DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-24-14

MGFanJay

WWE crowds in general are horrible now.

I blame the post-WM show in Jersey. These crowds are awful and the rampant bitching about every fucking little thing on Twitter has gotten really tiresome. The fans' entitlement issues have gotten rapidly out of control, it's one thing to boo or crap on stuff that stinks but the TV crowds seem to be doing it with almost everything now.

Almost everything on this show deserved to be booed.

What exactly is chanting "Randy Savage," "Jerry," etc during Reigns/Bray accomplishing?

Every time someone who isn't Bryan or Cesaro wrestles and doesn't tear the house down in a MOTY candidate, they deserve to be crapped on? Because that's now all but basic standard operating procedure for WWE TV/PPV audiences.

How fucking ridiculous does Batista look with the Gracie academy logo on its tights? Like does he realize how lame he looks trying to pass his 46-year-old self off as some legit MMA tough guy when you've got BROCK FUCKING LESNAR on the same show?

Not as ridiculous as 48-year-old Undertaker coming out looking like a Mortal Kombat character & thinking he's a zombie in 2014 against said Brock Lesnar.

• Like 1

The most retarded decision since, I dunno when the fuck ever. The two most dominant beasts in both of their factions, pushed to the high heavens for months, sent out in the cold spot right before the main event with no fucking build-up whatsoever. WHY? pissed me off more than any of the Bryan shit

yeah, it's like someone got hurt an hour before so they had to cover for that

Paul Heyman saying "In the WWE, you can get whatever you want except the thing you want." was like taking a huge fistful of salt and rubbing it right into the open wound that is the Yes Movement.

I kinda want Paul Heyman to just blatantly try recruiting Daniel Bryan now

next week in Chicago, the Wyatt family abducts Aaron Paul and makes him their cook.

All other angles are irrelevant

Only if my dream of Michael Chiklis coming in as The Shield's mentor comes true.

Backstage interviewer: Do you know what you've done, unleashing The Shield on the WWE?

Chiklis: ...I've done worse...

• Like 2

Nah, if anything they should push WrestleMania even harder because now it is a huge selling point for the network... 

They truly thought people would be into Batista and maybe they would have been if he was involved in anything else other than the title. That's where it fell apart. They got Batista/Orton stuck in their head and wrongly expected people to be cool with Bryan having a match further down the card.. 

At this point, I do think Bryan/HHH is the better route because a win over HHH would probably be bigger than a win over Batista or Orton who nobody seems to care about. Seeing how there's no title though...  well, it's not going to satisfy everyone that's for sure.

I was all in on Bray/Cena but now that could be in jeopardy. Maybe they can go back to Wyatts/Shield if Cena is out.. 

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT MORE EXCITED THAT THEY'RE ABOUT TO TURN AND PUSH CESARO!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?!?!

Because he'll feud with Jack Swagger, start telling lame jokes as a babyface & have to take a backseat to Randy Orton, John Cena, Batista, The Authority & everyone else.

Putting Reigns out there alone against Wyatt wasn't about them.  It wasn't the big Roman Reigns debut. 

In the end what it did do is allow The Shield's breakup to continue to happen but to be way more deftly handled than I would ever give them credit for.  They moved it forward in the backstage thing, but then they pulled back a little when Dean showed up to fight by their side.

That didn't work without sending someone out there one on one.

As far as I'm concerned, the WWE is basically the epic morality play of The Shield right now, with a B story involving a small angry bearded man.

• Like 1

How ridiculous is it that they actually sent Bryan out there and had him say, "Do you hear them?!! Give the WWE Universe what they all want!!!! <then demands a match against Triple H, which nobody actually wants>"

I mean, of all the ways to set that match up, you go with that? Jesus. You could feel the crowd wince after that one before they started YES'ing along with him.

I guess it's all part of his grand story arc, culminating in him finally getting his long-awaited "Summerslam moment" in six months, right Greggulator?

I don't know exactly how someone can feel a crowd wince. I did see the entire arena eating out of Bryan's hands, just as they have for the past nine months.

Like I said in another thread -- I will rip this angle to shreds if Bryan doesn't have the belt after SummerSlam.

He has threatened HHH a bunch of times. This isn't some angle that came out of left field. Bryan vs. HHH has been the driving part of the story.  I know for some reason HHH's involvement in anything gets wrestling fans with access to public libraries upset and everything, but beating HHH at WM is a huge f'n thing. You know who couldn't do it twice? Taker.

Is it possible they threw Roman/Bray out there because they weren't planning on Cena being hurt?

nah, that'd be suggesting the WWE creative aren't a bunch of total morans but that they had to get around the possibility that they had to change the main event match suddenly

Also, I loved the hilarity of Randy Orton getting a face pop for coming out during the Batista match. Just watch this match morph from "shitty heel Randy Orton v. shitty face Batista" to "shitty face Randy Orton v. quality heel Batista"

Which could always mean a Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan v. HHH (or HHH Surrogate)/Batista TV main event

How ridiculous is it that they actually sent Bryan out there and had him say, "Do you hear them?!! Give the WWE Universe what they all want!!!! <then demands a match against Triple H, which nobody actually wants>"

I mean, of all the ways to set that match up, you go with that? Jesus. You could feel the crowd wince after that one before they started YES'ing along with him.

