DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-24-14

MGFanJay

He has threatened HHH a bunch of times. This isn't some angle that came out of left field. Bryan vs. HHH has been the driving part of the story.  I know for some reason HHH's involvement in anything gets wrestling fans with access to public libraries upset and everything, but beating HHH at WM is a huge f'n thing. You know who couldn't do it twice? Taker.

I don't get the hate for Bryan/HHH either.    Maybe it shouldn't have taken so long, but HHH always had to be the last obstacle before Bryan getting the "clean" title shot or whatever.  It hurts it that he's had so many shots, but HHH was always supposed to be the last wall to climb.

You're right, it should have been. Bryan should have won the Rumble, and then HHH should have goaded Bryan into a match at EC, putting his title shot on the line, and then Bryan should have won that, then won the title at Mania.

But no. Big Dave's in a movie. That was the better option. So I guess it's back to "wait and see".

• Like 2

The most retarded decision since, I dunno when the fuck ever. The two most dominant beasts in both of their factions, pushed to the high heavens for months, sent out in the cold spot right before the main event with no fucking build-up whatsoever. WHY? pissed me off more than any of the Bryan shit

yeah, it's like someone got hurt an hour before so they had to cover for that

Considering how many midcarders they never use are on the roster, you'd think that they'd have some standby matches lined up in case someone gets hurt. It seems like that'd be a smarter move than sending the guys you expect to carry the company in the future out there to be exposed. Shit, throw a Divas match out there. It's not like the crowd would've reacted any worse.

if someone gets hurt, say 30 seconds into a match in the 1st/2nd hour, that wipes out maybe 8 or 15 minutes of match time. If Cena gets hurt before/during a match, that wipes out 15-20 minutes solid at the end of the 3rd hour. So making up 10-15 minutes in hour 1-2 is a lot easier than making up 20 minutes later in the show. They're not running a 20 minute Divas match at 10:30 EST. But they could run some 8 minute segments in the 2nd hour to eat up some time.

If the crowd doesn't like Reigns/Bray, then that could be an indicator for either one's upward mobility. Or it could be a bitchy crowd just bitching over a perfectly fine match.

I'm pretty sure that whenever Bryan gets the belt, the smark nation in the crowd will find something new to whiz on. Smarks are the new marks

• Like 1

Nah, I don't think Bryan/HHH is the worst thing in the world but you'd have to be crazy to believe they are heading in another direction at this point. Tonight pretty much confirmed it and the Batista/Orton shit in the beginning confirmed their title match. I don't see how anyone could have watched tonight's show and felt that Bryan is still going to be in the title feud.

Brain fart in my writing there. Ugh. I have no idea what I was trying to say.

Beating HHH is a huge, huge, huge thing. You know how everyone gripes about HHH getting on all the DVD covers and the like? Well, guess what that makes him? One of the kayfabe best. Beating him on the biggest stage is huge.

AND, also, keep in mind there are still plenty of ways to make it a three way match

Nobody is deying that beating HHH isn't a big kayfabe deal. It's a match that should happen, just not at Wrestlemania.

It should have been Bryan loses to Bray, comes back later that night and wins the rumble, Triple H goads him into putting his title shot on the line against Trips at EC, he beats Hunter, then beats Orton at Mania

• Like 2

I hope that with his win over Batista tonight, Alberto Del Rio has earned himself a spot in the title match and turns it into a triple threat, just to see the collective outrage of the Daniel Bryan fans.

He'd be the only one in that match getting babyface heat, even if it is sarcastic.

I hope that with his win over Batista tonight, Alberto Del Rio has earned himself a spot in the title match and turns it into a triple threat, just to see the collective outrage of the Daniel Bryan fans.

Alberto Del Rio's "wrestles the same guy over and over" gimmick is weirdly compelling. Batista kills ADR 2 weeks in a row and beats him at the PPV, then ADR gets a win back for some reason.

