DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-24-14

MGFanJay

I got it.  Run an angle in the coming weeks that show Orton getting more and more scared about facing Batista. Then two weeks before Mania Orton goes off the deep end and cracks Batista in the arm with a pipe breaking it.  Trips faced with a decision gets stars in his eyes and wants another shot at being champ inserts Orton into his match and makes it for the title.  Bryan then wins at Mania going over his two biggest antagonists for the last how many months.  Day is saved.

HHH has a bullshit win over Daniel Bryan. Hulk Hogan comes out and says that his contract to be host at Wrestlemania gives him the power to restart the match and to add the stipulation that if Daniel Bryan wins, then he gets added to the title match. HHH looks to the back for help. The New Age Outlaws come out but are stopped by the Usos before they can reach the ring. The Wyatts make their entrance, but the Shield comes in and they brawl to the back. Kane comes out but as he stands and stares at the ring, Cena hobbles out on crutches and whacks him over the head. Bryan makes HHH tap.

During the main event, in a reversal of all those times when HHH made the lockerroom stand at the entrance while he made a point, the locker room (or at least the babyface half of it) comes out to watch the main event. Big Show drags out a battered and taped-up HHH to force him to watch. Daniel Bryan wins. The wrestlers join the fans in chanting. Big Show knocks out HHH with a punch and manipulates the unconscious man's arms to move in sync with the crowd.

• Like 10

You guys remember when Triple H went over Sheamus clean at Mania?

Like I said earlier, it's the HHH special. He goes over at the big PPV and loses at the B-PPV where far fewer people are watching and it means far less. Happened to Orton in 2009, Sheamus in 2010, and Lesnar last year. It also happened in 2003 when he beat Goldberg at Summerslam and lost at Unforgiven.

• Like 1

Did Big E almost get dropped on his head during Cesaro's finisher or was I seeing things?

essentially.. he landed on his forearms. Considering Cesaro nailed all his other power spots on Big E, fucking up the Neutralizer seems like a random thing. Watch them switch his finisher to the Giant Swing now

They should have switched his finisher to something else with the name change anyway.  I'm not feeling the Neutralizer especially when a lot of his other moves overshadow it.

• Like 1

Did Big E almost get dropped on his head during Cesaro's finisher or was I seeing things?

essentially.. he landed on his forearms. Considering Cesaro nailed all his other power spots on Big E, fucking up the Neutralizer seems like a random thing. Watch them switch his finisher to the Giant Swing now

They should have switched his finisher to something else with the name change anyway.  I'm not feeling the Neutralizer especially when a lot of his other moves overshadow it.

Yeah, there's a bit of a disconnect when he's murdering guys with European uppercut variations and doing freakish strongman spots and then getting the pin with a lameass facebuster.

• Like 1

can he develop a Samoan Spike and have it be called the Swiss Army Knife?

but in all seriousness. we'll probably have Reigns pinning people with the Superman punch and Cesaro pinning them with Giant Swings. We're moving in a more simplistic direction with finishers in WWEland. One guy wins matches with a running knee, another with a big boot. Not knocking the quality of the moves, but they've moved away from the elaborate 2000s indys moves towards stuff that can actually be used on dudes above 6'0/250lbs

I enjoyed this show tonight, though I'll admit I did fast-forward heavily through some segments (Batista match, Brock/Heyman promo and the interminable amount of time it took Undertaker to get to the ring, I really only needed that first pop).

Surprised at people being down on Bray-Reigns as it felt to me like a real changing of the guard match, the crowd was dogshit, but Bray's various running moves all look nasty and Reigns big stuff looked awesome, too.  

I really wish Raw was more fly-by-the-seat-of-Vince's-pants and when he heard the crowd during Big E/Cesaro went "Well, we're gonna hold off all the awesome stuff (Wyatts/Cena, Bray-Reigns, UT/Lesnar) for a better crowd," and instead rewrote the last hour to feature Hogan coming out and telling the crowd how to order the Network and say "Universe" a bunch  more, then Batista comes out and flexes a bunch, shows the trailer for 'Guardians of the Galaxy', then him and Orton have a rap battle in the ring.  That's what Green Bay deserves!

• Like 2

could Cesaro do a Jackhammer without spurring stupid crowd chants?

Nobody mocks Reigns for the Spear...

I want Cesaro to be stretching people. Give him the Chickenwing or Tazmission and let him just choke people out left and right ala Samoa Joe. I'm also waiting for him to bust out the UFO at Mania too.

• Like 2

I want Cesaro to be stretching people. Give him the Chickenwing or Tazmission and let him just choke people out left and right ala Samoa Joe. I'm also waiting for him to bust out the UFO at Mania too.

well, Reigns is far from the first WWE guy to do a Spear (see: Edge's running hug-tackle).

But the Goldberg chanting for Ryback makes me kinda skeptical of how they'd respond to Cesaro using the Jackhammer. Sure, they like Cesaro and all, but nobody in the WWE has done the Jackhammer regularly since those few weeks where Billy Gunn used the Jackhammer for some reason

The Stretch Muffler (a.k.a. The old Brock Lock) would be badass if he lifted people off the ground.

