares if they don't fight? King Mo has looked horrible since he had those horrible surgeries and stuff. You guys act like Rampage vs. anybody won't do just as good as a King Mo fight. Did King Mo ever get big ratings on Bellator? 

Kinda hard to say without a segment-by-segment breakdown, but I would say average at best looking back at some of the numbers. His summer series card fight with Petruzelli didn't do so hot, but it went up against the Stanley Cup. The Chandler vs. Rickels card with the Noe fight did okay.

Featherweight tournament looks good though. Glad they're giving Yamauchi a spot in it and glad they gave Nunes a spot too.

Sadly, Yamauchi is the main event of the streaming portion.  Maybe it'll be a quick fight so they can squeeze it onto TV.

Sadly, Yamauchi is the main event of the streaming portion.  Maybe it'll be a quick fight so they can squeeze it onto TV.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/fridays-bellator-110-lineup-finalized-yamauchi-vs-martinez-to-main-card/

Pretty good card. The arena looked super packed, and loud. The Nunes/Bessete fight was great, with the hometown boy getting the nod. Mo looked pretty bad, but dragged a DEC out. Rampage fight went just about perfect for Bellator, brutal finish, and great post fight pull apart. 

I don't care if the pull-apart was planned, it was still fun to see.

The best part was you can blatantly see a producer getting Mo during round one of the Rampage fight. That same producer is then holding back Mo with a smile on his face at the end of the show. Was getting flashbacks to the Wandy Chuck hilarious face off. I gotta think Mo Rampage will be on PPV. That's a lot of fighters getting PPV points for one card, especially if Tito is added.

Guest Edwin

"I fought the best fighters in the world. I fought in the UFC and no one could finish me there. I just wasn't ready for Bellator's featherweight division." - Diego Nunes

The pull apart was staged and it's going to be hilarious when they hug it out after the fight.

Dudu/Leone interest me more than any other upcoming Bellator fight.

"I fought the best fighters in the world. I fought in the UFC and no one could finish me there. I just wasn't ready for Bellator's featherweight division." - Diego Nunes

I loved that. Up there with Yves Edwards, before one Pride show, claiming he trains with people who hit harder than anyone's ever been hit. 

Fake brawl or not, there was still infinitely more action in that than King Mo's fight. And I was actually hopeful, based on the premise of King Mo vs Scary Russian. The highlight reel was just a couple of ok takedowns. 

Rampage's promos >>>> Chael's.

Mo had so much promise but he just never took that next step. His fights continually look terrible.

2 be fair, the guy did have basically a life effecting staff infection. I think he hasn't been nearly the fighter since then.