DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

Something many folks on the east coast use, which also present problems when you go to get home insurance since perils related to tanks or containers storing heating oil are uninsurable, if not altogether unbindable.

After RAW, its the first time I'm into the builds for the feature WrestleMania XXX matches, the triple threat for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt. Always looked forward to The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar.

So, the preshow is going to be 2 hours long

Every one of the 30 battle royal participants gets a special Mania entrance.

You may now speculate on what the grand entrances of Curtis Axel and Titus O'Neill will look like.

I feel like both DB matches will feel similar to Austin/Michaels in that it was an obvious formality and you never bought any of the nearfalls.  It'll be a great moment but I'm not expecting exceptional matches going in.

Hopefully you are right. When I imagine the match against HHH Starrcade 1997 keeps coming to mind. Bryan wins after looking bad and getting saved by Vince. Vince overturns Bryan getting beat due to HHH using his power to cheat. Bryan lucks into a pin during the main event if he wins. 

What the fuck is heating oil?

The reason I'm $2500 short this winter

I feel like both DB matches will feel similar to Austin/Michaels in that it was an obvious formality and you never bought any of the nearfalls.  It'll be a great moment but I'm not expecting exceptional matches going in.

Hopefully you are right. When I imagine the match against HHH Starrcade 1997 keeps coming to mind. Bryan wins after looking bad and getting saved by Vince. Vince overturns Bryan getting beat due to HHH using his power to cheat. Bryan lucks into a pin during the main event if he wins. 

You think it's gonna be Vince? I've been thinking the same scenario but with Hulk

I think Bryan and HHH will have a good match, actually. I don't know why but I feel like it's going to be really hate filled and just brutal (in a good way). The build-up so far is spot on and so old school. I think they get a good amount of time, with Bryan going over, then gets the win over Orton in the main event to end that story finally and start a new one with Batista.

I honestly don't think Vince is going to come back.

I want to believe the HHH character will be humbled at WrestleMania and just turn into a boss character, not HHH playing the boss.

I want to believe.

Well, very very late in the day I made the call to come up from Pensacola and hit NOLA for 'Mania. Up in the cheaps and, as every room in NOLA is booked, my lady friend and I will be staying across the mighty Mississippi in Harvey, but I'll be there, mofos. Maybe I'll see ya guys. I look nothing like the guy in my default photo.

• Like 1

Well, very very late in the day I made the call to come up from Pensacola and hit NOLA for 'Mania. Up in the cheaps and, as every room in NOLA is booked, my lady friend and I will be staying across the mighty Mississippi in Harvey, but I'll be there, mofos. Maybe I'll see ya guys. I look nothing like the guy in my default photo.

I promise at my Mania party to, no less than two times, drunkenly point to the screen and shout "hey, it's Hagan!"

• Like 1

Oh, for those coming in from out of the South or have never been to NOLA before, I'll be happy to post some tips on places to go/more importantly, places to avoid. Not sure how crazy I'll be getting, but I'll definitely be in the Quarter Saturday night with my buddy from there.

Note that if you're drinking, the tab is gonna get ridiculous pretty quick.

With the Undertaker - Ascension pairing that's being made in other threads I have a question to pose:

Would an Undertaker heel turn work for a few years?

Let's say it's no DQ and it's a great back and forth but neither man will stay down. Konnor and Viktor come out and help Taker beatdown Lesner. I'm talking Ausitn at Mania 17, Lesnar on Big Show type stuff with chairs, a table spot and a couple of finishers to put Brock down.

Then over the next 2 or 3 years Taker can put the Streak up and talk about his legacy and how untouchable he is, while Ascension compete in the tag ranks and remind everyone that Taker is alsways watching and always waiting, and the streak becomes a bigger target than "I respect you so I want to cap my career by beating you". It could maybe add some more heat to the matches as people might start feeling torn about him winning.

He can stay heel through the year by showing up to use his powers in aid of his new minions Konnor and Viktor or by destroying random people ala Brock. I'd only have him target guys like Kofi and Mysterio though. Attacking Miz would just turn Taker face again...

Im probably totally crazy but I think this could make a Cena v Taker match nuclear though.

How exactly do you expect a Wrestlemania crowd to react to heel Taker vs face Cena?

In my head Im just picturing an extreme version of what Cena already generates. Kids and women will cheer him, adult men will boo him. The typical Mania audience may totally shit on it though I guess...

Question still stands about a Taker heel turn though. Can always fight more loved faces (Bryan?) at Mania

So, the preshow is going to be 2 hours long

Every one of the 30 battle royal participants gets a special Mania entrance.

You may now speculate on what the grand entrances of Curtis Axel and Titus O'Neill will look like.

I would be disappointed if Titus had anything less than a fully over the top frat step show as his entrance.

• Like 2