DVDVR Message Board

Harold Ramis Dead... Apparently

RIPPA

Harold Ramis is a hero to anyone with just a passing interest in comedy. Such an amazing talent. Ghostbusters, Caddyshack and Vacation were (and are) huge influences on my taste.

I think his crowning achievement is Groundhog Day. So does Jonah Goldberg of National Review, of all places. This was a cover story in 2005. It talks about how the movie touches on so many important themes of immortality and religion and the ultimate point that all of us are redeemable. It's one of the best movies of all-time.

As a screenwriter, I'd like to highlight that this dude wrote motherfucking Groundhog Day, one of the best structured and well written comedy screenplays of all time.

There's seriously books teaching you how to write more like Groundhog Day.

RIP to a fucking boss of the highest caliber

• Like 1

As a screenwriter, I'd like to highlight that this dude wrote motherfucking Groundhog Day, one of the best structured and well written comedy screenplays of all time.

There's seriously books teaching you how to write more like Groundhog Day.

RIP to a fucking boss of the highest caliber

Adding to that is a piece from the NY Times about the religious implications of the movie.

How fucking awesome was Harold Ramis?  He wrote Stripes and it's not even in his top 5 best movies.

One of the little things he did that I liked was his cameo that was cut out of High Fidelity as John Cusack's dad.  "The good fuck hadn't even been invented when I was your age!"

Not enough love for Back to School in this thread or in general

This. Such a good movie. Definitely my favourite Dangerfield movie and Robert Downey Jr's style-hopping Derek is fun. Only problem is that the son is such a wet noodle character.

Such a great cast, with random great names all over the place. It's cast list on imdb is like some sort of demented Murderer's Row.

Not enough love for Back to School in this thread or in general

This. Such a good movie. Definitely my favourite Dangerfield movie and Robert Downey Jr's style-hopping Derek is fun. Only problem is that the son is such a wet noodle character.

He never recovered from his first love.

christine_fire.jpg

This should also bring back bad memories for Pirates fans.

Don't forget Zabka!

Man I met Billy Zabka back when I was working at the horror store, and didn't ask him if he was Billy Zabka.  I really regretted it until I saw an article with him wearing a skeleton costume, recreating Cobra Kai, from the costume shop sister store down the street.

It was probably for the best, I doubt he would have wanted to talk about Just One of the Guys all evening