• Like 1

well, Reigns is far from the first WWE guy to do a Spear (see: Edge's running hug-tackle).

But the Goldberg chanting for Ryback makes me kinda skeptical of how they'd respond to Cesaro using the Jackhammer. Sure, they like Cesaro and all, but nobody in the WWE has done the Jackhammer regularly since those few weeks where Billy Gunn used the Jackhammer for some reason

Yeah.  But when are they going to chant it?  By the time he hits that, the match is over.  They can chant all they want with his music playing and no one will hear them.  And the chanters are so stupid that they won't remember any of this for his entrance next time or earlier in the match.  At least not enough of them for it to become a thing.

So Big E vs. Cesaro was like the greatest match ever.

Oh and hmm... there sure was a whole lotta Emma chanting from that shitturd Green Bay crowd that can eat a bag of hot dicks but I SAW EMMA ONCE AND RAW AND IT WAS GOOFY! SHE WILL NEVER FUCKING GET OVER! I CAN JUDGE EVERYTHING AFTER FIVE SECONDS!!! THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO WAIT AND SEE!!!! THIS IS THE FUCKING INTERNET!!! I CAN TELL YOU THAT SHE SUCKS! THERE IS NO WAY THE CROWD WILL RESPOND TO HER! I MEAN THEY HITCHED HER TO THAT DOUCHENOZZlE SANTINO! THAT PROVES THAT THEY HATE HER AND HAVE NO FAITH IN HER AND THAT THEY DON'T WANT THE CROWD TO RESPOND TO HER!!! I KNOW FUCKING ALL!!! I HAVE WATCHED THE WWE FOR 5 YEARS!!! DON'T FUCKING QUESTION ME!!!!!

... wait... what... sorry... blacked out their for a second

• Like 7

Michael Cole saying "I can't wait to read Twitter during the commercial break" was the funniest thing I've heard on WWE tv in some time. 

I don't want Cena to be hurt (and it sounds like he isn't), but Shield/Wyatts TLC would totally save that card.

The F4W crew are thinking the Cena thing is 100% work. 

This post from WWE.com makes me think it's a work

- WWE.com posted the following update on John Cena's knee injury from Raw…

John Cena's knee was left battered and bruised after a vicious attack on Raw at the hands of all three members of The Wyatt Family. Following the brutal beatdown, the 14-time World Champion was taken to the locker room to be evaluated by WWE trainers.

At this time, WWE medical staff is unsure of the exact nature of the injury. After initial examination, they felt some instability and swelling in Cena's knee, and recommended that the Cenation leader get an MRI. Initially, Cena refused further treatment.

On Raw Backstage Pass on WWE Network, ringside physician Dr. Chris Amann explained that John Cena felt something shift or give in his knee during the confrontation. While he refused treatment at first, Cena was transported to a local medical facility for more evaluation. Cena is still refusing to have an MRI done on his knee.

Bray Wyatt, pleased with the carnage caused by his monstrous family, ominously tweeted later in the night, "The golden calf has been sent out to pasture ...Can you still see him?"

You know how back in the day that people would mock wrestling fans for their stupidity?  I think I now fully understand.

Why are you cheering for a guy who QUIT the company weeks ago?  He didn't get fired.  He didn't get future endeavored.  He quit the company because he wasn't happy with his spot working with The Wyatts and The Shield.  This is a guy coming off an absurdly long WWE title reign and an Undertaker match at Wrestlemania a year ago and I am supposed to be sad for him?  I'm supposed to feel sad for the dumb crowd who paid money KNOWING he wouldn't be there?  

Hey we want NEW talent!  New Talent should always win!  Let's chant for the bleeding Macho Man during matches with Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt since they are so old!  

Lets get all excited that in this fake sport that the fake championship is going to be defended against a guy we don't like!  It's vitally important that this other guy (who is BURIED) get the fake belts!  Despite the fact that the champion and challenger are in the opening segment of the show never to be seen again and the other guy is plastered all over the show, beat up a 7 footer, and is fighting the owner of the company.

This wrestling sucks!  Why do I have to sit through a boring match where a guy catches a 300 pounder mid leap frog and puts him in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker!  I'm sooooo bored!  And then the 300 pounder MURDERS the guy with the corner urange.  Boring!  

I hate people.

Emma is a delight and Summer is the fucking bomb.  I only saw this part in the app and it had like 4 awesome things in it.  

Summer checks with her baby to make sure she is doing things right.

She dance spins Emma into a missed clothesline

Summer 'emma dances' once locked in the Emmalock

Emma flattens Santino in joy!

The Real Americans are awesome.  Yes all three of them and not just Cersaro.  What is the first thing Jack does after drawing the DQ?  He fucking apologizes!    He knows he messed up and takes responsibility.  And Cesaro while clearly mad (and he should be) doesn't just lay him out.  This is nuanced folks.  Yay nuanced, not black-and-white storytelling!  Good thing the announcers were there to ruin it by saying JAck was happy when Big E was winning.  NO HE WASN'T!  Michael Cole can't be the the voice of reason!  He can't!

• Like 4