DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

So, the preshow is going to be 2 hours long

Every one of the 30 battle royal participants gets a special Mania entrance.

You may now speculate on what the grand entrances of Curtis Axel and Titus O'Neill will look like.

I would be disappointed if Titus had anything less than a fully over the top frat step show as his entrance.

At least 4 frats doing the old step battle before they all turn and do his dog bark. Then his music hits and out he comes...

• Like 1

I feel like both DB matches will feel similar to Austin/Michaels in that it was an obvious formality and you never bought any of the nearfalls.  It'll be a great moment but I'm not expecting exceptional matches going in.

Hopefully you are right. When I imagine the match against HHH Starrcade 1997 keeps coming to mind. Bryan wins after looking bad and getting saved by Vince. Vince overturns Bryan getting beat due to HHH using his power to cheat. Bryan lucks into a pin during the main event if he wins. 

I see a Starrcade 97 scenario unfolding as well, but Hulk Hogan will get involved rather than Vince.

As hard as it is for me to believe Bryan DOESN'T get his moment at WrestleMania, it's even harder for me to believe Triple H will lay down clean as fodder for his opponent to get to a "more important" match, in which Bryan will then cleanly beat one of Triple H's two closest allies in the company. 

That is something I will absolutely have to see to believe. Some sort of shenanigans are going to go down.

As hard as it is for me to believe Bryan DOESN'T get his moment at WrestleMania, it's even harder for me to believe Triple H will lay down clean as fodder for his opponent to get to a "more important" match, in which Bryan will then cleanly beat one of Triple H's two closest allies in the company.

Do have any problems believing that Triple H will book himself to control 75% of the match and only lose due to a run-in from Roman Reigns?

Oh, for those coming in from out of the South or have never been to NOLA before, I'll be happy to post some tips on places to go/more importantly, places to avoid.

I don't drink really, so the second part isn't a concern. I want to see all the black magic/voodoo places though. I love shit like that. Any names of businesses like that you know of?

The is the most excited I've been for a Mania in a while.  Not because the card is good, mind.  But because the potential for disaster is higher than its ever been.

Yes, every bit of logic, common sense, intelligence, magic eight balls, tarot cards, crystal balls, tea leaves, and rattling bones says that Mania ends with Lillian announcing Bryan as the New World Champ with Valkyries blaring and 75,000 chanting "YES!" along with Bryan holding up the belts.  But I'll truely believe it when it happens.

I'm kinda amped to see just how bad a reaction any other result will get out of that crowd.  

Looking at this year's card, I can't see any heels going over, with the possibility of maybe Bray Wyatt going over Cena. Looks like it could be a good night for the faces

Daniel Bryan has to walk away after beating HHH and the title

Obviously the Streak doesn't end

The Shield isn't losing the Kane/Outlaws

I don't see The Usos dropping the belts to Rybaxel

AJ MIGHT might it out of the Diva match, but I see her losing the belt

Big Show is the obvious pick for the battle royal

I think The Undertaker will keep his run having the best match at WrestleMania since WrestleMania 23 when he faces Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. However I can see the match getting close competition from John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. Looking forward to all three.

Rusev is winning the battle royal dammit! I said it weeks ago and I'm sticking to it. *shrug*

But yeah, Big Show could very well win it.

Bryan might not "win" both matches. I think he leaves as champion but the Bryan/HHH match could end in a weird draw situation. I don't necessarily think it will but its on the table.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about a match involving the New Age Outlaws than a match involving Brock Lesnar? I didn't think it was possible, but here we are.

The writing for Taker/Lesnar has been totally phoned in, but the stuff with Kane and The Shield is surprisingly inspired. 

That's what they want. The entire authority heel run is based on his online reputation.

To clarify I'm coming from a position where all I watch from WWE is NXT and Main Event on a "as they happen basis." I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to main show booking.

They made the tag title into a fatal 4 way. Usos vs. Rybaxel vs. Real Americans vs....Los Matadores.

Why not Cody and Dustin? Hmmmm

Probably added Los Matadores so Cesaro can finally do the big Giant Swing-to-the-outside spot on Torito  that Bryan Alvarez has been clamoring for.

They made the tag title into a fatal 4 way. Usos vs. Rybaxel vs. Real Americans vs....Los Matadores.

Why not Cody and Dustin? Hmmmm

Probably added Los Matadores so Cesaro can finally do the big Giant Swing-to-the-outside spot on Torito that Bryan Alvarez has been clamoring for.

That is my $9.99 per month with a six month commitment right there.