DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

Putting Punk in the mainevent couldn't possibly be good for backstage morale? The guy cries his way into a Mania mainevent after taking a nearly 2 month self-imposed vacation?

Yeah, I'm sure the boys'll be up in arms that Punk is upsetting the fondly held traditions of earning your way into Mania's main event by quitting the business for years and then coming back part-time to promote your movie career.

• Like 3

This Wrestlemania is just full of Do Not Want. I'm so glad me and my buddy elected not to shell out big bucks to go see it live.

How is this Shield/Wyatts stuff NOT leading to a big stip match at Wrestlemania? A TLC or Hell in a Cell between those guys would get my money all by itself.

But, no, we're getting a Cena/Wyatt match nobody cares about and a Shield breakup nobody on earth wants to see.

Everything about this card is dumb.

Aren't there people who would have been happy a year ago if they were told Cena would be out of the Wrestlemania title match and doing something where there is a chance he might actually put over younger talent?

I'd be fine with dragging out Shield/Wyatts and would prefer they tease a Shield breakup but actually keep them together until MITB, but the sooner all this stuff happens, the sooner they potentially inject new blood into the main event scene.

Probably. Until you told them Cena was stepping back so the title match could be fucking Orton/Batista and that it was going to get in the way of an awesome match that they would rather see. Then they'd be like, "Nah, we're good. Cena can stay in the title match."

• Like 1

I'd rather imagine CM Punk being inserted into a three-way elimination match for the title and tapping to Orton or Batista in the first five minutes.

That's because you don't like Hammer Horror movies as much as I do.

I'm so disappointed by that Andre trophy.  Remember that old t-shirt of his hand?  They could've just painted the Jackass hand gold instead.  Then after El Torito wins the battle royal, he and Los Matadores can attach it to a golf cart and knock people over with it.

• Like 2

Like the idea of WM 30 - one from each Mania, in practice:

1 - Mike Rotundo

2 - Jake? Jim Neidhart? Terry Funk?

3 - Piper

4 - Jim Duggan

5 - Terry Taylor? Honky Tonk? Marty Jannetty?

6 - Barbarian? Dusty? Snuka?

7 - Nasties? Animal? Slaughter?

8 - Tatanka? Sid?

9 - Rikishi? The Steiners? Scott Hall? Backlund?

10 - Surprisingly the hardest one. Adam Bomb?

11 - Jeff Jarrett? Billy Gunn?

12 - Vader? Savio Vega? Nash? Goldust?

13 - Headbangers? JBL? Foley?

14 - Mark Henry? Bob Holly? Godfather? Faarooq? Scotty?

15 - Al Snow? Big Show? Road Dogg? Val Venis?

16 - Albert? Christian? D-Von? Saturn? Malenko? Jericho?

17 - Regal? Raven?

18 - RVD? DDP? Maven? Booker? Chuck Palumbo?

19 - Rey? Shelton? Haas? Chavo?

20 - Jindrak? Conway? Jamie Noble? Tajiri?

I hope they don't go with the legends. The current roster is filled with guys with nothing to do. Big Show, Rey, Del Rio, Sheamus, Christian, Dolph, BN Barrett, Sandow, Kofi, Ryback, Big E, Sin Cara. This thing will be roughly as star studded as the Rumble this year.

So, with the 30 man Battle Royale, how many guys pull double duty with other matches?  Or are there 30 guys that won't have other matches?

Guessing it will be the latter more than the former. Good way to get a lot of wrestlers on the show in a big match. Money in the Bank Ladder match was great for that at WrestleMania.

I like how at WrestleMania we usually get new outfits and bigger entrances. Hard every year doing that for The Undertaker in particular. We should get the visual of the fans doing Yes with Daniel Bryan twice, beating Triple H and winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Have they ever done card stunts at Mania? I think the visual of 80,000 fans spelling out YES, SHIELD, WE THE PEOPLE etc for various intros would be pretty boss.

• Like 3

Have they ever done card stunts at Mania? I think the visual of 80,000 fans spelling out YES, SHIELD, WE THE PEOPLE etc for various intros would be pretty boss.

Oooh. I like those ideas.

Yeah, my mom was part of Illinois' Block I stunt when she went there which made me think of it.

Wasn't shocked by the Battle Royal announcement: I would imagine noone will be pulling double-duty except guys like Harper and Rowan interfering in the Cena-Wyatt match. 

They were apparently planning to run MITB at WM two years ago, with Barrett going over. The he got injured and they nixed it. With only one top title, the next MITB will be a very big deal so I can see why you don't want it overshadowing the Title Match. But another Battle Royal two months after the Rumble is hard to get too excited about - I think I would have at least liked to have seen a Final Four situation where pinfalls/submissions are a factor.

So far we have the following set up or being set up for Mania:

Orton/Batista - WWE Title

Bryan/HHH

UT/Brock

Cena/Wyatt

Shield Triple Threat

Seems like they're heading toward a Cesaro/Swagger match as well as some sort of match involving Sheamus/Christian/del Rio, possibly a random tag with one other guy. Then there will be a tag title match, which I'm thinking will be a multi-team thing like Usos/NAO/Rhodes And I'm guessing the Divas match will either be AJ/Natalya or AJ/Tamina.

So, with those guys in proper matches, that leaves us with the following for the Battle Royal.

Dolph Ziggler

Kofi Kington

Curtis Axel

Damien Sandow

Ryback

Big E

Big Show

Mark Henry

Luke Harper

Eric Rowan

Fandango

Brodus Clay

Titus O'Neil

Darren Young

Drew McIntyre

Heath Slater

Jinder Mahal

Khali

Sin Cara

Justin Gabriel

The Miz

R-Truth

Rey Misterio

Santino

Xavier Woods

Zach Ryder

Fill in those last few spots with the typical legends like Booker T or Hacksaw and maybe an NXT guy or two and there's your 30

Big E is confirmed in the Battle Royal. I don't see anybody doing double duty - other than Bryan, of course.

It seemed like Ziggler was going to somehow be slotted in to the Sheamus/Christian/del Rio thing, but he's also apparently confirmed for the Battle Royal as well.