I guess it's all part of his grand story arc, culminating in him finally getting his long-awaited "Summerslam moment" in six months, right Greggulator?

I don't know exactly how someone can feel a crowd wince. I did see the entire arena eating out of Bryan's hands, just as they have for the past nine months.

Like I said in another thread -- I will rip this angle to shreds if Bryan doesn't have the belt after SummerSlam.

He has threatened HHH a bunch of times. This isn't some angle that came out of left field. Bryan vs. HHH has been the driving part of the story.  I know for some reason HHH's involvement in anything gets wrestling fans with access to public libraries upset and everything, but beating HHH at WM is a huge f'n thing. You know who couldn't do it twice? Taker.

Taker beat HHH three times at WrestleMania last I checked.

I'm not against HHH/Bryan, at least not entirely and assuming Bryan decisively triumphs, but HHH is only 8-9 on the show all time. It's the one night of the year he's semi-giving.

Taker beat Trips at Mania three times, actually.

As I said last night, the only correct end to this story is Bryan winning the belt at Mania. Anything else is wrong for the story they've been telling.

• Like 4

I CHOOSE TO SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SEE!!!!

I'm Greggulating this mother.

I am totally down with that becoming a word meaning ignoring the obvious reality in favor of the fantasy you want to believe is true. Also it's way more PG than "battered woman syndrome".

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for Bryan/HHH either.    Maybe it shouldn't have taken so long, but HHH always had to be the last obstacle before Bryan getting the "clean" title shot or whatever.  It hurts it that he's had so many shots, but HHH was always supposed to be the last wall to climb.

Plus, whatever match he's in will be put over huge.  It will get a lot of time, and it will be a great great match in itself.

The big but is...if H goes over him...fuck that.  That's not how the story goes.

• Like 1

The live crowd couldn't have cared any less for the HHH-Bryan announcement. They want one thing - Bryan as champion. That's it. Nothing else will serve as a consolation prize.

This thing needs to fucking end already. The jerking around of Bryan is bleeding through and effecting everything else on the show because the crowds are becoming so damn apathetic to it all.

Six months ago it was "If Bryan isn't champ at Wrestlemania..." (not saying by you, just the general "wait and see" talking point) and now it's Summerslam?

The underdog story needs to end now. Everyone is ready for it to end and see him get his moment. What logical sense does it make to drag this out six more months? This is what Wrestlemania is for. That's when you end stories like this. That's when you give Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin and Daniel Bryan that big win that finally gets them over the hump.

What are they waiting for?

• Like 4

The most retarded decision since, I dunno when the fuck ever. The two most dominant beasts in both of their factions, pushed to the high heavens for months, sent out in the cold spot right before the main event with no fucking build-up whatsoever. WHY? pissed me off more than any of the Bryan shit

yeah, it's like someone got hurt an hour before so they had to cover for that

Considering how many midcarders they never use are on the roster, you'd think that they'd have some standby matches lined up in case someone gets hurt. It seems like that'd be a smarter move than sending the guys you expect to carry the company in the future out there to be exposed. Shit, throw a Divas match out there. It's not like the crowd would've reacted any worse.

I knew they were leading up to Bryan vs HHH but they kind of threw it out there so sudden, now Kane is out. 

A Pen impaled through the hand doesn't strike me as PG, but they did have it sticking out of the wrong end of the hand on the Network feed. 

Brain fart in my writing there. Ugh. I have no idea what I was trying to say.

Beating HHH is a huge, huge, huge thing. You know how everyone gripes about HHH getting on all the DVD covers and the like? Well, guess what that makes him? One of the kayfabe best. Beating him on the biggest stage is huge.

AND, also, keep in mind there are still plenty of ways to make it a three way match.

i don't hate HHH-Bryan but it just goes to show what a fucking mess of the booking they've made of things.

The CORRECT way to have booked this run-up was to have put Bryan over as Champion months ago and then keep HHH antagonizing him, basically sending Orton or whomever after Bryan to "get his belt back." The end result is HHH is all like "Fuck it, I'll do it myself" and has Bryan defend against him at Mania.

This match just feels like yet ANOTHER way to pad out keeping Bryan strong while still not giving him the place he deserves.

And they've had shitty crowds for eons. It has nothing to do with Bryan not winning Royal Rumble or vanquishing all his foes in the Raw after SummerSlam. It is what it is -- some crowds buy into the product and are fun, others crap on Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns. How do you work around that? Or even predict it?

I don't get the hate for Bryan/HHH either.    Maybe it shouldn't have taken so long, but HHH always had to be the last obstacle before Bryan getting the "clean" title shot or whatever.  It hurts it that he's had so many shots, but HHH was always supposed to be the last wall to climb.

Plus, whatever match he's in will be put over huge.  It will get a lot of time, and it will be a great great match in itself.

The big but is...if H goes over him...fuck that.  That's not how the story goes.

You're right, but he should be getting his "clean" title shot at Wrestlemania. So whatever obstacle he had to clear to get there should have been cleared at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber.