DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

I feel that we see Lesnar in a different way than they see him. I think they see him as very part-time main eventer and special attraction that's on a limited year-by-year contract. We'd like to see him win the belt and be dominant and then have a great feud with newer guys. That'll probably never happen. Let's say he does four or five matches over the next two years. You'll probably get one with Batista, maybe a one-off with Reigns, a rematch with Cena, potentially a Daniel Bryan match and, and then, I dunno...Sheamus or something.

So, there's been eight matches the last two years so that's the number (not counting pre-show)

We have four already booked. Jesus. Slight chance that Bryan gets put in the main event after beating H, which would inadverdently tie into all the times he's wrestled twice in the last year. Like...that booking really makes perfect sense.

Four spots left then:

Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns.

Tag Belts  NAO vs Usos vs Rhodes

Sheamus vs Cesaro seems like the most natural match and the best use for them.

Del Rio vs Big E

if you can squeeze in a 9th, then AJ in a quickie defense. She should be in the slot for the quickie minute loss title change.

oh, and pre-show is the massive battle royale where the winner gets the IC title shot against Big E.

I'm pretty sure it's just a happy accident, but I love how the build for Bryan/HHH is seemingly going to mirror the HHH/Undertaker build where Bryan keeps getting shot down until Hunter just can't take it anymore. I think that is some really tremendous almost assuredly unintentional storytelling.

Orton/Batista for the title

Cena/Bray

DBryan/HHH

Taker/Lesnar

The Shield 3 way for the US title

NAO/Usos or possibly NAO/Usos/Wyatts/Rhodes

AJ/Someone for the Women's title match

Cesaro/Swagger

A mix of Big E/Christian/Sheamus/ADR

The top 4 matches are a given. Batista beats Orton, then turns heel continuing his reaction to them on Monday and acknowledging the constant DBryan chants during his matches. DBryan beats HHH and they stretch the DBryan title hunt until SS with DBryan constantly getting screwed out of the title until SS where he finally beats Batista cleanly.

As much as I'd hate to see the Shield break up, it's almost certain it's going to happen with Reigns becoming the big star out of the group. It's also something they've been basically setting up since the RR. They could also do Ambrose & Rollins/Reigns in a handicap match, but I much prefer the other option first.

NAO could either face the Usos in a title match the Usos win or I could also see a 4 way elimination so they can somehow get the Rhodes and the Wyatts on the show. Either way the Usos are winning the title.

There's always a women's title match or women's match on the show, so this year will be no different.

They somewhat teased a Real Americans break up on Monday with Swagger costing Cesaro the IC title. So they either break up before WM and face each other or they break up at Mania with them facing a random team like Christian and Sheamus with Zeb and Swagger turning on Cesaro.

If they've broken them up before WM, then we'll most likely get some type of mix between Big E/Christian/Sheamus/ADR. Possibly Big E/ADR for the IC title and Christian/Sheamus on the pre-show.

They're pretty much being forced into making Batista a heel, but if they think they're going to make Orton a face and save the heat for this match, they're in for a nasty surprise on April 6th. I don't believe the powers that be are that dense, however. They're probably just gonna try to play it like HHH/Cena at 22, rolling with the natural reactions but not changing characters too much.

They'd really be best served to just get this match over with and let Batista work as a heel in the midcard after Mania. They can do a 1-day reign for Dave if that "guaranteed Mania title win" thing is actually true. The pop for him losing the next night on Raw would make Ziggler's cash-in last year look like Rey entering the 2014 Rumble.

There really needs to be a gimmick match of some sort on this show. HHH vs Bryan could quickly get into blood feud status if they weren't so squeemish about juice. Even still, I'd like to see that maybe be a Last Man Standing match where no matter what HHH does, he can't keep Bryan down and then Bryan repeatedly knees HHH in the face to put him out.

If they don't give him the title at Mania, I like the idea of Bryan humiliating HHH in their match so badly that he fires Bryan the next night on Raw. So Bryan goes rogue and does roguey things for the next few weeks until either Vince brings him back or Trips gives him a "win or you're gone" match with Orton or Dave or whoever the champeen is.

If they don't give him the title at Mania, I like the idea of Bryan humiliating HHH in their match so badly that he fires Bryan the next night on Raw. So Bryan goes rogue and does roguey things for the next few weeks until either Vince brings him back or Trips gives him a "win or you're gone" match with Orton or Dave or whoever the champeen is.

