DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Great choice. I was watching some of it on Monday. I still have the VHS tape from the night it aired. Maybe the best PPV of all-time. It's loaded and as you said... there's something for everyone. Even the two "street fights" are completely different in style. One is the garbage/weapons style fall count anywhere and the other is a classic come-as-you-are jeans and boots bloodbath. You even have Vader/Bossman trading blows.

I have to confess, outside of work/school.. I have no idea what else is going on in the world right now. WWEN is going to consume all my free time.

GAB 89 says hello

Great show. Now it goes and cries in a corner because it's not on Spring Stampede 94's level. Nothing to be ashamed of, nothing is.

OK fellas, I've got my buddy to agree to let me educate him on all the great stuff he missed out on by only watching WWF his whole life. Lesson 1 is Barry Windham. Assuming I have 2 hours of time, what should I show him?

Vader in WCW. Every match he had with Sting should be on the Network. Eddie vs. Rey from Halloween Havoc (96 or 97). War Games '92.

RE: Spring Stampede '94. 

Aaron Neville sucks. He's also dressed like a cross between Bret Michaels and Double J. 

BUT.

Regal just begged off, so Pillman dropped to his knees and smacked him in the teeth. 

Fuck, if they put up every Nitro, every Mothership, and all kinds of Worldwide, I'm canceling the damn cable. 

God, I love WCW. 

At a quick glance I see:

Windham/Dustin Rhodes/Nikita Koloff vs Austin/Eaton/Arn Beach Blast 92

Windham vs Flair Slamboree 94 (is this the one where he blows out his knee?)

Windham vs Flair Beach Blast 93

Windham vs Arn Slamboree 93

Windham vs Muta Superbrawl 3

Windham/Dustin vs Dr Death/Austin Halloween Havoc 92 (why were Doc and Austin teaming?)

Beach Blast was where he blew out his knee, such a subpar match. In his shoot Windham mentions having cadavar cartilige put in his knee and coming back too early so it didn't take.

Doc and Austin were teaming coz Gordy tried to squeeze Watts for more money so got turfed IIRC.

What's people's problem with Windham as the Widowmaker? Apart from how shortlived it was. He was on point and would've been huge imo as he was riding the crest of his peak

So I'm watching the stream of Old School right now, and there is a Putski match against some dude named The Wolfman. Does anyone know if he did anything else? He's pretty awesome.

He had a feud with Pedro & Gorilla, and some stuff with Johnny Rodz & Tony Garea. 

I was shocked by Stone Cold Ivan Putski's post-match beer and his giant beer gut.  Only ever seen Ivan in bodybuilder mode.