Heck, have Sandow face Batista and get a win just to really stun people

How fucking ridiculous does Batista look with the Gracie academy logo on its tights? Like does he realize how lame he looks trying to pass his 46-year-old self off as some legit MMA tough guy when you've got BROCK FUCKING LESNAR on the same show?

Not as ridiculous as 48-year-old Undertaker coming out looking like a Mortal Kombat character & thinking he's a zombie in 2014 against said Brock Lesnar.

I feel like if this is what you think, pro wrestling probably isn't for you.

The most outraged I got during this show was when Undertaker didn't use his lightning powers to destroy the contract before choke slamming Lesnar.

I am way more excited for HHH/Bryan than I was for him and Orton over the title. In the long run, this means way more and feels like an actual Wrestlemania moment. He can win the title anywhere.

• Like 1

Nah, I don't think Bryan/HHH is the worst thing in the world but you'd have to be crazy to believe they are heading in another direction at this point. Tonight pretty much confirmed it and the Batista/Orton shit in the beginning confirmed their title match. I don't see how anyone could have watched tonight's show and felt that Bryan is still going to be in the title feud.

False hope & denial. There's still a chance that if Bryan beats Triple H he gets added to the Orton/Batista match & can win the title!! That can make that the stipulation.

Granted I think Bryan just eats a Pedigree, so whatever. Time off for your weddin', bruh.

I just want to know what match they were planning on putting Bryan in at Mania before Punk bailed and they scrapped the suppose it Triple-H/Punk match. 

Something tells me whatever that match would have made people around here even more irritated, haha

It should have been Bryan loses to Bray, comes back later that night and wins the rumble, Triple H goads him into putting his title shot on the line against Trips at EC, he beats Hunter, then beats Orton at Mania

Naw, it's cool. He can just beat Orton clean in the middle on RAW & job out to HHH at Mania. That storytellin'! Wait until Royal Rumble 2016 though, guys!

• Like 1

I have trouble believing this is all some grand, drawn-out plan to get the title on Bryan because he is so clearly in the spot right now that they had CM Punk pegged in before he left.

I mean, they were legitimately, as of a month ago, going to apparently stick their most popular wrestler in a mid-card feud with Sheamus at the biggest show of the year.

Funny enough, this kind of booking actually makes me more eager to spent $9.99 a month on the Network, so I can relive a time when I didn't fucking hate myself for getting so invested in wrestling.

I'm still waiting to see what they do with Orton/Batista.  They may have still been in denial before the show tonight.  But it has to be clear now that something has to happen. 

They can't go heel/heel.

The heat was so bad tonight, Batista had to work heel.

But then he tried the "I love the business and I keep it real" thing

That last attempt was booed to death too.

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

This is supposed to be their Rock/Cena this year.  They have to do something to save it. And I'm kind of curious to see what. 

They'll keep the match short, put the title on Batista then have the Taker match go on after him to shut the crowd up.

So, who takes the blame for the Reigns/Wyatt wreck? I feel bad for them. It did pick up at the end with the Reigns comeback spots and the Rollins/Ambrose save.

I also felt bad for Hogan during the "WWE Universe" botch he struggled to recover from.

Does Rowan catch hell if Cena is really injured? It wasn't all his fault, was it?

Undertaker is still so larger than life and shall remain so. It doesn't matter how many times they do this or how obvious it is he's coming.

I'd have liked more Emma showcase in the match, but I think people are already behind her anyway because of her charisma. The dance and the great music are just perfect, too.

The sign about Minnesota being the worst state cracked me up.

You serious, Clark?

Bryan beating HHH at Wrestlemania >>>>> Bryan beating Orton for the championship at Wrestlemania. Surely you all understand that. Orton didn't "screw" Bryan 6 months ago, HHH did. In fact Orton hasn't "screwed" Bryan at any point I can recall, HHH and his cronies have. Why would he want to wrestle anyone else at Wrestlemania?

• Like 2