Without Punk, I don't think they could afford to take Bryan off TV.

If they don't give him the title at Mania, I like the idea of Bryan humiliating HHH in their match so badly that he fires Bryan the next night on Raw. So Bryan goes rogue and does roguey things for the next few weeks until either Vince brings him back or Trips gives him a "win or you're gone" match with Orton or Dave or whoever the champeen is.

Without Punk, I don't think they could afford to take Bryan off TV.

Of course he wouldn't be off TV. He'd be "fired" like Big Show was fired, where he's been terminated yet still magically appears on TV every week to attack dudes.

Without it being Last Man Standing or I Quit stipulations, the ending absolutely has to be HHH in the middle of the ring tapping like a bitch to the Yes Lock. Maybe doing a stretcher job.  

If he wins on a fluke or even worse, a DQ, the last 9 months is completely worthless.  I won't even get into the implications if Hunter wins.  

The match should be laid out as HHH coming in, completely arrogant, realizing about 5 minutes in the match he's barely gotten offense in and is deep trouble, and then completely drowning in a series of knees, kicks, chops, and painful submissions.

Holy shit. I'm completely on board with HHH getting squashed in surprising fashion. He steps in the ring with Bryan and doesn't even realize that he's basically stepped in the ring with a Super Saiyan. Basically, the Rock vs Brock match, which is as close WWE gets to squash matches with their upper card talent.

Hell, they could even do HHH vs Bryan again at Extreme Rules with the stip that if Bryan wins, he gets a title shot at...

Yeah...Payback on June 1 in CHICAGO, IL.

You could play into the fact that Triple H's wing is still bad from the Lesnar matches. Have Bryan just decimate it, then HHH could come out for weeks with a sling, having Bryan arrested and harassed for his "vicious assault." Have Randy orton push HHH's wheelchair around. have Stephanie talk about how HHH can't "play with his daughters or put them to bed" because of what Bryan did to him. Make him beat a bunch of dudes to get his title match. Might be fun...

If Trips wins, the rest of that show will be a nuclear disaster from a crowd standpoint... honestly, I don't think even Taker/Brock could turn those fans back around.

I think it's the only match that can. Crowd really gets into The Undertaker's WrestleMania match.

The Undertaker's going for 22-0. The Undertaker has another record on the line and that's the best match at WrestleMania since WrestleMania 23 in 2007!

WrestleMania 23: Batista

WrestleMania XXIV: Edge

WrestleMania XXV: Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XXVI: Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XXVII: Triple H

WrestleMania XXVIII: Triple H

WrestleMania XXIX: CM Punk

I loved Undertaker vs. Edge, but that wasn't the best match at 24, Flair vs. HBK was.

Really liked Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV but I'll have to disagree with you. The Undertaker vs. Edge was better. I'd only have three matches from The Streak ahead of it.

I feel like after Undertaker beats Brock and then maybe Cena that the Streak has sort of lost steam. Who else is going to be a money challenger that people actually buy into without a long build? Even the Punk match felt like a step down after the operatic epic style of Wrestlemania XXV-XXVIII.

I guess if they gave Sting creepy super powers or something. But, if they plan on giving the big win to someone, I feel like they're going to have to in the next couple years.

They should go on last and Triple H should get brutefucked the way Brock did him at Summerslam and the even worse way he grudgefucked Orton at that one Wrestlemania in the first ever WM main event extended squash. In fact, save for the attack where Orton had him in handcuffs that whole program was an extended squash replete with Triple H chasing all three frightened Legacy members around like some kind of slasher monster.

I think Mayweather/Show is the clear standout from Mania 24 IMO and it marked the return of Big Show as great WWE worker. I agree though, a really fun Mania that time has been kind to. I love the pop when Matt Hardy returns to cost MVP the MITB and am sad that those two never got to take their rivalry up to World Title level. Finlay/JBL is really great too, taking the silly WWE hardcore weapons and making them look like total death. Hornswoggle fucking EATS a trashcan from JBL at one point and Finlay decides to start hitting him as hard as he possibly can in retribution. 

I thought they had so much fun stuff going forward in 2008 but it was such a weird year on the whole. It went from dedicating an entire Raw to putting over CM Punk to a wildly schizophrenic Autumn where Mike Adamle was GM and Vince was giving away millions of dollars and Brian Kendrick was in WWE title matches and as soon as 2009 hit, it all got a bit boring. So, I salute Mania 24 for kickstarting all that madness.