DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

They could always do the sad march, hit the bong, have the match, I'm assuming Taker goes over, Happy Jazz on the way out.

If I'm Jim Johnston, I'm working on a jazz version of Undertaker's theme ASAP.

I'm wondering if someone can rework the organ parts into brass parts.  That would actually top Chello Kane theme for his wedding to Lita.

They could always do the sad march, hit the bong, have the match, I'm assuming Taker goes over, Happy Jazz on the way out.

If I'm Jim Johnston, I'm working on a jazz version of Undertaker's theme ASAP.

I'm wondering if someone can rework the organ parts into brass parts.  That would actually top Chello Kane theme for his wedding to Lita.

If we learned anything from the Steve Austin show it;s that it will only take Jim Johnston 8 hours to write, record, mix, and master the theme.  8 hours!!!

Just curious: what do people consider to be the bigger match (just on paper, not considering who goes over)

Daniel Bryan against Batista and/or Orton for the belt.

Daniel Bryan vs HHH.

Not to bury the belt and all but it seems like that's a much more high profile match and is going to be more heavily pushed than anything except Cena/Bray and Lesnar/Taker.

I mean, it's either 3rd from the top or 4th and I guess it really depends on how much you value the belt and where you see Hunter on the star scale.*

• Like 1

I feel like WWE wants this Bryan vs Triple H match to be a "Wrestlemania Moment™" for Bryan.  They think beating Hunter is going to prove to everyone that Bryan is a top guy but I'd argue he's already the biggest babyface in the company.  

Let's say DB beats HHH clean in the middle of the ring.  Where does the story go from there?  

Does that prove to Hunter that Bryan is an "A+" superstar?  If Bryan moves on to go after the title why doesn't Triple H just keep screwing him like he has before?  Does that make Bryan vs Triple H the new Austin vs McMahon?

The joy of Austin vs McMahon was that Austin got over on McMahon more often than not.  Sure, he'd drop the belt every so often but he was never booked to be so inept.  Austin was a babyface who, more often than not, was smarter and tougher than the stooge heels that the evil boss sent after him.  It was fun to see McMahon send waves of guys after him and watch how Austin would still find a way to come out on top.

Nobody likes a loser and they're testing the patience of the audience.  DB needs to become more of a proactive character or they risk the guy just coming across as an ineffectual loser. 

• Like 1

The title match is more important. Bryan wins that match and he becomes the champion. He beats Triple H and...?

stays the number 2 babyface in the company (positioning, not crowd response) behind John Cena, who will probably have temporarily lost his Being John Cena title to Bray Wyatt.

The Bryan/Hunter build-up has had, and will have, much more of a spotlight than the title match. I mean, shit...if it was Punk/Hunter that still gets the 3rd from the top spot against the title match. This is a much higher profile spot than the title match.

The Bryan-HHH build-up has had one day.

The title match is more important. Bryan wins that match and he becomes the champion. He beats Triple H and...?

What did beating Bret Hart do for Steve Austin at Mania 13?

Oh wait he didn't even win.

Austin was booked a million times better than Bryan has been.

• Like 1

One day? It started before SummerSlam and more/or less been on a slow burn since then. The Wyatt thing was a bit sidetrack but it's been a pretty steady narrative since then.

Until a month ago, the match was Punk-v-Hunter. It hasn't been a slow burn, it had been bypassed entirely. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking some type of tag gauntlet on the pre-show with the winner getting a title shot.  Tons of Funk (are they still a team?), Woods/Truth, The Rhodes, Rybaxel, 2 of The Shield (unless they aren't otherwise booked), Harper/Rowan, The Usos, Los Matadors, anyone else?

If the don't split the Real Americans or have Cesaro go after some other title, I'm thinking he and Sheamus might get shoehorned into some sort of feud.  The two have had great chemistry so far and there are much worse things you could put on the show than them bombing the fuck out of eachother for 10 minutes.

On the Taker/Lesnar front, how would people feel about Lesnar destroying Taker, but getting a DQ loss? No way should Brock end the streak, but they're in a tough spot with him for this feud. They've got his credibility back up after a couple unnecessary losses, but dropping a clean fall here would be a major setback (even if it is UT at Mania). I think we can all agree someone from the new generation needs to get a fall on Lesnar, but it means less and less with each established guy that has already beaten him.

Also I don't think Taker has ever beaten Lesnar, has he? They had a no contest brawl in their first meeting, Lesnar won clean in HIAC, and won again with some shenanigans in the biker chain match. I even saw a random tag from 03 where Lesnar and Cena beat Angle and Taker the other week. Maybe Taker got a random SD win back, I'm not sure.

One day? It started before SummerSlam and more/or less been on a slow burn since then. The Wyatt thing was a bit sidetrack but it's been a pretty steady narrative since then.

Until a month ago, the match was Punk-v-Hunter. It hasn't been a slow burn, it had been bypassed entirely. 

And I felt that the whole Punk vs HHH thing seemed like it was gonna interrupt the obvious long term story they'd been telling that was Bryan vs HHH. HHH has been screwing over Bryan since Summerslam and suddenly it's gonna be Punk vs HHH? That's what didn't make sense.

Lesnar/Taker

Bryan/HHH

Wyatt/Cena

Orton/Batista

mmm...

I can see Usos/NAO/Wyatts/Rhodes Brothers happening. A gimmick is needed. TLC? Tag Team Titles should definitely be on the line.

Sheamus/Cesaro would also be interesting. Two tough guys just going out there and having a hard hitting match.

Also keep in mind that RVD and Jericho would come back in a heartbeat if WWE asked them to. With that said I would book The Shield vs. Jericho/RVD/Mysterio (with Mysterio working as little of the match as possible).

Big E. vs Alberto Del Rio for the IC title.

Toss in a Hogan/3MB segment featuring a Hogan beatdown and Ultimate Warrior save, HOF ceremony, and a preshow featuring: Swagger,Barrett,Christian, Titus, and Sandow  vs. Henry, Big Show, Young, Ziggler, and Sin Cara and it would be a pretty solid show (at least from a workrate perspective).