DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

Big E is confirmed in the Battle Royal. I don't see anybody doing double duty - other than Bryan, of course.

It seemed like Ziggler was going to somehow be slotted in to the Sheamus/Christian/del Rio thing, but he's also apparently confirmed for the Battle Royal as well.

How great would it be if Punk returns to be in the Battle Royal? No pomp and circumstance or even really any acknowledgement, just......oh, and there's CM Punk. And then he gets eliminated by Alexander Russev

That's turrible. He should should be eliminated by El Torito.

Probably won't happen with the battle royal and Extreme Rules just a month later, but I think a 4-way ladder match with The Usos, Real Americans, Harper/Rowan, and Rollins/Ambrose (let Reigns go win the battle royal) would be a great way to round out this show. You could advance a lot of different stories and have a killer midcard match in the process. 

If you run out of battle royal fodder, just put a bunch of NXT guys in there. It'll increase brand awareness and give them no shortage of guys looking to take crazy bumps to get noticed. You could get the bigger NXT names a good rub by just doing some standard battle royal spots  when the stage is this big. Zayn in the final four stare-down, Neville takes a highlight reel elim from Reigns or somebody, Rusev is the guy that it takes 10 people to eliminate, etc.

Shield vs. Wyatt's is too fucking hot to not have at Wrestlemania in some form. Though obviously Bray is busy. I think I would do Harper/Rowan vs. Rollins/Reigns in a cage. That way, it also lets Reigns beat the Wyatt Family without hurting Bray himself.

Has anyone considered that Bryan/Trips may not actually go long at all? For some reason I'm picturing Bryan one-shotting him at the bell with the busaiku knee and pinning him in seconds to advance. Then you bring it back at the next PPV with Trips challenging him for the title.

That seems like a bad idea just because if the storyline is Bryan prooving he's more than just a B+ player by beating Hunter you don't want it done in a way that seems like a fluke. Although as a means of continuing their feud it does work. I think a normal Mania match is more fitting. It also helps him go into the main as a bigger underdog if he already had to fight a 20 minute match.

HHH will want to put on an awesome match as a giant FU to CM Punk. Maybe HHH will interfere in the title match on the premise that if he can't beat Daniel Bryan, no one else should, and Wrestlemania will end with HHH laying the belt on top of the unconscious new champion Daniel Bryan (who he just pedigreed), then doing the yes pointing thing.