DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-24-14

MGFanJay

I'm still waiting to see what they do with Orton/Batista.  They may have still been in denial before the show tonight.  But it has to be clear now that something has to happen. 

They can't go heel/heel.

The heat was so bad tonight, Batista had to work heel.

But then he tried the "I love the business and I keep it real" thing

That last attempt was booed to death too.

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

The vibe I got tonight was they're going to try to turn Orton babyface for the match.

What a disaster. Batista can't go five minutes without sucking wind. Which means the only way to really layout the match is have Orton dominate on offense with his wide array of rest holds.

As ridiculous as the "title shot guarantee" in Batista's contract sounded at the time, what other logical reason is there for WWE to be forging ahead with this match?

I have trouble believing this is all some grand, drawn-out plan to get the title on Bryan because he is so clearly in the spot right now that they had CM Punk pegged in before he left.

I mean, they were legitimately, as of a month ago, going to apparently stick their most popular wrestler in a mid-card feud with Sheamus at the biggest show of the year.

Funny enough, this kind of booking actually makes me more eager to spent $9.99 a month on the Network, so I can relive a time when I didn't fucking hate myself for getting so invested in wrestling.

And you say you don't believe this isn't a grand plan.  "It's not suppose to be good."

Trips tapped to Benoit at Wrestlemania for the title, and nobody thought he would do that. Maybe he is feeling generous this year.

I quit the Interwebs 'rasslin scene for years after that because I was such a joyless bastard for the entire match because I assumed Trips was going over.

Apparently I'm the only one here who legit enjoyed this entire show. Took me nearly two hours to watch the thing. The typical garbage announcing and the crowd shitting on the Usos and Bray/Roman were the only things that bothered me. I was so relieved that Bryan wasn't stuck in a Kane feud that I didn't even mind the HHH announcement. Though that segment would have been so much better if Bryan had slapped Hunter.

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

They'll keep the match short, put the title on Batista then have the Taker match go on after him to shut the crowd up.

You would think so, but they already had this gameplan at 25. Taker and Michaels tear it up, then Orton and HHH have arguably the worst WM main event ever.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to see what they do with Orton/Batista.  They may have still been in denial before the show tonight.  But it has to be clear now that something has to happen. 

They can't go heel/heel.

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

I think the only way they can save it at this point is for HHH to go total chicken shit and not want to face Bryan, instead giving him a spot in the title match.  Or run an angle where Batista gets mysteriously injured.

Trips tapped to Benoit at Wrestlemania for the title, and nobody thought he would do that. Maybe he is feeling generous this year.

I quit the Interwebs 'rasslin scene for years after that because I was such a joyless bastard for the entire match because I assumed Trips was going over.

Apparently I'm the only one here who legit enjoyed this entire show. Took me nearly two hours to watch the thing. The typical garbage announcing and the crowd shitting on the Usos and Bray/Roman were the only things that bothered me. I was so relieved that Bryan wasn't stuck in a Kane feud that I didn't even mind the HHH announcement. Though that segment would have been so much better if Bryan had slapped Hunter.

I sort of feel like fans might be more accepting if Daniel Bryan was allowed to slap the Yes Lock on Stephanie.

Is it possible they threw Roman/Bray out there because they weren't planning on Cena being hurt?

I'd be more willing to believe that Ambrose was supposed to be a no-show and Cena was supposed to do a run-in

Oh God.  If Cena's knee cartilage saved us the visual of him holding up Roman's hand, and Roman becoming Brutus Beefcake to his hogan...

FUCK, THANK YOU CHIPPER JONES GHOST!!!!!

I'd like to echo my thoughts from the Elimination Chamber thread on the New Age Outlaws, which are essentially FUCK THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS.

What is the point of them existing on WWE TV? It's a fucking shame that the Uso's, who should be super-over babyfaces, get booed for attacking them, but what do you expect? They still come out every week and do their DX sing-along shtick, let the crowd chant "Suck it" with them and whatnot. The live crowds still love that shit.

Just get them the fuck off TV already, or at least decide if they are going to be heel or babyface.

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I do not have much interest in the WrestleMania card. I don't really care for any of the matchups at all. I don't have stereotypical HHH internet hate, but I honestly could never see him wrestle a match again in my life and be just fine, and that includes rewatches of the HHH matches that I actually like. 

