DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

I wonder, if he could swing El Torito from the ring into the crowd.

They've managed to get pretty much the entire roster on the card.

The only ones missing are Harper & Rowan, Barrett (who hasn't had a match since his gimmick change), Rusev (who only competed in the Royal Rumble so far) and Xavier Woods.

Then of course there are the Yoshi Tatsus, JTGs, Tyson Kidds and Curt Hawkins' of the roster who don't even get matches on Superstars.

I wonder, if he could swing El Torito from the ring into the crowd.

They've managed to get pretty much the entire roster on the card.

The only ones missing are Harper & Rowan, Barrett (who hasn't had a match since his gimmick change), Rusev (who only competed in the Royal Rumble so far) and Xavier Woods.

Then of course there are the Yoshi Tatsus, JTGs, Tyson Kidds and Curt Hawkins' of the roster who don't even get matches on Superstars.

*Obligatory Evan Bourne reference goes here.*

It's a pretty safe, nay, EXCEEDINGLY safe bet that Harper and Rowan will be on Special Teams duty during the Cena-Wyatt match. So they don't need a match to be booked on the show. 

I have no beef with how anyone has been booked on this show so far. If they want to book 13 Divas in one 15-20 minute time block, that's fine. I suspect part of that is a make-good for the girls getting bumped off last year's show anyway. 

They've put way too much promo time and build up to the Battle Royale to push it to the pre-show this year.

Now, in all the following years from now when they keep trying to push it as prestigious but it's just Yoshi Tatsu, Santino, Darren Young, and the like, sure. But this year they're trying to make it seem like a big deal and it definitely makes the main show.

I guess I'm wanting a lengthy battle royale instead of a quick 20 minute match with whirlwind eliminations. Oh well, one can dream I suppose. I'm one of those that think they're doing this because they realize the Royal Rumble was a disaster (besides pushing Roman that much closer to the upper echelon).

How many people are actually upset that the PPV in total will last around 6 hours? I loved the WrestleMania 2000 all-day preshow, so this makes me happy.

EDIT: 8 matches so far.

I think the first hour of the preshow will be video packages, segments from RAW and maybe some analysis from the panel. I doubt they have people filing into the building that early. The second hour is where you'll get a match but my guess is tag titles are defended in that spot.

• Like 1

Dallas/Neville rematch on the pre-show of WM? That'd be cool. With NXT now airing on The Network, WWE should save the WM pre-show spot for the big NXT blow-off matches. NXTvideo packages and promos featuring someone like Zayn performing in front of a sold out WM crowd will just enhance his image and make NXT seem like a big deal." I just beat you in front of 70,000 people on the grandest stage of them all!". If WWE decides to do this, this will give the guys/gals down in Florida the motivation to  hard work as they too can be apart of WM.

The more I think I about it, the more I'm against NXT guys being on the main show in any capacity. It undermines the whole concept of being a development league and the importance of everyone in NXT chasing their dream to be on the main roster and having an opportunity to compete at Wrestlemania. 

A pre-show match makes a lot more sense. Even though it would be for exactly the same audience, it still protects the image of the Wrestlemania dream in a way. And the promotional opportunity is just too big to pass up.

Yep, me too. Matches were moved to pre-show at 25 and 27 - not certain if Miz/Barrett last year was originally announced for the main card? Although they did bump an entire match as well.

Anyway, makes no difference to me if it's on the pre-show or not now. It's all on the WWE Network. It's in front of the same crowd. Just the other side of the "credits". 

Its such a shame that nearly every match is going to be cut short due to all the video packages/hogan/hall of fame... though I like to think they gave us a crummy tag match and put the shield in a kinda crappy match just so i'm not disappointed that they don't go 30min.  I mean if The shield vs. Usos was on the card and got 6min we would all be up in arms.

How many announced matches are there?

8 matches at this time:

WWE Title Match Triple Threat - Orton v Batista v winner of DB/HHH

Winner gets in to WWE Title Match - DB/HHH

UT/Brock

Cena/Wyatt

The Shiled v Kane/NAO

Tag Title Match - Usos/Rybaxel/Real Americans/Matadores

Divas Title Match - All Divas vs AJ

Andre the Giant Battle Royal

I came up with this wishful thinking layout. Video packages/entrances included in total time. 

Battle Royal - 20 min (assuming most/all entrances on preshow)

Bryan vs. HHH - 35 min 

Tag titles - 15 minutes 

Divas title - 10 minutes

Cena vs. Bray - 30 minutes

Shield vs. Authority - 15 minutes

Taker vs. Lesnar - 25 minutes

WWE title/celebration - 30 minutes

That gives you 3 hours of action with 45 minutes left over for a Hogan promo, the HOF spot, a music performance, a couple backstage segments, and some video package/entrance under-estimation margin of error.

Now I can be horribly disappointed when the tag titles get cut, The Shield get kept under 10, Hogan rambles for half an hour, and Taker/Lesnar drags for no reason.

• Like 1