DVDVR Message Board

10 Pro Wrestlers Whose Acting Careers Bombed

Hey so does the link the spammer that hasn't posted since left talk about a lot of these guys doing movies so they can get into SAG and get their awesome benefits package? Because that shit is a success even if the movie bombs.

Yeah I'd say the huuuuuuge majority of wrestlers that do the cheap and/or direct to DVD movies are just lookign for insurance and probably making a little spending money.  Terry Funk talked about it on Austin's podcast, saying people gave him a hard time about doing the occasional movie, but to paraphrase him, he was happy to "go to California for a couple weeks, put some money in his pocket, get insurance for himself and his entire family, then spend the rest of the year wrestling."  And hell, Terry has actually done work in some bigger stuff.  He even spoke about how the coverage would come close to running out so it would be time to do another quick project to keep it going. 

Austin didn't talk about it as much as Terry but he agreed.  And man, wasn't there a time when Austin was doing a direct to DVD movie practically every hour on the hour?  He's no fool.

Obviously Jericho wasn't making Albino Farm thinking "This is it, this is my chance!" More like "Cool, I'll put a little more cash in my account and get medical care paid for."