The rest of it, eh. Cena/Wyatt was the most interesting matchup they had, and that's probably shot now. 

The show was okay. Good performers, mediocre booking. This is the story of this company for the past four years. 

Daniel Bryan can win the title at the real biggest show of the year, the Raw after Mania. I'm fine with Bryan/HHH as it's better than Bryan vs Kane being on the big show.

Wyatt/Reigns was just sad. It reminded me of the Corey Graves vs Adrian Neville matches on NXT. Just booked really shitty to expose guys. I'm guessing they did it to see how they would perform when booked to have a bad match?

Cesaro vs Big E was the best thing that happened tonight. Cesaro looked like the biggest star in the company. Even over Bryan.

I'm still waiting to see what they do with Orton/Batista.  They may have still been in denial before the show tonight.  But it has to be clear now that something has to happen. 

They can't go heel/heel.

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

The vibe I got tonight was they're going to try to turn Orton babyface for the match.

What a disaster. Batista can't go five minutes without sucking wind. Which means the only way to really layout the match is have Orton dominate on offense with his wide array of rest holds.

As ridiculous as the "title shot guarantee" in Batista's contract sounded at the time, what other logical reason is there for WWE to be forging ahead with this match?

They're in a no-win situation with Batista. They pretty much have to turn him heel based on the reactions he's been getting. But if they do, he'll have to start carrying the matches, which would be an even bigger disaster from an in-ring standpoint.

I got it.  Run an angle in the coming weeks that show Orton getting more and more scared about facing Batista. Then two weeks before Mania Orton goes off the deep end and cracks Batista in the arm with a pipe breaking it.  Trips faced with a decision gets stars in his eyes and wants another shot at being champ inserts Orton into his match and makes it for the title.  Bryan then wins at Mania going over his two biggest antagonists for the last how many months.  Day is saved.

They can't go heel/heel.

They're in a no-win situation with Batista. They pretty much have to turn him heel based on the reactions he's been getting. But if they do, he'll have to start carrying the matches, which would be an even bigger disaster from an in-ring standpoint.

heel stooging. Batista can just assemble an entourage, have them do a Gracie train down to the ring during matches, then Batista cheats and stalls like a motherfucker. Cheat/stall, face comeback, some more cheating, and then the match either ends with the face winning, or one of the entourage helping Batista cheat his way to victory. It's not exactly carrying a match, but the heel doesn't have to be the workhorse all the time.

Same sort of no-win situation exists with Bryan, because their history with booking smaller champs guarantees that Bryan would be booked like Benoit/Mysterio were when they held belts. The WWE doesn't book smaller face champs very well. They have their type of face champ and it's not a smaller guy who shows vulnerability

Did Big E almost get dropped on his head during Cesaro's finisher or was I seeing things?

essentially.. he landed on his forearms. Considering Cesaro nailed all his other power spots on Big E, fucking up the Neutralizer seems like a random thing. Watch them switch his finisher to the Giant Swing now

I got it.  Run an angle in the coming weeks that show Orton getting more and more scared about facing Batista. Then two weeks before Mania Orton goes off the deep end and cracks Batista in the arm with a pipe breaking it.  Trips faced with a decision gets stars in his eyes and wants another shot at being champ inserts Orton into his match and makes it for the title.  Bryan then wins at Mania going over his two biggest antagonists for the last how many months.  Day is saved.

HHH has a bullshit win over Daniel Bryan. Hulk Hogan comes out and says that his contract to be host at Wrestlemania gives him the power to restart the match and to add the stipulation that if Daniel Bryan wins, then he gets added to the title match. HHH looks to the back for help. The New Age Outlaws come out but are stopped by the Usos before they can reach the ring. The Wyatts make their entrance, but the Shield comes in and they brawl to the back. Kane comes out but as he stands and stares at the ring, Cena hobbles out on crutches and whacks him over the head. Bryan makes HHH tap.

During the main event, in a reversal of all those times when HHH made the lockerroom stand at the entrance while he made a point, the locker room (or at least the babyface half of it) comes out to watch the main event. Big Show drags out a battered and taped-up HHH to force him to watch. Daniel Bryan wins. The wrestlers join the fans in chanting. Big Show knocks out HHH with a punch and manipulates the unconscious man's arms to move in sync with the crowd.

• Like 10